Richardson NFL DROY

JoeC36

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Guy,

Our rookie just won a very prestigious award. Many of us are happy for him. It shows there is (maybe) light at the end of the tunnel, which is better than what we've been dealing with for the last couple years.  Perhaps we can save the boo-hooing for one of the many other threads which openly discuss our dissatisfaction with the team (it's management, coaching, players, etc.) and leave this one shimmering bright spot on the season alone for those who choose to celebrate his award.  

Sincerely,

Everybody. 

I am Villain The Foe, and I support this message! 

Now that the season is over we can officially say that John Idzik traded Darrelle Revis and in return drafted the DROTY. 

Even the best GM's dont often hit if they happen to trade away their franchise player for a couple draft picks and pick up the best rookie player. I wonder who Idzik will draft with that 3rd rounder. If he hits on that one we'd be more grateful. 

Now that the season is over we can officially say that John Idzik traded Darrelle Revis and in return drafted the DROTY.

Even the best GM's dont often hit if they happen to trade away their franchise player for a couple draft picks and pick up the best rookie player. I wonder who Idzik will draft with that 3rd rounder. If he hits on that one we'd be more grateful.

You're high. Idzik drafted a lump of clay that Rex Ryan molded into the Defensive Rookie of the Year, and a bunch of guys who would be terrible if Vince Lombardi coached them. If we miss the playoffs next year, Idzik should be fired and Rex should be given a 10-year extension for enduring the indignity of working for him.

You're high. Idzik drafted a lump of clay that Rex Ryan molded into the Defensive Rookie of the Year, and a bunch of guys who would be terrible if Vince Lombardi coached them. If we miss the playoffs next year, Idzik should be fired and Rex should be given a 10-year extension for enduring the indignity of working for him.

#Wrecks AMIRITE?!?!?!? 

Troll FYI I've been a jet season ticket holder snice 1982 ! I've moved to NC and still have tickets ! I've have spent alot of ge rooting and hoping for a consistent winner . So if I'm not all happy about every move or award unless its the Lombardi trophy it has little interst to me .

See EY. He's just miserable ****.

Troll FYI I've been a jet season ticket holder snice 1982 ! I've moved to NC and still have tickets ! I've have spent alot of ge rooting and hoping for a consistent winner . So if I'm not all happy about every move or award unless its the Lombardi trophy it has little interst to me .

When you fail to adhere to the company line, and do not look at every move this franchise makes through a prism of DARK GREEN rose colored glasses, and question whether the owner, GM, coach, and players are putting a satisfactory product on the field, you will then be labeled a TROLL, when in reality you are simply a realist who expects better from an incredibly underachieving franchise.

Your absolutely right, when we are CELEBRATING the Lombardi trophy, then we have something really worth celebrating but DROTY, yeah, that's nice, but we were still 8-8 and had tee times in January. HMMM........

When you fail to adhere to the company line, and do not look at every move this franchise makes through a prism of DARK GREEN rose colored glasses, and question whether the owner, GM, coach, and players are putting a satisfactory product on the field, you will then be labeled a TROLL, when in reality you are simply a realist who expects better from an incredibly underachieving franchise.

Your absolutely right, when we are CELEBRATING the Lombardi trophy, then we have something really worth celebrating but DROTY, yeah, that's nice, but we were still 8-8 and had tee times in January. HMMM........

See, this is exactly the issue. This thread has nothing to do with EVERY move the franchise makes. It has to do with one move that has turned out rather nicely. If you want to be miserable and negative, this thread isn't the place. It's an absolutely inafcukingpropriate place for a complaint, actually. This thread is about Sheldon Richardson, not the ******* Messiah. He's one player.

Painting your fellow fans as homerist yahoos because they choose to be happy about one of the brights spots for the team they follow will endear you to no one. And if you think that doesn't matter you're mistaken.

I'm brewing a hefe-weizen as we speak.

Actually, the narrative on the day of the draft was that Rex was still in charge of everything and he drafted Richardson, not Idzik.

Then he molded him into the DROY.

I'm brewing a hefe-weizen as we speak.

Really? More of a summer beer, no? This time of year, a nice brown ale with a cascade nose would be more to my liking.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 25s

Filed to ESPN: Sheldon Richardson wins AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. First Jet since Jon Vilma '04. #Jets

Still cracks me up that Mangini traded him "because he didn't fit" and the fans embraced this as a good, smart move.

I guess some people thought the numbers in 3-4 defense actually referred to how many years it takes to install it. 

I am NOT high sir. I have yet to buy my plane tickets to Denver. Get it? High, mile high, marijuana, Denver...aww forget it!

