Geno Working Out Down at IMG Academy

BroadwayJoe12

Ozzie is bringing it. No beating around the bush. Bravo.

What I'd like to do is beat Idzik over the head with an old shoe for drafting this bum.  I am giving Idzik a pass on drafting Eugene H. Krabs.  If you like your job Idzik, find a QB. fast. 

wat.gif

Round 2 ???? Say what are you ****in kiddin me! 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how you left out he threw for ONLY about 200 yrds a game in that last quarter which is pretty pathetic in this day of the NFL. And against putrid defenses at that.  And he ran and ran and ran because he is so inept going thru his progressions. He will get CLOCKED soon.  He is not as agile as Wilson, Kapernick, Griffin..he's not even as quick as Luck.  Eugene is all HYPE...don't believe the hype.  I hope you are right regarding this QB competition.  It all depends on who Idzik brings in.  If he signs Henne and drafts a sleeper qb in round 6, then it wont be much of a competition and just a smoke screen to validate picking Eugene with the 2nd round pick.  Personally I don't care who he beats out, I cant stand him either way.  I don't like his style, his attitude, his game, his persona.  He has nothing to say other than " I gotta play better". No sh*t Sherlock.  I cant stand this egomaniac.  He is as selfish as they come.

Cam Newton averaged 211 yards a game. Russell Wilson, 210. Colin Kaepernick, 200. I'd like to see more productivity from the passing game, too, but it's not like he was so far below those guys. We should also keep in mind that he was a rookie who really had no business starting playing with the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

I just don't see this hype, attitude, ego, selfishness, etc., that you see. Your rants seem way out of proportion.

I hope I'm right about the QB competition, too, because I'm really not a Geno fan, either. I think the fact that Rex Ryan, who's usually bubbling over with praise for his players, can't even guarantee Geno opening reps in practice is pretty telling. I have to think the front office understands that they're not settled at the QB position.

Funny how you left out he threw for ONLY about 200 yrds a game in that last quarter which is pretty pathetic in this day of the NFL. And against putrid defenses at that.  And he ran and ran and ran because he is so inept going thru his progressions. He will get CLOCKED soon.  He is not as agile as Wilson, Kapernick, Griffin..he's not even as quick as Luck.  Eugene is all HYPE...don't believe the hype.  I hope you are right regarding this QB competition.  It all depends on who Idzik brings in.  If he signs Henne and drafts a sleeper qb in round 6, then it wont be much of a competition and just a smoke screen to validate picking Eugene with the 2nd round pick.  Personally I don't care who he beats out, I cant stand him either way.  I don't like his style, his attitude, his game, his persona.  He has nothing to say other than " I gotta play better". No sh*t Sherlock.  I cant stand this egomaniac.  He is as selfish as they come. 

Russel Wilson averaged 194.9 yards per game is rookie year and this past year when he won the Super Bowl, 210 yards per game. 

Colin Kaepernick averaged 140 yards per game his sophomore year and this past year when he went to another NFCCG, 199.8 yards per game. 

Young quarterbacks do not throw the ball much, that's who you develop them. But please, keep twisting facts to fit your argument.

Russel Wilson averaged 194.9 yards per game is rookie year and this past year when he won the Super Bowl, 210 yards per game. 

Colin Kaepernick averaged 140 yards per game his sophomore year and this past year when he went to another NFCCG, 199.8 yards per game. 

Young quarterbacks do not throw the ball much, that's who you develop them. But please, keep twisting facts to fit your argument.

Ok you quoted the numbers from QB's that went to stacked teams.

Now quote ANDREW LUCKS numbers from a 1-15 team, or RGIII's rookie numbers from a 4-12 team, just to keep it fair, right?

Ok you quoted the numbers from QB's that went to stacked teams.

Now quote ANDREW LUCKS numbers from a 1-15 team, or RGIII's rookie numbers from a 4-12 team, just to keep it fair, right?

How many times on here have you said to never compare Geno to Peyton or Luck? I quoted the numbers from Wilson and Kaepernick because they show you how teams normally bring along their players, which is slowly. 

Sure, if you want to compare the best QB prospect to come along in a decade to Geno, go ahead. But that comparison is unfair and only used to skew the numbers. The bottom line is that young QBs, wunderkind Luck aside, do not throw the ball much and are aided by a good running game, that's just how the NFL works. 

How many times on here have you said to never compare Geno to Peyton or Luck? I quoted the numbers from Wilson and Kaepernick because they show you how teams normally bring along their players, which is slowly. 

Sure, if you want to compare the best QB prospect to come along in a decade to Geno, go ahead. But that comparison is unfair and only used to skew the numbers. The bottom line is that young QBs, wunderkind Luck aside, do not throw the ball much and are aided by a good running game, that's just how the NFL works. 

Uh, mainly because I would like to see the numbers based on the fact that GENO went to a horrible team, but not nearly as bad as the 1-15 colts or 4-12 redskins. Those dudes had to sling it from the get go, because their teams were awful, but lo and behold, both carried their teams to the playoffs in their rookie years, so I guess young QB's (if good or great) can sling it around and make it work, even if the supporting cast is suspect, and 1-15 is about as suspect as you can get, right?

Uh, mainly because I would like to see the numbers based on the fact that GENO went to a horrible team, but not nearly as bad as the 1-15 colts or 4-12 redskins. Those dudes had to sling it from the get go, because their teams were awful, but lo and behold, both carried their teams to the playoffs in their rookie years, so I guess young QB's (if good or great) can sling it around and make it work, even if the supporting cast is suspect, and 1-15 is about as suspect as you can get, right?

