Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

Rosenthal: Yankees Land Tanaka

I know it was the Cubs, but Tanaka made that lineup look completely outclassed. Even though that ump was giving him that low strike all game,Tanaka just looked absolutely filthy. I think I heard he's 3rd in Ks in the AL behind Verlander and ___?  And sweet lord Michael Kay is an awful play-by-play man.

Edit: Tanaka looked very good in his first two starts, but this was clearly his best game. I wonder if the extra day off made him feel more comfortable and attributed to that showing...or if it was just because it was the Cubs.

Edited by BroadwayJoe12

Forgot the double header started before 8, but man it's refreshing watching Tanaka and Pineda pitch back-to-back. 

• Upvote 1

Still annoyed the Cubs couldn't sign Ellsbury and Tanaka.

Don't you have a Cubs thread to discuss this?  :)

Tanaka in one short month has made up for Jose Contreras, Kei Igawa and Hideki Irabu.

On disabled list - ouch

On disabled list - ouch

If it's Tommy John surgery the Yanks are in deep, deep trouble.

They say no TJ surgery - yet. Either way, this sucks.

They say no TJ surgery - yet. Either way, this sucks.

No TJ, but he has a small tear in his elbow and will receive an injection before starting rehab. Should miss 6-8 weeks. Like you said this sucks. Yankees desperately need rotation help.

Is the injection a permanent fix?  Or will this be alingering issue for the remaining 6+ years of his contract?

Why not get it fixed and know you would have him back in 2016.  With CC out and now Tanaka, why possibly lose Tanaka beyond 2015?

No TJ, but he has a small tear in his elbow and will receive an injection before starting rehab. Should miss 6-8 weeks. Like you said this sucks. Yankees desperately need rotation help.

They need hitting help more. Not that they are a playoff team either way this season.

I just hope he doesn't need tommy john because if he does the yankees are doomed next year too