The Curse of the Black Pearl - Mafia - game over

Leelou

Ape says I'm scum even when he knows I'm town (see: Space Jam Mafia).  It's basically a requirement of his play at this point and I rather enjoy pointing it out.  

If someone would kindly show one example of me (or anyone aside from maybe slats?) ignoring the Ape putting...how did you put it..."a little pressure" on them, it'd be greatly appreciated.

There seems to be this trend recently of people confusing pressure and vote counts.  And acting as if pressure from every player is the same, when in fact it is not.  All this is still aside from the point, because I enjoy going at it with the Ape with the inevitable:

AVM -- "LOL you say I'm scum every game and you're never right anymore"

Ape -- "You're just mad I owned your ass"

AVM -- "That was years ago, OMG APE YOU SUCK SO BAD"

Ape -- "Yep....AVM is showing his ass, lynch this fool so we can get on to the emo meltdown and win this game"

I viewed you on N0 last game. In a game with no doc, I needed to come across as a stupid townie - so I cased you in each of the night phases in order to avoid the NK. It's a pretty standard tactic for a cop to avoid a NK.

And not a good example of the point you are trying to make here.

At some point you will have to get over me pressuring you in games. It's bound to happen and this meta defense is irrelevant. In NO WAY have I guaranteed you are scum, I just listed you in my top 4. It's all I've got. I'm playing in bursts and haven't been able to re-read to the level of detail I like to.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A flat out lie -- the same thing you've chastised Ishy for.  This may be the first game I have ever NOT voted to lynch Nolder.

I just searched "final vote count" and saw you weren't on Nolderp's train. I thought you were the voter after CTM and before 80. It was Lily.

I made a mistake. I wasn't even posting when that all went down. 

You know me well enough that regardless of my alignment I don't need to tell sloppy lies to influence town to go this way or that. It was an honest mistake.

I viewed you on N0 last game. In a game with no doc, I needed to come across as a stupid townie - so I cased you in each of the night phases in order to avoid the NK. It's a pretty standard tactic for a cop to avoid a NK.

And not a good example of the point you are trying to make here.

At some point you will have to get over me pressuring you in games. It's bound to happen and this meta defense is irrelevant. In NO WAY have I guaranteed you are scum, I just listed you in my top 4. It's all I've got. I'm playing in bursts and haven't been able to re-read to the level of detail I like to.

LOL it's not a defense this game -- I'm just having fun at your expense.  It's my go to move.  And I know about last game, just busting your chops.  I'm good for about four things -- voting JVoY, aruging with 80, this back and forth with you each game and the occasional monumentally stupid moment.

I don't actually feel a great deal of pressure to be honest.  CTM's "instinct" stinks, and no one has really followed you on your case.  Unless you count Pac...but who does that?

Have you noticed I haven't voted you lol?  The Nolder point pings, but I'm awaiting your explanation for that at the moment.

I just searched "final vote count" and saw you weren't on Nolderp's train. I thought you were the voter after CTM and before 80. It was Lily.

You know me well enough that regardless of my alignment I don't need to tell sloppy lies to influence town to go this way or that. It was an honest mistake.

You didn't need to say this part (which again, pings), but you're still midway down my list at best.

LOL it's not a defense this game -- I'm just having fun at your expense.  It's my go to move.  And I know about last game, just busting your chops.  I'm good for about four things -- voting JVoY, aruging with 80, this back and forth with you each game and the occasional monumentally stupid moment.

I don't actually feel a great deal of pressure to be honest.  CTM's "instinct" stinks, and no one has really followed you on your case.  Unless you count Pac...but who does that?

Have you noticed I haven't voted you lol?  The Nolder point pings, but I'm awaiting your explanation for that at the moment.

Wait, what are you waiting for? Can you elaborate, lol

Ishy and CTM are my 1 and 2 given how this dialogue with you has gone, versus how the banter with CTM went. It seems to be a go-to move for some people to shrug me off with meta insults until I drown myself out. I picked up a touch of that from CTM. He's playing like "**** you ape, you can't get me lynched" and you are playing like "ape, you are wrong, take your head out of your ass".

You didn't need to say this part (which again, pings), but you're still midway down my list at best.

