All Aboard!!!....The Jimmy Garoppolo Bandwagon

HessStation

We all want the "for sure" guy, and do I believe Garoppolo is that guy? More than likely not, but am I willing to give him a shot? Sure. After Brady and the 6th round, anything is possible.

"More likely than not" wasn't how they described Andrew Luck, or are talking about Teddy Bridgewater.  For that reason, a kid's name that just popped up on the radar does not warrant trading away picks to MOVE UP FOR, let alone take at the #18 spot.  This team has too many needs. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"More likely than not" wasn't how they described Andrew Luck, or are talking about Teddy Bridgewater.  For that reason, a kid's name that just popped up on the radar does not warrant trading away picks to MOVE UP FOR, let alone take at the #18 spot.  This team has too many needs. 

Oh no, I'm not trading up for this kid. I would only trade up for Bridgewater or Manziel. I wouldnt go anyplace to get Bortles or Carr, as I dont want either, but if this kid was around in the 2nd, and definitely the 3rd (which wont happen now), I would take a shot.

Geno will never be more than an average quarterback and you don't win super bowls with an average quarterback. Jets need to keep drafting QB's till they find their franchise QB. Jimmy looks like a nice QB and I would take him round 2 for sure if he us there. Trading back from 18 and picking up another pick to get Jimmy is also a good option. Maybe throw in Geno for a bag of balls too.

Dont they always show him on the sidelines with his Jet hat that looks 3 sizes too big, and on crooked? Maybe, I'm thinking of someone else but I thought it was him.

The accusation I will simply ignore. sorry.

Do they show him with his pants down to his knees, displaying his boxers, wearing doorknob sized gold chains, too?

Do they show him with his pants down to his knees, displaying his boxers, wearing doorknob sized gold chains, too?

He shows himself in more ways than one.  They did show him distraught and about to have an emotional breakdown at the draft - he looked like he was going to cry - then like a lil biatch he was going to leave the draft altogether.  Too bad he didn't leave. he probably wouldn't have been drafted at all. Talk about being disrespectful to the game. Just shows he is classless and self-centered.  And throughout the entire season I didn't hear him say one thing of any substance.  All he would say after each game is "I gotta get better".  He has the personality of a prima donna.  These are the things I see and these are the things he shows:

urban dictionary

Prima Donna

01: a person that's considered vain, temperamental and/or conceited.

A true prima donna is a diva. A prima donna wanna-be can be very prideful for example.]

diva
female version of a hustler.
a true diva will do anything to get what she wants.

douche
a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing them to the cleansing product for vaginas.

He lacks leadership, integrity, humility, common sense or responsibility.  But who needs that to be a QB right? Other than that he's da sh*t!

He shows himself in more ways than one.  They did show him distraught and about to have an emotional breakdown at the draft - he looked like he was going to cry - then like a lil biatch he was going to leave the draft altogether.  Too bad he didn't leave. he probably wouldn't have been drafted at all. Talk about being disrespectful to the game. Just shows he is classless and self-centered.  And throughout the entire season I didn't hear him say one thing of any substance.  All he would say after each game is "I gotta get better".  He has the personality of a prima donna.  These are the things I see and these are the things he shows:

urban dictionary

Prima Donna

A true prima donna is a diva. A prima donna wanna-be can be very prideful for example.]

diva

douche
a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing them to the cleansing product for vaginas.

He lacks leadership, integrity, humility, common sense or responsibility.  But who needs that to be a QB right? Other than that he's da sh*t!

Wow.

Jimmy and the Jets!

good right - fans can sing the song....priceless!

hahaha........We can get Elton John to sing it on opening day.......Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy......Oh Jimmy and the Jets  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vLlpJc9mW0

The song tells of "Benny and the Jets", a fictional band of whom the singer, John, is a supposed fan. In interviews, Taupin has said that the song's lyrics are a satire on the music industry of the 1970s. The greed and glitz of the early '70s music scene is portrayed by Taupin's words:

We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around, you're gonna hear electric music, solid walls of sound.

A common coincidence of the song is the fact that Ben Graham, known as Benny, played with the New York Jets leading to the phrase "Benny & the Jets".

