The Curse of the Black Pearl - Mafia - game over

Leelou

So, the baby had a belly ache all night - it manifested in doodie explosion this morning - but she had us up 4-5 times. It's usually twice per night.

In between all that, my dog fell down the stairs at one point, waking us up a 6th time, I rolled over onto the remote and turned on the tv and somehow managed to crank the volume to 37, that was waking up a 7th time, and then my wife smashed her toe on the baby swing after she'd gotten up to pee, waking us up an 8th time...

LOL

We're a friggin mess right now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again -- Leelou may need to correct me.

That's why I was fine with saying I was going to shoot (I actually shot 80 right after I posted the clip from Independence Day).  I knew if scum saw through my "I shot Pac" BS that they'd assume 80 was my first choice to shoot.

That's why I revealed when I did -- there were too many positives to doing it then and I thought I saw an opportunity to get us back in the game.

I'd say you were the scum MVP..  you pretty much escaped any real pressure while doing enough to stay active.

I tip my sombrero to you. 

Look, Pac is trying to troll me because he thinks I'll get bent if my highly-visible game isn't applauded. 

Crusher is one of the easiest scum reads in mafia, he did play great. 80 also, considering he's usually dead on D1. Me, I did some good and some bad, could have been less sloppy. In all, I thought we'd all be figured out by end of N1. 

The whole is greater than the sum of the farts.

and you are scum MVP without question.

So, the baby had a belly ache all night - it manifested in doodie explosion this morning - but she had us up 4-5 times. It's usually twice per night.

In between all that, my dog fell down the stairs at one point, waking us up a 6th time, I rolled over onto the remote and turned on the tv and somehow managed to crank the volume to 37, that was waking up a 7th time, and then my wife smashed her toe on the baby swing after she'd gotten up to pee, waking us up an 8th time...

LOL

LOL.  I'm not laughing at you just the situation, but damn haha.

I hope I get to be a father one day (in the not so near future, at least lol), but I read stuff like that and I can't help but think to myself there's a reason I'm not a father now. I know I couldn't handle it -- kudos to you and all the parents on the board.  I've seen friends going through the challenges of early parenthood, it's something else.

Town lost because of Pac. There's really no 2nd reason.

I got him to flip over to voting Verbal.

He told us who the doc was, which also narrowed our cop hunting and helped us guess right to take control of the coin.

He lynched Nolder with JIF-like town-crushing ease.

I got him to flip over to CTM rather than voting me.

He played so bad that Lily put a vote on him in the end, for good reasons.

Done deal.

Pac assumes the mantle of ScumMVP. 

Nothing JIF or I have ever done compares to this level of complete town decimation in every single day and aspect of a game.

APE you played a good game  

It came down to killing me since I investigated you night 2 and you NKed me. If you guys decide to NK anyone else I think we win fairly easily. I felt something was up with your play but I dare not challenge you at that time because I could not claim Cop since you guys took a shot at the DOC or I assumed you did and I was really trying not to get in a pissing match with you so I went after Nolder instead hoping that would throw you off my trail. Did you guys peg me as the cop or was it just a lucky shot ?

Look, Pac is trying to troll me because he thinks I'll get bent if my highly-visible game isn't applauded. 

Crusher is one of the easiest scum reads in mafia, he did play great. 80 also, considering he's usually dead on D1. Me, I did some good and some bad, could have been less sloppy. In all, I thought we'd all be figured out by end of N1. 

The whole is greater than the sum of the farts.

and you are scum MVP without question.

I'm ashamed at how long I laughed (am still laughing) at this one line.

No I'm not.

Ah, interesting.  Yep, once I knew you were Jack Sparrow I felt it was at least a 50/50 shot I was getting the bullet.  I was hoping so badly you were gonna shoot Pac.

I actually told Leelou something to the effect of I'm pretty damn sure 80 is scum, but even if I'm wrong at least I get to shoot 80 to end the game.  LOL

APE you played a good game  

It came down to killing me since I investigated you night 2 and you NKed me. If you guys decide to NK anyone else I think we win fairly easily. I felt something was up with your play but I dare not challenge you at that time because I could not claim Cop since you guys took a shot at the DOC or I assumed you did and I was really trying not to get in a pissing match with you so I went after Nolder instead hoping that would throw you off my trail. Did you guys peg me as the cop or was it just a lucky shot ?

I narrowed cop to you or ishy, and 80 said he had a hunch you were cop. I think crusher was feeling the same way. Basically, we all kind of arrived at the same conclusion at the same time. No idea how.

LOL.

