Did Richard Sherman just shout out M.O.B. ?

sirlancemehlot

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Media day for the Super Bowl- Goodall cringes

Yeah, interviewing guys that if it wasnt for their physical ability and being in the NFL, would be on the street corner asking you how many grams you need, or doing 3-7 in Sing-Sing, is always a great way to spend Super Bowl Media day.

They should give an award for the first corner or WR who is a able to complete a grammatically correct sentence.

I wasn't implying you where a racist, champ. I just figured you'd be used to it living there

I know what you were getting at. :)

I lived in Georgia and Indiana before here. Both were way more racist than Boston to be honest. If your mind is right, you don't get used to it.

Who gives a rats ass about what the acronym was?  Take the interview, or attempted interview, in its totality.  Real class act, right?   Guys like this give credence to the idea that some stereotypes are earned.

I don;t know.  Dude was out of his mind hyped.  Sorta reminds me of the Bart Scott, "Can;t wait" interview.  Both dudes hyped out of their minds.  Might have been smart of the reporter to give them little space till the adrenaline wore off.  Temporary insanitiy in a sense. 

Agreed.  It was no different than the Bart Scott's, Cant Wait interview...which was ******* awesome.  "they cant stop a nose bleed".

Division rivals, in a heated game, you approach him right after the big moment?  What do you expect?  Thats why they rushed to get his interview and not Russell Wilson...boring..zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  This is entertainment and that sh*t was awesome. 

And I cant believe people are calling him a thug turd for this.  For sh*t talking?  Have you ever played sports?  lol.  Thats what you do.  Pretty sure the dude is squeaky clean off the field.  But he's a thug for being a sh*t talker..okay.

Hahaha ninja'd by the sweet one. Exactly.

Sherman > Revis

No doubt.

Says nothing about Sherman as a person.  Dude was outta his mind.  Freaking loved it. 

Me too...it was awesome.  He talks louder than anyone but he backs it up.  I cant hate.  He aint hurting anyone and he's clean off the field...so who cares.  This is entertainment and the dude is entertaining.

Difference between his post-game rant and Bart Scott's is that Sherman's was about himself and another individual; Scott's rant was about the team(s).  Both were hyped up (understandably) but it's not a subtle difference.

That being said, the notion that this is as close as the guy can come to a coherent sentence is just idiotic.  He sounded neither better-spoken or worse-spoke than Scott was, and from what I've seen of both (when they aren't having an adrenaline overdose) they both seem like pretty smart guys.  I've yelled and screamed in the moment plenty, as have most of the people here.  Doesn't make me "typical" of anything other than being a person instead of being a robot.  The way I sound is different than Sherman, though, so different people are going to make different comments about inferences drawn from such outbursts of emotion.  We're just not going to sound the same.  Well duh.  We didn't grow up in the same family with the same friends in the same schools in the same neighborhoods.  Which is probably why I sound so much more ghetto than Sherman does; he's a pretender while I actually live the life.  It's all good, though.  I remember when I wore my dreds were shorter like he does.  Kinda cute.  

In any event, other than the me-me-me nature of his outburst, it's a lot of nothing. He made the game-sealing play that helped put his team in the superbowl, with the whole country watching.  Not to mention the guy's about to be a UFA and that likely didn't hurt his upcoming payday.  Well f*cking good for him.   We should all be so fortunate as to have perfect moments like that against someone who was (allegedly) trash-talking him not long before.  That's all it was for him and, on a team-level, that's all it was with Scott.

Did you read it? Or are just assuming to know what it says?

You know what?  My immediate reaction to Sherman was that he was a lunatic.  I think I can stand by that.  Not a thug, not anything else, just a lunatic.

In reading the article, I think he's full of crap about the handshake thing, that was no doubt a taunt.  However, I respect him a ton for just saying he doesn't like Crabtree.

Difference between his post-game rant and Bart Scott's is that Sherman's was about himself and another individual; Scott's rant was about the team(s).  Both were hyped up (understandably) but it's not a subtle difference.

That being said, the notion that this is as close as the guy can come to a coherent sentence is just idiotic.  He sounded neither better-spoken or worse-spoke than Scott was, and from what I've seen of both (when they aren't having an adrenaline overdose) they both seem like pretty smart guys.  I've yelled and screamed in the moment plenty, as have most of the people here.  Doesn't make me "typical" of anything other than being a person instead of being a robot.  The way I sound is different than Sherman, though, so different people are going to make different comments about inferences drawn from such outbursts of emotion.  We're just not going to sound the same.  Well duh.  We didn't grow up in the same family with the same friends in the same schools in the same neighborhoods.  Which is probably why I sound so much more ghetto than Sherman does; he's a pretender while I actually live the life.  It's all good, though.  I remember when I wore my dreds were shorter like he does.  Kinda cute.  

In any event, other than the me-me-me nature of his outburst, it's a lot of nothing. He made the game-sealing play that helped put his team in the superbowl, with the whole country watching.  Not to mention the guy's about to be a UFA and that likely didn't hurt his upcoming payday.  Well f*cking good for him.   We should all be so fortunate as to have perfect moments like that against someone who was (allegedly) trash-talking him not long before.  That's all it was for him and, on a team-level, that's all it was with Scott.

