Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

Rosenthal: Yankees Land Tanaka

@Ken_Rosenthal3m

BREAKING: Tanaka to #Yankees, seven years, $155M, opt-out after fourth year.

A-Rod fallout. We'll see if he's more Darvish or Igawa or somewhere in the middle like Dice-K. Good signing for the Yankees. They need pitching, still.

The Yankees got better this offseason.   :)

They needed to. They're going to obliterate the Luxury tax again though.

Steve Berthiaume@BertDbacks34m

#Yankees have spent half a BILLION dollars this winter & still have Kelly Johnson likely starting at 3B & Brian Roberts at 2B.

Chris Jones@MySecondEmpire7h

I think Tanaka's a huge gamble for the Yankees. He threw 772 pitches in a single tournament: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9452014/pitcher-tomohiro-anraku-future-japanese-baseball-espn-magazine

He's also throw over 1300 professional innings.

I hope the Yankees at least got the dude to take a physical. Seems like a huge risk.

Edited by CrazyCarl40

1. Sabathia

2. Tanaka

3. Kuroda

4. Nova

5. Pineda

The Killer a's??

That's a lot of question marks.

Yes, Unfortunately the Yankees are the only team with question marks in their starting rotation.

I didn't say anything to the contrary of that. I would just think with all of the money the Yankees spent this offseason, they'd have less questions marks in the rotation and the majority of their infield.

I didn't say you said anything to the contrary of that.

Then we're in agreement? The Yankees rotation is solid but has very big question marks heading into the season.

This statement makes no sense. 

Sure it does. It's solid. Not good, not bad but has potential to be both. Solid in the fact that it should be healthy going into the season, but no guarantee that it doesn't crumble based on a lot of what PF talked about above.

Solid but could crumble. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? 

Hey. Arguing semantics is fun! Let's do more soon. Anything to deflect from actual conversation. Cool.

Semantics? Solid means not likely to crumble. You want to say the rotation has question marks, say it. Don't try to sugar coat it by contradicting yourself. Every rotation has question marks. It's not like the major are full of teams trotting Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz out there.

I was trying to be nice. I won't be anymore. Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

I could see him winning 15 games. I think they'll proceed with caution and not push him. Plus the Yankee offense isn't as reliable as it once was. I'd put the over/under solidly at 15.

I'm liking the Yankees this year. The Cubs have to wait on Shintaro Fujinami.

I think they spent half a billion dollars to just be the 3rd best team in the division again. But that's just me.

Well that is just you.  But thanks for sharing.

No. It's not just me. There are a few writers and scouts so far after the dust has started to settle that say the Yankees are still the 3rd most talented team in the division, and I tend to agree. The Yankees will battle for a Wild Card, for sure, but the division will be won by the Sox or Rays.

Same writers that had you finishing last and the Blue Jays finishing first last year? Good call

Probably, but we've seen this story from the Yankees before. Spend exceedingly and fail in the same way.

Are you going to sit there and tell me the Yankees have a better team on paper right now than either of the teams they'll be chasing? Not in the least.

I don't know what you see with the Sox other than the pen being hands down better than the Yanks. Sox clicked last year with an average roster. It is hard to repeat that two seasons in a row.

The Red Sox rotation has far less question marks than the Yankees and they have studs waiting in the wings.

The Yankees lineup is probably on par with the Red Sox.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company