"Jimmy And The Jets"

Hey kids, shake it loose together

The spotlight's hitting something

That's been known to change the weather

We'll kill the fatted calf tonight

So stick around

You're gonna hear electric music

Solid walls of sound

Say, Candy and Ronnie, have you seen them yet

But they're so spaced out, Jimmy and the Jets

Oh but they're weird and they're wonderful

Oh Jimmy she's really keen

She's got electric boots a mohair suit

You know I read it in a magazine

Jimmy and the Jets

Hey kids, plug into the faithless

Maybe they're blinded

But Jimmy makes them ageless

We shall survive, let us take ourselves along

Where we fight our parents out in the streets

To find who's right and who's wrong

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy......Oh Jimmy and the Jets  

Jets Jets Jets Jimmy Jimmy and the Jets

A jet fan sings homage to Bennie and the Jets - really silly

http://ballertainmen...red-theme-song/

urban dictionary

Prima Donna

diva

douche

Oh, you don't like Geno? First I've noticed.

You think this diatribe excuses racist stereotypes? Encourages them? Just curious.

hahaha........We can get Elton John to sing it on opening day.......Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy......Oh Jimmy and the Jets  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vLlpJc9mW0

The song tells of "Benny and the Jets", a fictional band of whom the singer, John, is a supposed fan. In interviews, Taupin has said that the song's lyrics are a satire on the music industry of the 1970s. The greed and glitz of the early '70s music scene is portrayed by Taupin's words:

We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around, you're gonna hear electric music, solid walls of sound.

A common coincidence of the song is the fact that Ben Graham, known as Benny, played with the New York Jets leading to the phrase "Benny & the Jets".

"Jimmy And The Jets"

Hey kids, shake it loose together

The spotlight's hitting something

That's been known to change the weather

We'll kill the fatted calf tonight

So stick around

You're gonna hear electric music

Solid walls of sound

Say, Candy and Ronnie, have you seen them yet

But they're so spaced out, Jimmy and the Jets

Oh but they're weird and they're wonderful

Oh Jimmy she's really keen

She's got electric boots a mohair suit

You know I read it in a magazine

Jimmy and the Jets

Hey kids, plug into the faithless

Maybe they're blinded

But Jimmy makes them ageless

We shall survive, let us take ourselves along

Where we fight our parents out in the streets

To find who's right and who's wrong

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy......Oh Jimmy and the Jets  

Jets Jets Jets Jimmy Jimmy and the Jets

A jet fan sings homage to Bennie and the Jets - really silly

http://ballertainmen...red-theme-song/

We should just take him with the 18th - whether he can play or not.

Same height, if not an inch shorter than Geno.

Same weight, if not ten pounds heavier than Geno.  (you see it in his seat)

More accurate, but less agile. 

meh. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7veWuK4OxTY

More than agile enough - qb's don't need to be running all over the place - and you cant measure intangibles - I love this kid's attitude - he just exudes confidence, leadership and has a certain moxie that is rare. He reminds me of Brees, Romo, Sipe - he has that "IT" factor.  

More than agile enough - qb's don't need to be running all over the place - and you cant measure intangibles - I love this kid's attitude - he just exudes confidence, leadership and has a certain moxie that is rare. He reminds me of Brees, Romo, Sipe - he has that "IT" factor.  

Wow. You get a lot from nothing.  Ryan Nassib shoulda been taken in the first round. 

He's ******* amazing. We should trade up to the 1st pick to get him. You see how he destroys defenses that couldn't play against high school teams? I mean holy **** he's the best QB prospect I've ever seen.

That video was taken from a college all-star game.  And as has been mentioned before, not every big-time QB has come from a big-time program.  Kaep, Roethlisberger, Flacco, etc.

Sometimes, hyperbole, and exaggeration rear their ugly head on the internet in an attempt to make a point. That is not an excuse however for the poor choice of words that I used.

I'm sorry I got carried away, and I apologize for offending anyone.

I believe its Galapagos ( where I believe Mendel discovered the theory of Evolution), but thats a very funny "nickname" for the kid.

I agree, Geno is a great backup (not kidding), he could be that change of pace type that comes in, that may get a defense off blanace for a few plays, but a FRANCHISE guy, never.

We all want the "for sure" guy, and do I believe Garoppolo is that guy? More than likely not, but am I willing to give him a shot? Sure. After Brady and the 6th round, anything is possible.

Thats a terrible idea...nobody has a change of pace QB. 

Oh wait, we tried that with Timmy

Archived