Geno Working Out Down at IMG Academy

BroadwayJoe12

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 1 way to find out, but they have been wrong with numerous picks, not mention before cam they were saying nick fairly was #1 or did you forget that genius?

My genious remark was aimed at the Jets, not you. Sorry if you interpreted as aimed at you.

I didn't know they had Fairly #1 overall. Starnge as it almost always is a QB, right?

My genious remark was aimed at the Jets, not you. Sorry if you interpreted as aimed at you.

I didn't know they had Fairly #1 overall. Starnge as it almost always is a QB, right?

Lol, I apologize.

I did misunderstand.

Yes normally, but up until the final 2 weeks before the draft most mock drafts are bologna and the so-called experts are just hyped up wind bag tools that get paid handsomely for their opinions.

Most of Nawrocki's blurbs end up being pretty close. The guy does his homework, but I wouldn't expect the thought police to actually do theirs. We'll just go with the cutups Deadspin publishes instead.

Nawrocki trolls the football community hard for traffic prior to the draft, he, nor you should be surprised when he catches sh*t for it.  

Yea he'll shine just like Weinke did. Hahahaha love to hear he's being groomed by a scrub.  Birds (scrubs) of a feather flock together.  Chris Weinke hahahahaha. OMG what a joke.

That Vince Lombardi couldn't even make it in the NFL, glad no organization trusted him to coach their players...

That Joe Paterno never amounted to anything more than a decent Ivy league ball player, glad no college ever thought to let him be their head coach.

That Nick Saban only had one year of college ball at Kent State under his belt, it's a good thing no SEC team(s) thought to let him run their program. 

That Dean Smith never made it in the NBA, I bet you esteemed programs like North Carolina are glad they never gave him the keys to their team. 

Now, that Mike Singletary, one of the best defensive players in the history of the game, there's no way he'd be less than an elite coach.

Right, because people knew who Nolan Nawrocki was three years ago...

Suggest you go back and look at his scouts then. He's better than most- but if you prefer the cookie cutter scripted arguments from Kiper and Mcshay he's probably not your cup of tea.

And now the draftniks are saying Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles TOP 10, and possibly add Carr and you have at least 4 predicted in the 1st round. Do you think they are wrong on this? Because if it happens, then really, the only one they were wrong on was by coincidence, the guy the JETS took. Genious.

Go back and look at the draft of 2013. There weren't nearly as many teams that had a QB as a must-need. Nowhere close.

Stop saying things just to say them.

It's spelled "GENIUS." 

If you are going to attempt to use it as a snarky insult at least ******* spell it correctly.

:akf:

That Vince Lombardi couldn't even make it in the NFL, glad no organization trusted him to coach their players...

That Joe Paterno never amounted to anything more than a decent Ivy league ball player, glad no college ever thought to let him be their head coach.

That Nick Saban only had one year of college ball at Kent State under his belt, it's a good thing no SEC team(s) thought to let him run their program. 

That Dean Smith never made it in the NBA, I bet you esteemed programs like North Carolina are glad they never gave him the keys to their team. 

Now, that Mike Singletary, one of the best defensive players in the history of the game, there's no way he'd be less than an elite coach.

Remember all those Pro Bowls Bill Belichick went to as a player?

Lol, I apologize.

I did misunderstand.

Yes normally, but up until the final 2 weeks before the draft most mock drafts are bologna and the so-called experts are just hyped up wind bag tools that get paid handsomely for their opinions.

No problem. We are all good. If you notice my posts and I end with "genious" It is always referring to one of the following: REX, WOODY, The Jets Organization

Suggest you go back and look at his scouts then. He's better than most- but if you prefer the cookie cutter scripted arguments from Kiper and Mcshay he's probably not your cup of tea.

The entire premise of my argument is that I can't stand Kiper and McShay, I'm not sure what you're even getting at.  Nawrocki trolls draft fans prior to the draft, it's pretty obvious. Like everyone else, he does it to promote his name. Not sure how this is escaping you.

Yea he'll shine just like Weinke did. Hahahaha love to hear he's being groomed by a scrub.  Birds (scrubs) of a feather flock together.  Chris Weinke hahahahaha. OMG what a joke.