So, like - how else would you like me to respond to you accusing me of lying several times? Damned if I do, damned if I don't... it seems.

I just gotta say... Ellie is the best kid. I've been on single Dad duty most of today, and she's made me look like a pro. Don't get me wrong, it's non-stop attentiveness... but at least she's not screaming all day. Thank God. She's happy as can be.

Wait, what are you waiting for? Can you elaborate, lol

Ishy and CTM are my 1 and 2 given how this dialogue with you has gone, versus how the banter with CTM went. It seems to be a go-to move for some people to shrug me off with meta insults until I drown myself out. I picked up a touch of that from CTM. He's playing like "**** you ape, you can't get me lynched" and you are playing like "ape, you are wrong, take your head out of your ass".

You responded while I was posting, hadn't seen it yet.

So, like - how else would you like me to respond to you accusing me of lying several times? Damned if I do, damned if I don't... it seems.

LOL, I hear you.  The first was enough for me -- the second part makes the Ape paranoia start to get going.

So, I got a "beertender" as a wedding gift, and I finally decided to try it out - LOL - I bought some Spaten in the mini-keg, get it home and this ******* thing can only work with Heineken (which is disgusting) or New Castle (which is impossible to find in the keg cans).

Awesome.

Now I have this thing collecting dust, and a keg can taking up half our fridge.

You make a mistake, while I lie.

Hypocrite.

Upon rereading, I don't like how Ishy said "whatever, lynch me" after revealing vanilla. Especially considering we might be at lylo.

Doubt it's lylo today, there's still 9 of us left isn't there? More probable that it will be tomorrow. Either way, lynch me and find out.

You make a mistake, while I lie.

Hypocrite.

If that's what you want to run with, okay.

All I did was confused AVM with Lily on the final train. You literally said people did and said the opposite of what they did, multiple times.

If that's what you want to run with, okay.

All I did was confused AVM with Lily on the final train. You literally said people did and said the opposite of what they did, multiple times.

And each of them was a mistake. Believe it or don't.

And each of them was a mistake. Believe it or don't.

The past page or so you've gone with "meh, lynch me" and then changed to "scum wins if we lynch wrong" and the rest of your defenses to me have been wifom-ish with a bit of "trust me" sprinkled in.

In other words, you aren't making it easy to believe you.

I'd be fine moving my vote off of Ishy, and onto CTM. That's about as much re-thinking as I'm willing to do right now. 

I've made it a point to follow my first instinct more as I get back into playing, and it served me very well last game. 

ape is the most egomaniacal pee brain in the world.. it's absolutely stunning to witness

Oh, glad I logged back in for this gem... GFY

You care to comment on anything game related? Or were you just planning on playing the "attack ape's personality flaws, and he'll drown his gameplay out by arguing over nonsense" card?

You still unwilling to vote Ishy today? Just curious.

So a UNCW pitcher came within 2 batters of tossing a perfect game tonight.  It would have been the first perfect game in D-I college baseball history since 1968.  

And he wasn't exactly facing a junk team, either.  The opponent, Liberty, was in the NCAA Tournament last season.

I was at the game doing PA.  Agonizing.

So a UNCW pitcher came within 2 batters of tossing a perfect game tonight.  It would have been the first perfect game in D-I college baseball history since 1968.  

And he wasn't exactly facing a junk team, either.  The opponent, Liberty, was in the NCAA Tournament last season.

Cool.

I'm watching Son in Law starring Pauly Shore and Carla Gugino. She's got such a great ******* body that even surrounding it with this dogsh*t movie can't make me lose interest... 

ok...  Just looking at the players left and the games they've played. 

Unvote

Vote CTM

If he flips scum I'll feel a lot better about AVM who was and still is high on my list.  If they were both scum there really wouldn't have been a need for the elaborate case and 1st vote out of AVM.  Scum is dominating thus far.

I'm not discounting the fact that Ape may be scum -- especially on the heels of his post explosion with 1 vote -- but I'd like to settle other suspicions first. 

I can't really remember any kind of case making out of Crusher but I can get to him later.

Lily is all over the place and has said some things that lack logic but I expect that regardless of her alignment.

I don't see the case on Ishy...  seems like an easy place to plop a vote.

ok...  Just looking at the players left and the games they've played. 

