Minnesota

I think this off-season has been an upgrade for Minnesota this season if you ask me. Yes they lost Randy Moss but that could be a blessing in disguise if you ask me. Nate Burelson and either Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams should be able to give a pretty good 1-2 punch at WR next season with Culpepper at QB. The line is in good shape and the RB position has Onterrio Smith who could be a good starter in this league. The defense which has always been a weak part to Minnesota got even better. Take a look at that secondary in Minnesota with Sharper, Winfield, Smoot, Chavous, Williams and Russell. Napolean Harris is in to fill a void at LB and the DLine to get another premier player can be helped out with the other of the 1st round draft picks. This off-season has been a great success for Minnesota in my eyes and they will win the NFC North next season.

Yeah, IMO the strides they could make on defense this year will more than make up for Moss' departure.

On offense they still have a HoF caliber QB, a solid O-line, a good stable of RBs, and two quality TEs.

On defense they added the premier FA DT, a big body who will demand double teams and make it HARD for teams to deal with Kevin Williams, arguably the premier FA CB, giving them one of the best CB pairs in the league, on paper, and a veteran S who at the very least provides leadership and experience in a secondary that needed it.

Oh, AND they added a quality young linebacker, AND they have two high to mid draft picks in the 1st, AND they have an intriguing young DE in Kenechi Udeze... if Udeze makes strides this year that D will be SO nasty....

Archived