I'm glad it was you who shot me.  It was entirely appropriate.  Verbal, as usual, pu$$ed out.

I actually got paranoid as soon as you made a couple of posts referencing me as Jack -- I thought maybe y'all had a win condition to find me or something.

Can't wait for the next game.  Once school/work calm down I need to find my notes for the games I was writing.  I don't even remember the themes now, tbh.

LOL

Enjoy it while it lasts man, they grow up way too fast, and they're so much fun at that age. I was lucky enough to have two, but I lost my boy last year to lukemia. Don't take it for granted and relish every minute.

I actually got paranoid as soon as you made a couple of posts referencing me as Jack -- I thought maybe y'all had a win condition to find me or something.

Can't wait for the next game.  Once school/work calm down I need to find my notes for the games I was writing.  I don't even remember the themes now, tbh.

What's the O/U on length of time before I get shot D1, regardless of alignment or role?

Enjoy it while it lasts man, they grow up way too fast, and they're so much fun at that age. I was lucky enough to have two, but I lost my boy last year to lukemia. Don't take it for granted and relish every minute.

Jesus, I'm sorry to hear that.

My wife and I are in our late 30's, and we got married and pregnant shortly after losing her Dad to ******* cancer. We were extremely sentimental people to begin with, nothing and I mean nothing is taken for granted in this house... but it is advice you cannot hear and heed enough, and I thank you for it. :)

80 nice job as well

You were actually my chief concern this game. I was just waiting for you to steamroll me whether for good reasons or bad, so I wanted you out asap. I just has a feeling you were leering at me, but holding off for some reason... but knew it was coming. I felt like I could handle everyone else, I've got enough town tells that I can deliver at the right time to change up most of their minds... not sure I've got anyting up my sleeve for you though. LOL

Next time you are scum with me, I'm shooting you.

My two most epic scum victories were with you as a scummate.  SMC's Inception game and this one.  

Then again, at least one of my absolute worst games as scum also came with you as a teammate, where I managed to get us all killed.

My two most epic scum victories were with you as a scummate.  SMC's Inception game and this one.  

Then again, at least one of my absolute worst games as scum also came with you as a teammate, where I managed to get us all killed.

I know :)

oh crap that's terrible man.  I'm so sorry to hear that.

god bless him. 

Damn...I'm so sorry man.

Cancer hits everyone in one way or another, but it doesn't make any story any easier to hear.  It really makes you appreciate everything you've got in life. 

You guys ever watch this ******* show the Voice?

These judges represent everything that is dooshey in America. Pac should be fifth judge.

I'd be the only judge who didn't turn around at all.  No one would quite live up to my standards.

What's the O/U on length of time before I get shot D1, regardless of alignment or role?

Not to get your hopes up, but I've avoided it most often.  Especially when we're at these smaller games and just starting back, you keep the game active.  You could tell the difference this game.  Also I tend to play better when I banter back and forth with you and the Ape among others (JVoY is another when he can play).

I still don't understand why cancer exists.  At least with HIV it's preventable and with diabetes it's treatable.  But cancer takes the old and the young, the good and the bad, the healthy and the unhealthy.  I believe in God but I simply don't get it.

I'm not a consipiracy theorist but I can't believe with the countless millions spent and the incredibly smart men and women conducting research that more hasn't been done to find a cure.  It makes you wonder if those who profit from the treatment have done things to railroad those close to a cure.  It's a pretty morbid thought but this is a morbid world.

I vaguely remember reading an article where a Dr had found a cure, or something close to it, but was being blackballed for some ungodly reason.

I'd be the only judge who didn't turn around at all.  No one would quite live up to my standards.

LOL, there's the Pac we know and love.

LOL

Alrighty all... take is easy, or take it sleazy... I'm going to go play catch up with the sandman.

That's one dude we need around here again...sigh.  Take it easy man.

I still don't understand why cancer exists.  At least with HIV it's preventable and with diabetes it's treatable.  But cancer takes the old and the young, the good and the bad, the healthy and the unhealthy.  I believe in God but I simply don't get it.

I hear you, man.  

I'm not a consipiracy theorist but I can't believe with the countless millions spent and the incredibly smart men and women conducting research that more hasn't been done to find a cure.  It makes you wonder if those who profit from the treatment have done things to railroad those close to a cure.  It's a pretty morbid thought but this is a morbid world.

I vaguely remember reading an article where a Dr had found a cure, or something close to it, but was being blackballed for some ungodly reason.

I remember reading the same thing re: HIV.  I read an article in undergrad that they'd figured it out in Norway or somewhere to that effect.

Aaaaaaand we've jumped the shark.

Archived