Jets, Bucs to have interest in Vick as per Schefter

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man did his time. Served his punishment. He's even with the law, just like 'most' of us....and people wanna bring in Aaron Hernandez??

The things Micheal Vick did go a little deeper than that for me. Most players do damage to themselves Drinking, acting like Idiots, doing drugs, acting like Idiots hanging out with their criminal friends from childhood. What Micheal Vick did was cruel and Insane IMHO and I want no part of the guy on this team. I really don't give a damn he did jail time because all I got from him was that he was sorry he did jail time and not sorry for anything else.

You mean three guys that started their rookie year in the league dispite this being billed as the worst QB class ever?  Maybe the so called experts were wrong.  This upcoming QB class seems pretty similar to last year if you ask me.

Lets look at this closer. Smith and the JETS: Our brilliant coach puts the all-time worst starter behind a line made up of guys in wheel chairs , and no arms or legs, and gets the guy "Bledsoed", so in goes the new WORST rated QB in the NFL to start.

The Bucs and Glennon, have a guy starting at the beginning that the now fired coach absolutely inherited and hated, and jettisoned that guy out as soon as a team offered anything even close to a Twinkie or Yodel.

In Buffalo, they didn't "renew" the contract of the previous starter, the renowned dude from that QB factory league, the IVYS, Ryan Fitzpatrick, so they were forced to go with the "TOP QB" in this all world class.

If that's not an indictment on this class, then I don't know what is.

It's not MM and Rex, it's the fact that they brought David Lee in as QB coach.  He is the father of the Wildcat at Arkansas and Miami. 

Idzik (and even Rex) want REAL competition not Garrard?  Idzik is the guy that brought in Garrard.

He thought he was coming with a wheelchair. He got ripped off.

Burress shot himself in the butt.

Goodson puked on himself.  But he did so in an ex-con buddy's car with a loaded gun (also belonging to the ex-con buddy).

Not even in the same reality of crime as torturing a bunch of dumb animals for one's own entertainment (not to mention to fuel an illegal, interstate gambling outfit).  That he got such joy from torturing them just makes it worse.

I never intended for it to sound like I thought Mike Vick was a choir boy, but when someone brought up the "not good for business" excuse that may prevent the Jets from signing him, it made me wonder about all the other "choir boys" the Jets have looked the other way on.

What Vick did is reprehensible.No one will ever dispute that, but when the JETS have a policy that NO ONE is to have a criminal record, then I will stop advocating for him and others that have paid their dues. he paid his dues, has been a model citizen since and he is worth signing. Just my opinion.

I never intended for it to sound like I thought Mike Vick was a choir boy, but when someone brought up the "not good for business" excuse that may prevent the Jets from signing him, it made me wonder about all the other "choir boys" the Jets have looked the other way on.

What Vick did is reprehensible.No one will ever dispute that, but when the JETS have a policy that NO ONE is to have a criminal record, then I will stop advocating for him and others that have paid their dues. he paid his dues, has been a model citizen since and he is worth signing. Just my opinion.

I don't see how a guy who might only play in 8 games, isn't that good as it is, and will bring a ton of PR circus nightmares to the team.   Whether you like it or not, there are tons of people who hate vick.  People still talk about Vick as if he has done anything in years.   People protest. Some people will never think he did his time.  That's just the way it is.

If you think Tebow was a circus, Vick is going to be 100X worse.    And for what?  A guy who has always been overrated and might play in 8 games.   Which means Geno winds up the starter for more than half the season.      It wasn't like Philly and Vick was a match made in heaven.  He was a turnover machine on a team who pretty much got everybody fired.  And they had a talented offense.   This season started out great, went downhill, he got hurt, and Foles became great.  At that point nobody gave a crap about Vick because Foles was so good and the eagles were winning.      

Having a QB controversy on a bad team isn't a good thing.  Ask Marty about the Eagles and the QB controversy during a 4-12 year.  Who wants that?

I don't see how a guy who might only play in 8 games, isn't that good as it is, and will bring a ton of PR circus nightmares to the team.   Whether you like it or not, there are tons of people who hate vick.  People still talk about Vick as if he has done anything in years.   People protest. Some people will never think he did his time.  That's just the way it is.