Actually, the real difference was that Sherman was reflecting on what just happened. Showing that he was smart enough to pop-off about the game that just ended, rather than the one coming up. 

Bart on the other hand. LMFAO fail.

You know what?  My immediate reaction to Sherman was that he was a lunatic.  I think I can stand by that.  Not a thug, not anything else, just a lunatic.

In reading the article, I think he's full of crap about the handshake thing, that was no doubt a taunt.  However, I respect him a ton for just saying he doesn't like Crabtree.

Sherman has a lot of that "always the victim, all about me, never my fault, but I'm obviously the antagonist" thing going for him that I use in the Ape persona her on JN. 

He always does that "let's shake hands" thing to try and look like a good sport, but it's usually at a juncture where he's infuriated the person he extends the gesture to beyond civility. Eliciting a "lashing out" and then Sherman goes acting like the victim to the press. He did the same crap with Harbaugh.

In other words, he's a troll of sorts.

LOL

Actually, the real difference was that Sherman was reflecting on what just happened. Showing that he was smart enough to pop-off about the game that just ended, rather than the one coming up. 

Bart on the other hand. LMFAO fail.

Meh.  Sherman's team is on the way to the superbowl.  All he could talk about was him and Crabtree, not the Seahawks or the 49ers.  Scott sounded off pro-Jets, anti-Patriots, not pro-Scott/anti-_____(player).  

Now Scott's comments would have gone over even better in hindsight if he didn't lube up his hands and arms for Pittsburgh the following week.  Or play with 25-lb ankle weights for the next 2 seasons. Don't know why he did that.  But all the same, how is Sherman any better comment-wise if he gets burned for 2 TDs in the superbowl?

Says nothing about Sherman as a person.  Dude was outta his mind.  Freaking loved it. 

I disagree. I think it's about as honest a peek into his person as you will get. No time to censor himself and say the politically correct thing, his psyche spilled right out.

He is not the first athlete to be interviewed immediately after a victory. That can't be used as an excuse.

He can't help it, I'm not judging him, he is what he is. I don't think it's cute, interesting or something that should be aspired to or rationalized or respected. It's the lowest form of competitiveness, in-your-faceism.

I disagree. I think it's about as honest a peek into his person as you will get. No time to censor himself and say the politically correct thing, his psyche spilled right out.

He is not the first athlete to be interviewed immediately after a victory. That can't be used as an excuse.

He can't help it, I'm not judging him, he is what he is. I don't think it's cute, interesting or something that should be aspired to or rationalized or respected. It's the lowest form of competitiveness, in-your-faceism.

I kind of agree with this.  Sherman is motivated by his ego-mania. He cant help himself.  Stupid is as stupid does.  In his case, he sees himself as an underappreciated, victimized athlete  who clearly suffers from low self-esteem and finds it necessary to humiliate his opponents in an attempt to prove his worthiness.  Unfortunately, all he does is make an azz of himself.  There was no justification in going public with his comments about Crabtree even if he had a personal rift with him.  I've never heard Crabtree talk about him publicly.  Even the reporter said astonishingly, "who's talking about you?"  She will get a big raise.  The guy is a head case and needs a sports sickologist in the worst way. I'm surprised Godell hasn't lowered the boom on this idiot. He is giving football a bad name.  To call Crabtree a mediocre receiver during a national press conference after the game is shameless. Who does that?  And its not just this incident.  There are now countless accounts of his meltdowns in regard to Revis and Skip Bayless.  He continues to claim himself as the 'best corner'. I have no problem with that but when you try to promote yourself at the expense of others its rude, arrogant, pathetic and somewhat pathological. Funny thing is he isn't the best corner.   Patrick Peterson, Joe HadenAlterraun Verner, Darrelle Revis, Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, are better.  This guy is going to have an emotional breakdown at some point.  There is just to much hatred and insanity in his heart. And its not going to be pretty.         

Meh.  Sherman's team is on the way to the superbowl.  All he could talk about was him and Crabtree, not the Seahawks or the 49ers.  Scott sounded off pro-Jets, anti-Patriots, not pro-Scott/anti-_____(player).  

Now Scott's comments would have gone over even better in hindsight if he didn't lube up his hands and arms for Pittsburgh the following week.  Or play with 25-lb ankle weights for the next 2 seasons. Don't know why he did that.  But all the same, how is Sherman any better comment-wise if he gets burned for 2 TDs in the superbowl?

Because it wouldn't be happening against the team he taunted, he didn't say booty about the Broncos. 

The difference is, Sherman isn't calling out the Broncos who they have to play still. I believe some like to say "no bulletin board material", which to most of us seems silly, but as you can see by the mentality of some of these players... trash talk matters.

The WWF is appreciated most by twelve year old kids, people with down's syndrome, a violent soap opera for latent homosexuals. Google it.

Not necessary to use down's syndrome as an insult, there's plenty other ways to take a cheap shot at JIF. 

Sherman is a poster child for the ugliness spawned by extreme insecurity, attention neediness, and narcissism. It's a prevalent issue with Gen Y.

Archived