Jordan Matthews May Land With Jets

flgreen

Richardson himself ran in the 4.8s as a 300 pound DT at his pro day...I'm too lazy to check but he also had some of the longest arms and biggest hands in last years draft too. I remember arm length being one of the standout differences between him and Floyd. Its the reason he fit this D actually...

Anyone who saw Sheldon in college knew he was a freak. And yes, wingspan was a major factor similar to Mo Wilk.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is the all time leading WR in the SEC which is saying something. He may not be a blazer, but in the league now you don't have to be. Vertical routes do not require blazing speed, just quickness which he has and GREAT hands. This guy catches everything thrown his way and has great footwork for sideline passes. I say take him and don't look back. Get a TE in later rounds and build up the O-line, maybe add a speed back and the Jets will be looking good. Still need a CB to replace Cro, who probably won't be back and even if he is, he will need more breaks due to his age and injury issues. Except for bringing Rex back, I would say things are looking good for 2014.

With 12 picks and lots of cash, Idzik can really make a mark to rebuild this team THIS year. This answers ALL our needs.  

round 1 CB Dennard, - corner is imperative - WR can be addressed LATER - its a deep class. Kid is shut down, our pass D was deplorable.   

round 2 WR Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA  solid run blocker - Our OL is getting old and average at best

round 3 QB Garrapolo or Jeff Matthews - gotta get a qb for the future

round 3 WR Abredarrris - great value and solid skills

round 4  RB  De'Anthony Thomas - Oregan - scat back - blazin fast, PR, great hands, explosive  

round 4   Boseko Lokombo OLB - Oregan - quick as a snake- And with a name like that - instant cult status!

round 5  TE Colt Lyerla  Oregon  - athletic and is a mismatch TE for defenses.

round 5  L'Damian Washington - Mizzou - 6'4 195 4.53

round 6 Kenny Ladler  6'1, 205 pounds Safety  Vanderbilt

round 7 TE Ted Bolser  - 6'6 252 sleeper - athletic

round 7 Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn 

Free Agents

McGown - QB - can play a few years until rookie is ready

Byrd - safety - this is pure desperation - need a top notch safety to go along with young CB's

Maclin - wr  -was elite - hopefully can regain his mojo - worth the risk

Archived