PATRIOTS ELIMINATION THREAD

Bugg

I don't know how Belichick said that was "one of the worst" plays he has seen. If Welker was trying to deliberately hurt Talib, why not go for the head? It seems Welker is was simply trying to set up a block with as big a hit as the undersized Welker could make, he seemed to make a point of lowering himself to avoid the head, and it is not like Talib could not see him coming. It may be against the rules to set a pick like that but it was not a dirty hit.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how Belichick said that was "one of the worst" plays he has seen. If Welker was trying to deliberately hurt Talib, why not go for the head? It seems Welker is was simply trying to set up a block with as big a hit as the undersized Welker could make, he seemed to make a point of lowering himself to avoid the head, and it is not like Talib didn't see him coming. It may be against the rules to set a pick like that but it was not a dirty hit.

If they'd have just paid Welker they wouldn't be dealing with this today.  Those cheap-asses are getting what they deserve.  3 yards a catch out of Edelman and not much else.

Do you possess the ability to post about another topic?

This thread is about the Pats losing today. Please post about your hatred of Rex Ryan in any one of the 1000 threads Tom Shane has started on that topic.

This.

Lol, I'm trying to help my fellow Jet fans stop embarrassing themselves, bashing Bellicheck after getting Wrex a contract extension, it's a joke. It's why our ass clown owner can be an ass clown and get away with it, our fans eat shit and brag about it, and laugh at other fans who are eating good food.

I am not even sure you are a Jets fan at this point.  

If I told someone to **** off, would it be against the code of conduct?

I know you'll think I'm being a smart ass, but I'm being genuine here. I've pretty much allowed you to neuter me here, but it's hard for me to understand this "do as I say, not as I do" thing you've got going.

Also.... I'm VERY glad the Pats lost today. 

Yes, it would be.

But it isn't always about you lol.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter7 mins

Bill Belichick said Wes Welker's hit on Aqib Talib was "a deliberate play to take out Aqib. I'll let the league handle the discipline."

What a sore loser.

Sounds like he should have kept Welker.

And if a 150lb player is knocking out your defense maybe you need a new strategy,  :)

If they'd have just paid Welker they wouldn't be dealing with this today.  Those cheap-asses are getting what they deserve.  3 yards a catch out of Edelman and not much else.

I forget, how did the guy they signed to replace Welker do yesterday?

CltE2g.gif

It kind of looks deliberate. More so than a normal pick play.

a little bit, but about the same as Edelman's hit/block on DRC a few plays prior. Football's a tough sport. Only the strong survive.

Also, Welkers hit is straight on. Wasn't some cheap shot from behind or at the knees.

From Pats Fan.com:

The NFL won't, but what would be sweet justice is if Welker was suspended for the Super Bowl.

The fact that the little bastard lowered his midget body into Talib was a coward move. I hope Sherman breaks his leg on the first play.

In a pick play you get in the way, "rub" him, make the DB alter his line.

Pick plays don't involve diving at the knees of the DB.

This was a lot worse than "just a pick play"

a little bit, but about the same as Edelman's hit/block on DRC a few plays prior. Football's a tough sport. Only the strong survive.

Also, Welkers hit is straight on. Wasn't some cheap shot from behind or at the knees.

Exactly.  I think they forget that Rodney Harrison played for them.

The Patriots have built a dynasty out of pick plays and getting away with pass interference. The Broncos probably ADDED that crap to their offense when they got Welker, taking it from the Pats play book.

LOL at anyone feeling bad about little Welker putting a hit on the big, physical corner Talib.

Lol, I'm trying to help my fellow Jet fans stop embarrassing themselves, bashing Bellicheck after getting Wrex a contract extension, it's a joke. It's why our ass clown owner can be an ass clown and get away with it, our fans eat sh*t and brag about it, and laugh at other fans who are eating good food.

There are threads and occasions for this.

This is not one of them.

Let us bask in schadenfreude of the Pats' demise. And nothing else.

The Patriots have built a dynasty out of pick plays and getting away with pass interference. The Broncos probably ADDED that crap to their offense when they got Welker, taking it from the Pats play book.