Unvote

Vote CTM

If he flips scum I'll feel a lot better about AVM who was and still is high on my list.  If they were both scum there really wouldn't have been a need for the elaborate case and 1st vote out of AVM.  Scum is dominating thus far.

I'm not discounting the fact that Ape may be scum -- especially on the heels of his post explosion with 1 vote -- but I'd like to settle other suspicions first. 

I can't really remember any kind of case making out of Crusher but I can get to him later.

Lily is all over the place and has said some things that lack logic but I expect that regardless of her alignment.

I don't see the case on Ishy...  seems like an easy place to plop a vote.

You are a special kind of stupid. I've been home today, no deadlines, no freelance, just playing single Dad and letting my wife get caught up on sleep. During the week, different story. 

My post frequency has nothing to do with votes on me - it's got everything to do with being stir crazy and talking to a 5 month old all day. I've been just as active on the rest of the board, but I actually LIKE banter with you dooshers.

Jerkoff.

Hey - how was the city this weekend? What'd you end up doing?

It was nice weather. My mom wanted to go see Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles. We saw that and went to Jacob Wirth's. It was decent, I think I liked lunch more. Although, did you know it's near impossible to get hamburger buns without sesame seeds on them lately at restaurants? I'm allergic to them, so I had a hamburger on a pretzel bun...different but not bad. I'm more excited about going to see Justin Timberlake on Thursday with my best friend. :D We have row 9 seats. 

It was nice weather. My mom wanted to go see Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles. We saw that and went to Jacob Wirth's. It was decent, I think I liked lunch more. Although, did you know it's near impossible to get hamburger buns without sesame seeds on them lately at restaurants? I'm allergic to them, so I had a hamburger on a pretzel bun...different but not bad. I'm more excited about going to see Justin Timberlake on Thursday with my best friend. :biggrin: We have row 9 seats. 

Nice - Jacob Wirth's is a fun place. Definitely gotta got with pretzels, brats and other German fare when you go there. I guess there's certain nights of the week where they have a piano man come play drinking songs, people get drunk and do sing-alongs like in the old days. I've never done that... but I've been there a few times.

My wife and I were talking about seeing Rain, but we don't have any desire to leave the baby with a sitter yet. When she gets older. Neither of us feels the need to "take a break" at all, so no biggie.

Timberlake seems like he'd put on a good show. Enjoy!

Nice - Jacob Wirth's is a fun place. Definitely gotta got with pretzels, brats and other German fare when you go there. I guess there's certain nights of the week where they have a piano man come play drinking songs, people get drunk and do sing-alongs like in the old days. I've never done that... but I've been there a few times.

My wife and I were talking about seeing Rain, but we don't have any desire to leave the baby with a sitter yet. When she gets older. Neither of us feels the need to "take a break" at all, so no biggie.

Timberlake seems like he'd put on a good show. Enjoy!

Yeah, I've been to Jacob Wirth's a few times for drinks with friends, but never actually got a meal until yesterday. Their fried pickles are different, normally they are the chip slices, but theirs were spear slices with tangy ranch dressing. 

Rain was pretty good, I just don't care for a lot of the Beatles music. The guys that were John and George were better than Paul and Ringo. The drummer was lackluster and sang worse than Ringo ever did. 

Thanks! I've heard that he puts on an awesome show. It's at the TD Garden. 

ok... Just looking at the players left and the games they've played.

Unvote

Vote CTM

If he flips scum I'll feel a lot better about AVM who was and still is high on my list. If they were both scum there really wouldn't have been a need for the elaborate case and 1st vote out of AVM. Scum is dominating thus far.

I don't see the case on Ishy... seems like an easy place to plop a vote.

wow.. this is the worst reasoning ever seen, voting me to feel better about avm? if you aren't scum you are terrible at this

PAC .. please case me... I will do you the honor of tearing it to shreds

Its simple really. You, avm, and ape are my strongest reads. Usually avm sh*ts all over himself when pressured as scum and he didn't in this game.

Sure he could have gotten smoother but his case on you does have merritt. You really haven't done sh*t in the way of scum hunting and much of your voting has been on the ape or myself. Smells like someone trying to stay out of harms way while maintaining a sense of being active.

Archived