My New Guitar

SoFlaJets

Ain't she sweet? It's a Gibson Super Dove and what I like about it is it's a thin line instrument. It's only 3 inches deep whereas my other Gibson The sj200 is a full body guitar with no cutaway and almost 5 inches deep. Can't WAIT

How's the sound, Jimmy? I like the big dreadnought sound. Does it sound good unplugged? Or is it better as an electric/acoustic? I've been thinking about getting myself a Gibson, a songwriter or a dove. I liked my Breedlove when I first got it, but I want something more, but without any electronics, I think.

I'll let you know when she gets here tomorrow Slats,  Once you go Gibson, there IS no turning back. I love the Dove's too- even more-so that The Hummingbirds. The sj200 has been unbelievably fantastically superbly wonderful but I want this thinner body, built to be an electric/acoustic. It won't sound as good as the bigger bodied guitars but will work better live I think.. If you can find a good deal on an sj200 Slats GET ONE, trust me. Sweetwater has a credit card that you can pay off same as cash. Sweetwater is a music store in Indiana-check them out they are the best

Really nice looking.  I was an adult before I learned how much variation there is between acoustic guitars.  

My brother worked for years at Elderly Instruments here in Lansing and loved the job.  He took orders for collectible guitars from people all over the world.  He talked several times to Randy Bachman, other celebrities, and a couple wealthy Japanese collectors.

Hope you enjoy playing it.

Hard to tell how it sounds from a youtube video on an iPad, lol. How's it feel? What do you think of the sound compared to a full sized guitar?

surprisingly there isn't much difference in the sound from the wider sj200 to the Super Dove. I just dropped my sj200 off at the guitar doctor's office for a little overnight stay or two.  The tech was pretty amazed at the beating she has been taking.

The thing is, I'm not one of those guys who buys guitars to hang on the wall and never use them-I work the hell out of them and the frets and bridge and body are showing the wear and tear. I like to beat them up-not abuse them unnecessarily mind you, but play them, work them HARD.

Archived