If you think Tebow was a circus, Vick is going to be 100X worse.    And for what?  A guy who has always been overrated and might play in 8 games.   Which means Geno winds up the starter for more than half the season.      It wasn't like Philly and Vick was a match made in heaven.  He was a turnover machine on a team who pretty much got everybody fired.  And they had a talented offense.   This season started out great, went downhill, he got hurt, and Foles became great.  At that point nobody gave a crap about Vick because Foles was so good and the eagles were winning.      

Having a QB controversy on a bad team isn't a good thing.  Ask Marty about the Eagles and the QB controversy during a 4-12 year.  Who wants that?

I just cant see Vick being 100X worse than the Tebow circus. Tebow was still "fresh" and on everyone's mind. Mike Vick has been out of the limelight for a long tome, a backup last year after being injured, and really not relevant. Tebow was still on the front or back page of the news and Post, and still being hyped. That is long gone with Mike Vick.

Again, no one is or will ever be condoning what Mike Vick did, but the dude now plays in the NFL, has not had a stitch of trouble in many years, and would fit Marty's system like a glove. Yes, Mike Vick tends to get injured, and that really is the ONLY concern I have, the circus stuff is hogwash, but if GENO fails or does get injured and we had a backup (or starter) like Vick to take over, instead of some guy in a walker, then maybe, for once, a JETS season would not be torpedoed by the one thing that kills us every year: BAD QB PLAY.

Since Vick was released from prison, he has yet to complete a 16 game season. He had one great year in 2010 when he finished with a 21/6 TD/int ratio, and a passer rating over 100. That was the only season in his entire career where he completed over 60% of his passes.

The next few years, he's been much more pedestrian going 18/14, 12/10, and 5/3 in the TD/int ratio department, adding 10, 11, and 4 fumbles, respectively, over those three seasons.

As a "talent," he's really not worth looking at. Throw in the whole torturing and killing dogs thing, and he's definitely not worth looking at.

Lets look at this closer. Smith and the JETS: Our brilliant coach puts the all-time worst starter behind a line made up of guys in wheel chairs , and no arms or legs, and gets the guy "Bledsoed", so in goes the new WORST rated QB in the NFL to start.

The Bucs and Glennon, have a guy starting at the beginning that the now fired coach absolutely inherited and hated, and jettisoned that guy out as soon as a team offered anything even close to a Twinkie or Yodel.

In Buffalo, they didn't "renew" the contract of the previous starter, the renowned dude from that QB factory league, the IVYS, Ryan Fitzpatrick, so they were forced to go with the "TOP QB" in this all world class.

If that's not an indictment on this class, then I don't know what is.

Last time I checked, wins and losses count in this league.  Geno won 8 games.  The Bucs actually played a lot better under Glennon and Manual won games with the Bills.  It is not the norm for QB's taken as low in the draft as a couple of these guys to start so early and then to actually win games indicates they have a future in the league.  Bortles won't win 8 games next year and every one is having a man crush on this stiff who couldn't hold Geno's jock in college.

I just cant see Vick being 100X worse than the Tebow circus. Tebow was still "fresh" and on everyone's mind. Mike Vick has been out of the limelight for a long tome, a backup last year after being injured, and really not relevant. Tebow was still on the front or back page of the news and Post, and still being hyped. That is long gone with Mike Vick.

Again, no one is or will ever be condoning what Mike Vick did, but the dude now plays in the NFL, has not had a stitch of trouble in many years, and would fit Marty's system like a glove. Yes, Mike Vick tends to get injured, and that really is the ONLY concern I have, the circus stuff is hogwash, but if GENO fails or does get injured and we had a backup (or starter) like Vick to take over, instead of some guy in a walker, then maybe, for once, a JETS season would not be torpedoed by the one thing that kills us every year: BAD QB PLAY.

You clearly have no understanding of the New York media or the way this franchise is covered nationally, do you?