LOL at anyone feeling bad about little Welker putting a hit on the big, physical corner Talib.

Welker did nothing more than he has been doing for years as a Patriot. The have run hard crossing pick plays forever, and they're almost never called. And on that play Welker isn't picking anyone as much as he's blocking.

Welker did nothing more than he has been doing for years as a Patriot. The have run hard crossing pick plays forever, and they're almost never called. And on that play Welker isn't picking anyone as much as he's blocking.

I'm sure Belichick recognized it as a dirty play because he's the one who taught Welker how to do it.

I forget, how did the guy they signed to replace Welker do yesterday?

0 catches.  Well worth that 5 year, $28.5M deal they handed him.  Can't stay healthy, and when he does, he can't catch a single pass against a banged up secondary that wasn't very good statistically.  It's no wonder the Rams, despite being short on receivers, elected not to bring him back. 

Good job, Bill.

They already have Superman. It's all good.

True, and they dont seem to be able to win it anymore, even with Superman.

I am one that scoffs at the "notion" that they seemed to win it when they "cheated", but you know, its becoming curioser and curioser that ever since they were "caught", that their failures seem to be more frequent than before.

Hmmm..............

True, and they dont seem to be able to win it anymore, even with Superman.

I am one that scoffs at the "notion" that they seemed to win it when they "cheated", but you know, its becoming curioser and curioser that ever since they were "caught", that their failures seem to be more frequent than before.

Hmmm..............

"more and more curious"

I'm more partial to the Vinatieri Curse. As soon as the Pats refused to pay him, he left, they stopped winning championships and he joined the Colts as they finally got over the hump and won it all.

Also, they cheat and Kraft owns favor from the league. That much is obvious.

"more and more curious"

I'm more partial to the Vinatieri Curse. As soon as the Pats refused to pay him, he left, they stopped winning championships and he joined the Colts as they finally got over the hump and won it all.

Also, they cheat and Kraft owns favor from the league. That much is obvious.

Right, "more and more curious", and I just badmouthed a bunch of NFL players for bad grammar.

The Vinateri curse? interesting.

By the way, not a good monday morning for KRAFT:

His beloved Pats lost and they just recalled more than 2 million pounds of Kraft Valveeta cheese. So sad.

Right, "more and more curious", and I just badmouthed a bunch of NFL players for bad grammar.

The Vinateri curse? interesting.

By the way, not a good monday morning for KRAFT:

His beloved Pats lost and they just recalled more than 2 million pounds of Kraft Valveeta cheese. So sad.

Let me guess, because it's radioactive?

There is no doubt that all teams are guilty of the pick play.  

I disagree it is was not a simple straight on collision.  Again, it was a designed play where Wes was supposed to rub Aqib off, but for whatever reason Thomas veers further inside and Wes throws his body into Aqib.  He was out of position.

GFY

Mangini was the best Jets coach in 40 years cause you crybaby bitches have won the the same nothing we have since you got caught cheating, but you front running assholes dont have our ability to deal with it

Nothing?

How many Superbowls have you been in the past 6-7 years much less the past 45?

As Cowher recently reaffirmed as recently as two weeks ago, Spygate had no affect on the Patriots winning those three Superbowls.  "Everone tries to do it (e.g. steal signals)."

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Patriots camera usage had nothing to do with the continued ineptitude of your team. 

There is no doubt that all teams are guilty of the pick play.  

I disagree it is was not a simple straight on collision.  Again, it was a designed play where Wes was supposed to rub Aqib off, but for whatever reason Thomas veers further inside and Wes throws his body into Aqib.  He was out of position.

Nothing?

How many Superbowls have you been in the past 6-7 years much less the past 45?

As Cowher recently reaffirmed as recently as two weeks ago, Spygate had no affect on the Patriots winning those three Superbowls.  "Everone tries to do it (e.g. steal signals)."

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Patriots camera usage had nothing to do with the continued ineptitude of your team. 

tomtouch.gif

Archived