Am I the only one that wants Eric Ebron as our first rounder?

BroadwayJets

Ebron is shorter but a bit more stout and probably stronger than Evans also.

I might be overanalyzing but wouldnt you say Evans put up some big numbers against much tougher competition Bama, LSU etc?

Yeah Evans' tape doesn't lie. He ran away from Bama on a 90 yard TD (clinton dix didn't catch him either) but he's deceptively fast.  

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Evans' tape doesn't lie. He ran away from Bama on a 90 yard TD (clinton dix didn't catch him either) but he's deceptively fast.  

From watching him, I have little doubts about his straight-line speed, it's his short-area agility and ability to get in and out of his breaks against the quicker dbacks that I'd be worried about.  However, he has a lot of jimmy graham to his game and his ability to high-point the ball and box smaller guys out is a skill that should transition well.

Doubt that. While it's possible that we do go defense, I'm sure 95% of us want offense.

You failed to see my obvious sarcasm ... I don't think I could have made it more obvious .... While DB was a weakness last season DL def was not .... We have drafted 2 DBs in the first round already so I obviously don't want another first rounder despite our weakness .... Offense looks like we went to the junk yard and got a bunch of scrap metal then put it all together and called it a functional car because that's basically what we did ....Draft offense!!! Unless you will be forced to reach in order to do so

I'd rather get a TE in Rd 2 or 3. WR or Pass Rusher would be my priority.

honestly, I want ebron the other tight ends don't impress me.

Theres alot of receivers I like as 1s or 2s but ebron is the only TE that doesn't scream role player to me. And 1 on 1 he can win against the best off his athleticism & his hands are his best attributes.

He a danger after the catch & can line up at wide receiver and produce.

If targeted & coached enough he can be rookie of the year. And a willing blocker who needs work on his technique but has potential to be a great blocker means within 2 or 3 years he can be a all around elite tight end unless qb play holds him back.

He could be a deep threat at the TE position. Who would pass that up?

On the big board he has to be top 5 talents overall

Sign Keller if you want an athletic TE that can't block.

From NFL.COM

After serving as a reserve as a true freshman in 2011, Ebron started in each of the past two seasons. While athletic, Ebron also is known as a willing blocker. That is one area in which he has greatly improved, he said.

"I definitely got better at UNC," Ebron said, noting that he was just a big-bodied pass catcher in high school in Greensboro, N.C. "I had to become a better blocker if I was going to be a complete tight end."

I haven't watched him play, but for me, sometimes, when someone sees that a player is incredibly athletic or great in one area, they automatically assume that they are bad at another aspect. I don't know if that's what's going on with him, but it's certainly something to be on guard against.

Also, if Dustin Keller is his floor, I'd take that in a heartbeat. Jets had one of the top running games in football with Keller on the team.

Kyle Brady was a long time ago. The Jets really don't draft tight ends under Bradway. Other than Keller we've only had Chris Baker, Joel Dreessen, and Jason Pociask in thirteen years. By contrast there have been three each of DT/DE/CB in the first round alone over that time.

You missed Becht. Stud.

Xavier Grimble, TE, USC is a athletic freak who should be there in the 3rd-4th round. Was underutilize with Kiffen there and was an after thought with Smith and Lee as targets. Was the number one TE in the nation as a high school prospects who I would love to have.

Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame is another who I would love to have in the early third. I feel the second round is too early for my taste. Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia is another athletic guy who should be there in the 4th round. For the most part I not picking out highly productive guys as Most teams don't operate like UNC or Texas Tech, but athletically the have the same or better capabilities.

From NFL.COM

After serving as a reserve as a true freshman in 2011, Ebron started in each of the past two seasons. While athletic, Ebron also is known as a willing blocker. That is one area in which he has greatly improved, he said.

"I definitely got better at UNC," Ebron said, noting that he was just a big-bodied pass catcher in high school in Greensboro, N.C. "I had to become a better blocker if I was going to be a complete tight end."

I haven't watched him play, but for me, sometimes, when someone sees that a player is incredibly athletic or great in one area, they automatically assume that they are bad at another aspect. I don't know if that's what's going on with him, but it's certainly something to be on guard against.

Also, if Dustin Keller is his floor, I'd take that in a heartbeat. Jets had one of the top running games in football with Keller on the team.