The colts were never a 1-15 team as far as talent went, unless you feel Curtis Painter was an adequate QB to evaluate that team.  They throw the ball a ton just because they were so terrible, they put a lot on Luck's plate because he was already one of the most advanced QB prospects that came into the league in a long time.  As for RGIII, he only average 214 yards per game, not sure how that's really "slinging it around,"  when you two are giving Geno hell for only average 200 over the last quarter of the season. 

No one is declaring that Geno is great, but for you and Ozzie to make the assumption that he wasn't doing anything well just because he only threw for 200ish yards those last four games is absurd. Most young QBs do not throw for 270+ yards a game, they just don't.

The colts were never a 1-15 team as far as talent went, unless you feel Curtis Painter was an adequate QB to evaluate that team.  They throw the ball a ton just because they were so terrible, they put a lot on Luck's plate because he was already one of the most advanced QB prospects that came into the league in a long time.  As for RGIII, he only average 214 yards per game, not sure how that's really "slinging it around,"  when you two are giving Geno hell for only average 200 over the last quarter of the season. 

No one is declaring that Geno is great, but for you and Ozzie to make the assumption that he wasn't doing anything well just because he only threw for 200ish yards those last four games is absurd. Most young QBs do not throw for 270+ yards a game, they just don't.

Not to throw Ozzie under the bus, because I know he can handle himself, but the yardage thing was all him, I just jumped in because I felt you were making an unfair comparison based on QB's that went to stacked teams, and conveniently left out 2 QB's that went to basically awful teams. That's all I wanted to see.

Not to throw Ozzie under the bus, because I know he can handle himself, but the yardage thing was all him, I just jumped in because I felt you were making an unfair comparison based on QB's that went to stacked teams, and conveniently left out 2 QB's that went to basically awful teams. That's all I wanted to see.

I left out Luck because by and large he's the best prospect we'e seen since Manning and Elway. So clearly, coming out of a pro-styled offense, he's going to have a leg up on any rookie QB stepping on that field. Even this past year, you saw his average yards per game drop from 270 to 230. 

RG III, for as good as he was, only threw for 214 yards his rookie year and was bolstered by one of the best running games in the national football league.  For Ozzie to say that Geno's 200 yards is nothing, there's no way he could be happy with RG III's 214 yards his rookie year, especially considering he was the second overall pick behind Luck.  I mentioned Wilson and Kaep, simply because it just shows what teams do with young QBs: they run the ball well and with high frequency and throw it even less.

I left out Luck because by and large he's the best prospect we'e seen since Manning and Elway. So clearly, coming out of a pro-styled offense, he's going to have a leg up on any rookie QB stepping on that field. Even this past year, you saw his average yards per game drop from 270 to 230. 

RG III, for as good as he was, only threw for 214 yards his rookie year and was bolstered by one of the best running games in the national football league.  For Ozzie to say that Geno's 200 yards is nothing, there's no way he could be happy with RG III's 214 yards his rookie year, especially considering he was the second overall pick behind Luck.  I mentioned Wilson and Kaep, simply because it just shows what teams do with young QBs: they run the ball well and with high frequency and throw it even less.

OK, but I'm sure he will have response that you may not agree with.

Good luck.

Of course I'll root for him. I rooted for him this year. I rooted for Browning Nagle, Mark Sanchez, Tay Lucas, etc. That doesn't make them any good just because we root for them NOW granted, a lot of of it was rooting for them to decide to take up another sport like Bowling, or rooting for them to be honest with the coach, and ask to be benched etc. but I was still rooting.

I'll root for Geno, but I will also tear him a new one, the moment he goes Sanchez on us.

I was in the same boat with Sanchez after his FIRST year, I hated him then and wanted them to move on, just like I am here now with GENO. I may be wrong, but I also think that Geno could actually end up worse than Sanchez and that's scary.

All I got from this is that you <3'd Glenn Foley!

;)

I can't stand. When people start comparing mannings rookie year to someone else . Peyton's rookie year was terriable but if u watched him you saw that he was going to be good . Just like luck you saw how great he's going to be . And I don't remember Peyton look as bad as smith did in the Miami game !

Does Smith have any z weaponz to the caliber of M Faulk or M Harrison on this team?

Forgot Glenn Foley. Thanks for reminding me. I think.

Listen, my original point was...I dont think anyone can say Geno will be good, like I dont think anyone can say hes going to be bad...there are enough factors involving the players he was surrounded by, new system, etc etc.

Ive read enough of your posts and while your response was you can still sit on the fence...the he's horrible ones, take away from your credibility in general...IMO...no disrespect intended.

Listen, my original point was...I dont think anyone can say Geno will be good, like I dont think anyone can say hes going to be bad...there are enough factors involving the players he was surrounded by, new system, etc etc.

Ive read enough of your posts and while your response was you can still sit on the fence...the he's horrible ones, take away from your credibility in general...IMO...no disrespect intended.

We all have.

Geno smith will be a average qb in the NFL He is inconsistent he was this in college also. . He will have good and bad games . This equals us not being a consistent winner Which is what I'm looking for .

At least somebody on this board has a brain. 

Actually Ozzie, I'm not sure I agree with that post. He stated that Geno would be "an average QB in the NFL", and I think actually when all is said and done, Geno will be seen as BELOW average.

Well as much as I detest Eugene, I think he will be mediocre to average at best.  So the poster's contention I feel is dead on.........Eugene is inconsistent, thus resulting in us not being a consistent winner.

Ivory (Beast II) this was said many times by announcers.....he didn't run for 1000 because for several games he had only a handful of carries due to injuries and he shared the position with Powell 176 carries Ivory 182 carries . how can you not know that?

Announcers? You do know that's their opinions not facts rite?

And there are other backs that can split carries and still produce a thousand so it sounds like your making up an excuse for him.

And mcfadden is an amazing talent that can't stay healthy, but no 1 makes excuses it comes with the game.

Archived