If the Jets were to sign Michael Vick, segment producers at ESPN would explode in their jeans. 

i think the circus stuff is overplayed with vick, but at the same time can't see idzik having any tolerance for self-inflicted drama. i would like to see vick brought in because i think he could help our team, but there are a couple other guys that would also provide real vet competition. orton is a guy to keep our eyes on if released imho.

i think the circus stuff is overplayed with vick, but at the same time can't see idzik having any tolerance for self-inflicted drama. i would like to see vick brought in because i think he could help our team, but there are a couple other guys that would also provide real vet competition. orton is a guy to keep our eyes on if released imho.

What makes VICK so attractive compared to other guys (and I would certainly be fine with ORTON), is obviously his famialarity with Marty's system from his days in Philly.

I am not opposed to any of the other choices being mentioned like ORTON, or COUSINS, or Henne etc. but Vick's already worked with Marty and knows the system so in my mind , that trumps the other candidates.

Last time I checked, wins and losses count in this league.  Geno won 8 games.  The Bucs actually played a lot better under Glennon and Manual won games with the Bills.  It is not the norm for QB's taken as low in the draft as a couple of these guys to start so early and then to actually win games indicates they have a future in the league.  Bortles won't win 8 games next year and every one is having a man crush on this stiff who couldn't hold Geno's jock in college.

I agree, for as bad as these dude's are, all showed some ability. Just that none showed the ability and the leadership qualities etc. to ever trust them as your next Franchise QB, and obviously that is what all teams are looking for. I have no doubt that all 3 or 4 if you include Barkley, will all find some level of success in the NFL, but unfortunately, none will rise to the accepted level of Solid starter, and certainly none are FRANCHISE material.

What makes VICK so attractive compared to other guys (and I would certainly be fine with ORTON), is obviously his famialarity with Marty's system from his days in Philly.

I am not opposed to any of the other choices being mentioned like ORTON, or COUSINS, or Henne etc. but Vick's already worked with Marty and knows the system so in my mind , that trumps the other candidates.

i'd imagine marty's opinion will go a long way.

I agree, for as bad as these dude's are, all showed some ability. Just that none showed the ability and the leadership qualities etc. to ever trust them as your next Franchise QB, and obviously that is what all teams are looking for. I have no doubt that all 3 or 4 if you include Barkley, will all find some level of success in the NFL, but unfortunately, none will rise to the accepted level of Solid starter, and certainly none are FRANCHISE material.

not ready to close the book on geno but bring in some comp and see how the kid responds.

REAL comp, not guys in wheelchairs, with no arms and legs, like the past couple.

haha yeah. problem i see with vick (and i want him) is that there will be suitors who tell him he will start from day 1. jets won't do that.

i'd imagine marty's opinion will go a long way.

I hope so.

Marty's opinion could easily be that he wants no part of Vick. In the WCO, you want a QB who can complete 65% of his passes, something Vick has never done in his career. He's only crossed 60% once, and that was throwing to DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and LeSean McCoy. Not exactly the arsenal he'd have here.

Also not thrilled with a lefty QB on a team heavily invested in its left tackle.

Really have no interest. He's only had one really good -albeit, 12 game- season in his entire career. Otherwise, his numbers are no more impressive than the last four games of Geno's rookie year.

haha yeah. problem i see with vick (and i want him) is that there will be suitors who tell him he will start from day 1. jets won't do that.

Mike Vick's , no dummy. He will look at each situation and make the best choice based on many things. First and foremost (besides money), will be his chances to start, so he will look at a situation where the QB position is relatively unstable, but also, a situation that runs an offense he is comfortable in. The JETS had the LOWEST rated QB in the NFL, and he is familiar with Marty's system, and the JETS have gobs of Cap space, meaning of course, gobs of money. Can a situation be better fitted for Mike Vick than this one?

Marty's opinion could easily be that he wants no part of Vick. In the WCO, you want a QB who can complete 65% of his passes, something Vick has never done in his career. He's only crossed 60% once, and that was throwing to DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and LeSean McCoy. Not exactly the arsenal he'd have here.

Also not thrilled with a lefty QB on a team heavily invested in its left tackle.

Really have no interest. He's only had one really good -albeit, 12 game- season in his entire career. Otherwise, his numbers are no more impressive than the last four games of Geno's rookie year.

Winner. ^^^

Archived