Double post day. sh*tty motel

From NFL.COM

Bro. Do you think he's going up say that he can't block? He's trying to get drafted.

Watch some clips. Worst blocker ever.

Xavier Grimble, TE, USC is a athletic freak who should be there in the 3rd-4th round. Was underutilize with Kiffen there and was an after thought with Smith and Lee as targets. Was the number one TE in the nation as a high school prospects who I would love to have.

Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame is another who I would love to have in the early third. I feel the second round is too early for my taste. Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia is another athletic guy who should be there in the 4th round. For the most part I not picking out highly productive guys as Most teams don't operate like UNC or Texas Tech, but athletically the have the same or better capabilities.

Athletically they are still not better. In no way are they better.

What your suggesting is like me saying instead of watkins let's take odell beckham or jarvis landry.

If we trade back or wait till the 2nd and target jace amaro I wouldn't be mad but if ebron is there at 18 which he shouldn't be and we miss out then I lose faith in our scouts

Athletically they are still not better. In no way are they better.

What your suggesting is like me saying instead of watkins let's take odell beckham or jarvis landry.

If we trade back or wait till the 2nd and target jace amaro I wouldn't be mad but if ebron is there at 18 which he shouldn't be and we miss out then I lose faith in our scouts

The receivers for the most part got the opportunities to be featured in their offenses. College TEs on the other ends don't get the same opportunity in general with a few like Ebron and Amaro being the exception. So as far as TE you have to deeply look into athletic potential. Thats how you miss out on a guy like Jimmy Graham who only got 17 catches coming out of Miami along with the other basketball type guys. Also overall taking a TE at 18 is not good value. That similar to the Titans and Cardinal taking a guard in the early rounds. But for us in particular, we need more of an receiving threat therefore I would prefer a wideout. That's why we should be aggressive in getting Lee. Also that Watkins example doesn't make much sense to me.

The receivers for the most part got the opportunities to be featured in their offenses. College TEs on the other ends don't get the same opportunity in general with a few like Ebron and Amaro being the exception. So as far as TE you have to deeply look into athletic potential. Thats how you miss out on a guy like Jimmy Graham who only got 17 catches coming out of Miami along with the other basketball type guys. Also overall taking a TE at 18 is not good value. That similar to the Titans and Cardinal taking a guard in the early rounds. But for us in particular, we need more of an receiving threat therefore I would prefer a wideout. That's why we should be aggressive in getting Lee. Also that Watkins example doesn't make much sense to me.

I respect your opinion but still I believe he's going to be gone between 10-15. And the watkins statement simply was an example of passing up the best prospect at the position for a good prospect later.

I respect your opinion but still I believe he's going to be gone between 10-15. And the watkins statement simply was an example of passing up the best prospect at the position for a good prospect later.

As far as Watkins example that not what I was trying to do. I simply would rather other studs in the 1st round that in my opinion would hold more value. One of those players being marquise Lee who I believe would have a bigger impact in this offense year one. I'm just trying to field out other guys who I think will be good value in the later rounds whom we would be counting on to produce for the 2014-15 season as the learning curve would lean Ebron or any of those guys into having unproductive rookie season just going by the recent trends of TEs prospects.

^2:30 

What you'll all be complaining about if we draft this kid at #18

^2:58

Best catch of the game.  netted the offense 8 yards.  we need more home-run potential with our first round pick.  3 TDs (ALL SEASON) doesn't cut it. 

^4:40

Second best catch of the game.  Goes for six. 

^2:30 

What you'll all be complaining about if we draft this kid at #18

^2:58

Best catch of the game.  netted the offense 8 yards.  we need more home-run potential with our first round pick.  3 TDs (ALL SEASON) doesn't cut it. 

^4:40

Second best catch of the game.  Goes for six. 

I wish I could remember, I think it was one of the joe willyz...said he had the best hand in the draft...LOLOLOLOLL

North Carolina TE Eric Ebron measured 6-foot-4 3/8 and 250 pounds at Thursday's NFL Combine weigh-in.

Ebron recently mentioned that he's put on weight since the college season. He was listed at 245 pounds by the Tar Heels. Ebron posted a 62-973-15.7-3 line as a junior before leaving for the pros. He'll be a first-round Dynasty pick.

Archived