Jets, Bucs to have interest in Vick as per Schefter

Gastineau Lives

Seem like legitimate dots to connect, don't you think? Don't you think that in the meetings that Marty is in and they start discussing QBS to persue, that Marty isn't going to immediately bring up Mike Vick? Almost certainly.

No. Because the last time Morningwheg was Vick's OC, the Eagles went 3-6 with Vick playing like hot garbage as starter and people were calling for Marty's head. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joewillie78, not the same type of crime.  Animal activists will be lined up outside Woody's office.  Even if Vick served his time.  Why would any business person take that chance?

Uh, he went to a town that BOO'ed Santa Claus, and are notorious for being some of the worst (or best) fans in the world, and had not 1 problem that I am aware of. Don't they have dogs and cats in Philly?

How about none of the above. I would much rather give Geno another year to see if he can build off his strong finish to the season rather than hand the reins to any of the losers you listed. 

Oh no, "not hand the reins", Idzik and even REX have stated that they want REAL competition, NOT Garrard or Brunell, so they will bring in some one, and that is why I am asking who you prefer?

if vick

LOL what's wrong with you people?

If the Jets' 3 QBs in camp next year were Geno, Vick, and a 4/5 rounder with upside (Garoppolo or Brett Smith), this team would be MUCH better off at the QB position than it was this year.

if vick comes in there is no way he loses to geno in camp. as in zero.

GREAT, GREAT news. Izzy, make it happen.

And by the way, we have the Bucs (Glennon), Jets (Smith), and hell, we might as well throw the Bills (Manuel) in the mix, to complete the indictment on that great QB class of 2013.

You mean three guys that started their rookie year in the league dispite this being billed as the worst QB class ever?  Maybe the so called experts were wrong.  This upcoming QB class seems pretty similar to last year if you ask me.

Tell MM and Rex that.

It's not MM and Rex, it's the fact that they brought David Lee in as QB coach.  He is the father of the Wildcat at Arkansas and Miami. 

Oh no, "not hand the reins", Idzik and even REX have stated that they want REAL competition, NOT Garrard or Brunell, so they will bring in some one, and that is why I am asking who you prefer?

Idzik (and even Rex) want REAL competition not Garrard?  Idzik is the guy that brought in Garrard.

Vick has been back in the league for 5 years.  He has played in Philadelphia for five years, since the incident.

If we don't pursue him, I hope to Gawd it's for his diminished athleticism, and not for personal reasons he rectified in 2006-2008. 

This actually may be a legitimate concern to those of us that are advocating for Vick. however, we need only look at past Jet signings and see a few that could be lumped into the "bad for business" category to keep our hopes alive:

1. Plaxico Burriss, from prison cell to the Jets

2. Mike Goodson, still has not been cut, and probably wont be

Burress shot himself in the butt.

Goodson puked on himself.  But he did so in an ex-con buddy's car with a loaded gun (also belonging to the ex-con buddy).

Not even in the same reality of crime as torturing a bunch of dumb animals for one's own entertainment (not to mention to fuel an illegal, interstate gambling outfit).  That he got such joy from torturing them just makes it worse.

To me, Vick is a PR stunt move, nothing more.    Even when he was young he never stayed healthy.  And what did he really do in Philly besides play on a team who was considered one of the biggest Free agent bust teams ?      Great you sign a guy who will generate just as much PR crap as Tebow, except far worse PR from various organizations and fans who just hate the guy.    And you will pay him more then you pay your other 2 QBs combined.      And you'll do this so he can play in maybe 8 games all season long.     How is that really worth it?

Archived