Jets, Bucs to have interest in Vick as per Schefter

Gastineau Lives

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?rw=1

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Sunday Countdown that the Jets and Bucs are both "expected to have some level of interest" in free agent Michael Vick.

Vick's old offensive coordinator in Philly, Marty Mornhinweg, is entering his second year as the Jets' OC. The Bucs recently hired Lovie Smith as head coach and could pursue competition for holdover sophomore Mike Glennon. Both clubs have salary cap room to spend and young quarterbacks on their current rosters who've yet to establish themselves in the league. Vick turns 34 in June.

I wouldn't mind this as long as we draft a QB in Round 3 or 4.

"Some level of interest" is a little vague, thought, isn't it?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever it takes to win a Super Bowl its been 45 years and counting............................... Mike Vick served his time for what he did.

The NFL is a business and the sooner you haters realize this the better of you all will be.

So a 34 year old QB who is never healthy is going to lead the Jets to the promised land? Plus tons of negative press? Sounds awesome.

So a 34 year old QB who is never healthy is going to lead the Jets to the promised land? Plus tons of negative press? Sounds awesome.

Did I say he would lead the Jets?  He could tutor Geno Smith and be used as the wildcat QB.   Negative press and the Jets goes together where you been?

Whatever it takes to win a Super Bowl its been 45 years and counting............................... Mike Vick served his time for what he did.  

The NFL is a business and the sooner you haters realize this the better of you all will be. 

BINGO. The key being WHATEVER it takes. Whats scary to me is I at least got to witness January 12th 1969, but if you are 45 years old, or younger, you have never witnessed a JET superbowl. Wow, if I didnt have that to fall back on, I would be starting to believe in an NFL conspiracy to never let the Jets play in the big game.

BINGO. The key being WHATEVER it takes. Whats scary to me is I at least got to witness January 12th 1969, but if you are 45 years old, or younger, you have never witnessed a JET superbowl. Wow, if I didnt have that to fall back on, I would be starting to believe in an NFL conspiracy to never let the Jets play in the big game.

I too witnessed it brother Joe Willie WHATEVER it takes is my motto the Jets need to get back to the ultimate game.

Woody would not sign off on Vick.  He would not risk the fallout from the public who would threaten to boycott the Jets but more important J&J products if they signed that POS.  

This actually may be a legitimate concern to those of us that are advocating for Vick. however, we need only look at past Jet signings and see a few that could be lumped into the "bad for business" category to keep our hopes alive:

1. Plaxico Burriss, from prison cell to the Jets

2. Mike Goodson, still has not been cut, and probably wont be

This is Schefter trying to break news by trying to play connect the dots.

Vick is a free agent.

Morningwheg was Vick's OC in Philly. 

Therefore in Schefter's little pea brain, the Jets will be interested in Vick.

Schefter's shooting in the dark. If either the Jets or Bucs sign him he can then claim to have been ahead of the curve. 

This is Schefter trying to break news by trying to play connect the dots.

Vick is a free agent.

Morningwheg was Vick's OC in Philly. 

Therefore in Schefter's little pea brain, the Jets will be interested in Vick.

Schefter's shooting in the dark. If either the Jets or Bucs sign him he can then claim to have been ahead of the curve. 

Seem like legitimate dots to connect, don't you think? Don't you think that in the meetings that Marty is in and they start discussing QBS to persue, that Marty isn't going to immediately bring up Mike Vick? Almost certainly.

Archived