Did Richard Sherman just shout out M.O.B. ?

sirlancemehlot

Terrel Owens was an a$$hole but he was still showing up in a commercial during Sunday's games for Carl's Jr. That a good few seasons after he was out of the league.

How many national commercials does Marvin Harrison have ?

So Sherman is on the right track. He wants to be loud so that people talk about it and he becomes a nationally know figure at a time he is probably going to get the most visibility because down the road its commercially lucrative. Who cares what some people with a stick up their back think when you cash those cheques!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrel Owens was an a$$hole but he was still showing up in a commercial during Sunday's games for Carl's Jr. That a good few seasons after he was out of the league.

How many national commercials does Marvin Harrison have ?

So Sherman is on the right track. He wants to be loud so that people talk about it and he becomes a nationally know figure at a time he is probably going to get the most visibility because down the road its commercially lucrative. Who cares what some people with a stick up their back think when you cash those cheques!

Well, to be fair, TO hasn't killed anyone either. 

Because it wouldn't be happening against the team he taunted, he didn't say booty about the Broncos. 

The difference is, Sherman isn't calling out the Broncos who they have to play still. I believe some like to say "no bulletin board material", which to most of us seems silly, but as you can see by the mentality of some of these players... trash talk matters.

I was referring only to the much-publicized, post-game "can't wait" interview on the field after NE.  Then after he couldn't wait, he sucked a week later.  Likewise, Sherman has just done his "can't wait" speech (though it was about him and a player a lot more than an us against them like Scott's).  Just saying that if he gets beat for 2 TDs in the SB he's going to catch even more flack for his Crabtree-sucks interview than he's already gotten.  

I don't recall Scott trash-talking Pittsburgh.  Yeah, he said he "can't wait" for Pittsburgh but that isn't trash-talking them specifically because it's Pittsburgh (and something like he hates them or thinks they suck or are overrated or anything like that).  Just meant he can't wait for the championship game regardless of the opponent.  Would have been an even better memory if he played well.  I don't think Sherman said anything bad about or trash-talked Denver.  If he did then I just missed it.

They're similar situations in that they were trash-talking an opponent (or individual in Sherman's case) that they just beat.  If Sherman has a crappy game (excuse me; crappy first half) there will be even more similarity.

1) Bart Scott was talking about his team(mates)

2) He didn't disparage the Patriots but the public/media perception of them.

3) "Can't wait." was in response to Palantonio's "See you next week."

4) "...like we're not the third best defense in the league." is less boast than statistical fact.

There is no comparison at all.

4) "...like we're not the third best defense in the league." is less boast than statistical fact.

No nowhere near as flamboyant or cut throat as Sherman's rant as he didn't single out any specific player on the Pats

but he definitely slighted them. It definitely has a different flavor then Sherman's me vs. the world vs. Crabtree rant.  

See the tape......regarding the Pats Defense  "they cant stop a nose bleed, 25th in the league" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJshw2Axsqc

Last time I checked disparage meant:

-to describe (someone or something) as unimportant, weak, bad, etc.

-to lower in rank or reputation :  degrade

-to depreciate by indirect means (as invidious comparison) :  speak slightingly about

Who killed someone ? Harrison or Sherman. Maybe i am missing something.

Harrison has had legal issues in regards to some murders and other illegal activities around his businesses and friends.   Who knows if he was involved or not, but it seems Harrison had a lot of other issues nobody seemed to talk about.  I mean you think about a guy who everybody thinks is a HOF and the Colts essentially didn't want him anymore and not one other team in the NFL seemed to show interest.    Regardless of his shy nature or not, there was something seriously missing to all the stories about the guy.    I mean Manning stands up for everybody, him and Dungy helped Caldwell get the Lions job in a way,  but Harrisson, he pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth and nobody really said great things about him since.   And then all the murder issues that came up in Philly.

No nowhere near as flamboyant or cut throat as Sherman's rant as he didn't single out any specific player on the Pats

but he definitely slighted them. It definitely has a different flavor then Sherman's me vs. the world vs. Crabtree rant.  

See the tape......regarding the Pats Defense  "they cant stop a nose bleed, 25th in the league" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJshw2Axsqc

Last time I checked disparage meant:

-to describe (someone or something) as unimportant, weak, bad, etc.

-to lower in rank or reputation :  degrade

-to depreciate by indirect means (as invidious comparison) :  speak slightingly about

You're right. Totally forgot about him saying they couldn't stop a nosebleed. Still obviously different, but yeah, forgot about that. Good catch.

You're right. Totally forgot about him saying they couldn't stop a nosebleed. Still obviously different, but yeah, forgot about that. Good catch.

Gotta be one of the best post game interviews ever!  And so sweet to beat their asses in the playoffs (and in NE no less) after they scorched us in reg season.   

Kind of like an a$$hole QB laughing off the suggestion that his team will score only 17 points in the Super Bowl and then going out and only leading his team to 14 points. 

Archived