Anyway, I think Idzik did a good job with what he had. Now he has a full year with scouts he hired. Lets see the end result come May

See, this is exactly the issue. This thread has nothing to do with EVERY move the franchise makes. It has to do with one move that has turned out rather nicely. If you want to be miserable and negative, this thread isn't the place. It's an absolutely inafcukingpropriate place for a complaint, actually. This thread is about Sheldon Richardson, not the ******* Messiah. He's one player.

Painting your fellow fans as homerist yahoos because they choose to be happy about one of the brights spots for the team they follow will endear you to no one. And if you think that doesn't matter you're mistaken.

It was not about me and endearing myself to anyone. This was about NCJETSFAN, and him being labeled a TROLL, simply because he wasn't exactly in the mood to celebrate an individual award (which is great), when the team he roots for, has had basically nothing to root for for the past 3 years or longer.

Again, it just seems that since a person doesn't feel it necessary to celebrate an individual award, because the team has floundered doesn't seem like an appropriate reason to label someone a troll, when in reality, all's they want is what the rest of us want and that for the JETS as a team to succeed, and not just 1 individual player.

It was not about me and endearing myself to anyone. This was about NCJETSFAN, and him being labeled a TROLL, simply because he wasn't exactly in the mood to celebrate an individual award (which is great), when the team he roots for, has had basically nothing to root for for the past 3 years or longer.

Again, it just seems that since a person doesn't feel it necessary to celebrate an individual award, because the team has floundered doesn't seem like an appropriate reason to label someone a troll, when in reality, all's they want is what the rest of us want and that for the JETS as a team to succeed, and not just 1 individual player.

If he chose to "not celebrate" all he had to do was ignore the thread. He wasn't "not doing" something he was most definitely doing something.

If he chose to "not celebrate" all he had to do was ignore the thread. He wasn't "not doing" something he was most definitely doing something.

That may be true, but that's not the issue I am addressing. I am simply addressing the issue, of celebrating an individual award or accomplishment (which again is great) vs. team accomplishments. He wants to celebrate TEAM accomplishments, something most JET fans rarely get to do, and that's frustrating to all of us including NCJETSFAN, so calling him a troll for expressing those feelings seems a bit unfair. Just my opinion.

That may be true, but that's not the issue I am addressing. I am simply addressing the issue, of celebrating an individual award or accomplishment (which again is great) vs. team accomplishments.

You can do both, JW.

What was the option, no thread about Richardson's award? That's not realistic. So the only choice we're really left with is a thread, which in some people's mind is a "celebration". Is that really fair?

You can do both, JW.

What was the option, no thread about Richardson's award? That's not realistic. So the only choice we're really left with is a thread, which in some people's mind is a "celebration". Is that really fair?

Oh no, that obviously wasn't an option. In retrospect, your probably right, that another thread to express dissatisfaction with team accomplishments, as opposed to individual accomplishments was probably the correct way to proceed. Oh well, no harm, no foul.

Actually, the narrative on the day of the draft was that Rex was still in charge of everything and he drafted Richardson, not Idzik.

Then he molded him into the DROY.

Really? More of a summer beer, no? This time of year, a nice brown ale with a cascade nose would be more to my liking.

Yeah a hefe is a lighter summer drink.  But I'm brewing this for my daughter's baptism in March.  A lighter beer like this will appeal to more people.

As for the brown ale with cascade hops, I have one of those on tap right now.  Good call!

For dbates:

1513286_10202116407783506_1563460650_n-6

Yeah a hefe is a lighter summer drink.  But I'm brewing this for my daughter's baptism in March.  A lighter beer like this will appeal to more people.

As for the brown ale with cascade hops, I have one of those on tap right now.  Good call!

For dbates:

As I said before, your SB party will definitely have the best beer. CHEERS.

Not celebrating an individual award and telling others who are happy that it "means nothing" are not mutually exclusive.

For dbates:

Nice table cloth.

Probably the best version of the style outside of Munich. Nice.

When I was in Rotterdam last year I had an outstanding Weizener from Dutch brewery Hertog Jan. It was friggin' spectacular. Sadly, none of their beers have come the the US yet. 

I am heading to Total Wine in a little while to see if they got any Bell's Hopslam in yet. Last time I was there they said they were expecting 100 cases either this week or next but that's all they were getting and won't reserve any. 

Not celebrating an individual award and telling others who are happy that it "means nothing" are not mutually exclusive.

I agree, not mutually exclusive, but also just his opinion. I get the feeling, like many Jet fans, that they really aren't ready to celebrate anything until this team as a whole can give us all a reason to celebrate.

Was it necessary to bring it up in this thread? maybe, maybe not, but was he "trolling"? I highly doubt that. Just another frustrated JET fan like many of us.

Archived