"[Sanchez] would be the starter for us as soon as he walked in the door"

T0mShane

I mean you can throw out all the numbers you want.  Bottom line is they're not cutting him.  They're building around him.  The Rams seem to feel Bradford didn't have enough talent around him.  This year he did, and he had a 60+ comp %, 14 TD's and 4 INT's before he went down.  Next year he'll have even more talent coming in.

Yes, he's overpaid.  Which is why they'll likely be RESTRUCTURING his contract to save money.  But they're not using all these draft picks on guys like Tavon Austin and whichever WR they take this year so they can build around a '14 or '15 rookie.  Not happening.

Here's an interesting read on the kid...not sure why you love him so much.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1676/why-the-rams-should-get-rid-of-sam-bradford

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and by halftime of his first game with his new team, they'd be ready to hand him the clipboard. I'm not sure I buy any of this crap, for a coach to say that one of the all-time worst starting QB's in the NFL would instantly be their starter is just mind numbing.

And if this is the case, then you must have Steveie Wonder starting right now and being backed up by Tito Jackson.

Come on, Sanchez? really? I personally cant wait to see that bum on any NFL team not known as the NY JETS.

Here's an interesting read on the kid...not sure why you love him so much.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1676/why-the-rams-should-get-rid-of-sam-bradford

I'm not disagreeing with you, he's probably not a great QB, but if we're going to be fair, he has had mediocre receivers, crappy coordinators and at times, pretty bad offensive lines that have turned horrific due to injuries.

Would not be surprised at all if hes the bust QB who turns it around in his late 20s for some other team.

I wouldnt be surprised. I would be SHOCKED, FLOORED, FLABBERGASTED. That dude is just awful, and besides maybe CARSON PALMER, all the rest of the USC busts generally try one or two more teams and then start selling hotdogs from a cart.

Oakland?

Cleveland?  Probably not...dont think Lombardi would make such a claim.

Jax?  He's not better than Henne and they're all about an open competition, so doubt Caldwell would say that.

Houston?  maybe

Min?  Not better than Cassell

St. Louis?  Maybe with the Schotty connnection

He may not better than Henne but he's really not worse than Henne, same can be said of Cassell. Lombardi never liked him so Cleveland is probably out but you're kidding yourself if you think Sanchez doesn't get at least three phone calls the second he gets cut. 

Just based on what else will be out there... he's no worse the second best option. And to be clear, that doesn't mean I think all that highly of Sanchez. That means I think that little of Michael Vick, Chad Henne, John Freeman, Shaun Hill and Josh McCown. 

I wouldnt be surprised. I would be SHOCKED, FLOORED, FLABBERGASTED. That dude is just awful, and besides maybe CARSON PALMER, all the rest of the USC busts generally try one or two more teams and then start selling hotdogs from a cart.

If he could do ANYTHING that a QB does well I'd be on board with him making a "comeback" with another team.  But I have yet to see someone make an argument that he does anything a QB is supposed to be able to do.  All people respond with are excuses or "WIN PLAYOFF GAMES DERP".

If he could do ANYTHING that a QB does well I'd be on board with him making a "comeback" with another team.  But I have yet to see someone make an argument that he does anything a QB is supposed to be able to do.  All people respond with are excuses or "WIN PLAYOFF GAMES DERP".

Make a film of SANCHEZ and show it to any perspective QB candidate, and tell them to NOT do anything you see in this film if you want to be successful. AND the first person they should show it to is Geno.

Jeff Fisher HATED Vince Young.  HATED him.  He likes Sam.  As a person and a player.

I understand that and as I said 99%, BUT with the second pick, and the chance, as TOm pointed out to rid your books of 10mill, it would not completely shock me if they did it, especailly if they are not totally convinced of Bradford.

And in my opinion, I absolutely go after him, if I'm the Jets, if they do part ways with him. He reminds me of Pennington with a stronger arm.

He may not better than Henne but he's really not worse than Henne, same can be said of Cassell. Lombardi never liked him so Cleveland is probably out but you're kidding yourself if you think Sanchez doesn't get at least three phone calls the second he gets cut. 

Just based on what else will be out there... he's no worse the second best option. And to be clear, that doesn't mean I think all that highly of Sanchez. That means I think that little of Michael Vick, Chad Henne, John Freeman, Shaun Hill and Josh McCown. 

He's worse than Henne and Cassell.  Sanchez will get picked up...never denied that...he's terrible though.

Cut Bradford, save $10+ on the cap, draft Teddy Bridgewater at 2.

This.  Wouldnt be surprised at all.

Welcome to the NFL, where most (if not all) coaches and GMs are so impressed with themselves that they think they can turn around any player, no matter how awful.  Combine that with how horrible QB play is for a large number of teams these days and I have absolutely no doubt that Sanchez can find himself competing for a starting job next preseason.  None of that changes that he's absolute garbage and will continue to be, no matter how much anyone thinks they can magically change him.

Forget for a moment all of the other arguments we've gone in circles on, the truth is I cannot honestly think of another starting QB who has had worse ball placement than Sanchez.  The guy cannot even properly hit his WRs in stride on slant routes, and that crap isn't going to change 6 years into his NFL career.  That reality will continue to keep his completion percentage down, his turnover rate up, and limit the ability of his receivers to make plays after the catch.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Pops head up over snow fort..."Hey you guys!"

Jetnation turns with a sneer..."what do you want?"

Sirlance..."Mark Sanchez is still the best Quarterback on our current roster!"

Jetnation..."Die you hippie scum!"

Snowballs.  Iceballs.  And at least three rocks.

Sirlance..."you guys are dix."

Archived