I just cant wait until we have lets say, Eric Decker, or Golden Tate, and we draft say Marquise Lee, or Mike Evans, and we have all these so called "weapons", and Geno starts putting up 65 QBR's and acting like his predecessor, and people start screaming about how we should replace Geno, with who ever his backup is, or asking why we didn't get so and so in FA or why we didn't draft this QB or that QB, and all the people who keep saying "Just give Geno weapons" will quickly be changing to" Iknew Geno sucked no matter who he is throwing to"

Ozzie, just watch. It will be fun and sad to see.

The entire premise of my argument is that I can't stand Kiper and McShay, I'm not sure what you're even getting at. Nawrocki trolls draft fans prior to the draft, it's pretty obvious. Like everyone else, he does it to promote his name. Not sure how this is escaping you.

How is Narwrocki a troll? Because he called Cam a phony?

What's his troll this season?

Go back and read his scouts. The guy is better than pretty much all of the other talking heads. His Coples and Milliner scout are as on target as you can get.

I just cant wait until we have lets say, Eric Decker, or Golden Tate, and we draft say Marquise Lee, or Mike Evans, and we have all these so called "weapons", and Geno starts putting up 65 QBR's and acting like his predecessor, and people start screaming about how we should replace Geno, with who ever his backup is, or asking why we didn't get so and so in FA or why we didn't draft this QB or that QB, and all the people who keep saying "Just give Geno weapons" will quickly be changing to" Iknew Geno sucked no matter who he is throwing to"Ozzie, just watch. It will be fun and sad to see.

Not many people are saying that.

The Jets have the worst receiving corps in the NFL, and that's before they release their alleged #1 WR. If the Jets made some ridiculous trade to get into the top whatever to grab one of the top 3 QBs in this draft, that QB would in turn be saddled with the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Like it or not, Geno is going to be -at a minimum- competing for the starting QB job this year. The new GM spent a second rounder on him, and they're going to want to evaluate him as fairly as possible. That means getting him receivers. If Geno still sucks with better receivers, they'll be looking for a franchise QB in 2015. If that's the way they go, that QB will be given a better chance to succeed than either of the last two QBs the Jets drafted because he'll have better weapons around him.

Jimmy Clausen – Has a sense of entitlement, having attended private schoolsicon1.png, worked with private QB coaches and being sheltered by his family, who bought a house on campus so his brothers had a place to stay for every game. Arrogant – can come off as having all the answers and struggle to win a locker room. Still immature. Comes across as overly staged, scripted and disingenuous in interviews and does not have the type of presence desired in the face of a franchise. (PFW – Clausen #2 QB)

tumblr_inline_myxzr4YynR1qfdnl6.gif

How is Narwrocki a troll? Because he called Cam a phony?

What's his troll this season?

Go back and read his scouts. The guy is better than pretty much all of the other talking heads. His Coples and Milliner scout are as on target as you can get.

Pre-draft analysis is generally a cesspool of hearsay, guesswork, idiot groupthink, and circle jerking. What sets Nawrocki apart is that he applies his bullsh*t guesswork to people's personalities without ever having been within 100 yards of them.

Pre-draft analysis is generally a cesspool of hearsay, guesswork, idiot groupthink, and circle jerking. What sets Nawrocki apart is that he applies his bullsh*t guesswork to people's personalities without ever having been within 100 yards of them.

You don't think that isnt coming straight from his contacts that work for teams? If anything, Nawrocki's write-ups are as close as it gets to the real thing as anyone's. If you don't think someone's background or mental makeup should be public, I get that- but he's not saying anything that NFL teams aren't saying.

His Clausen write-up was the exact same things he said about Cam the following year. He said Jamarcus Russell would set the Raiders back 5 years. His Coples write up isnt anything different than what you've been saying about him since he's played an NFL game.

Geno's been caught sending dick pics and has been kicked off an airplane in the past year....you dont think people in NFL circles are saying "I told you so"?

If anything, Deadspin is trolling by cutting and pasting sentences from his entire body of work. He's got like 500 in depth profiles of everyone on NFL.com now. His write-up on Teddy couldnt be any more positive.

Happy he's set on getting better, happy the franchise is working hard on improving this offseason, and happy our young players have so much potential.

Just wish I knew what stephen hill was doing rite now.

Smh,

He is probably working out with WR guru David Terrell.

Not many people are saying that.

The Jets have the worst receiving corps in the NFL, and that's before they release their alleged #1 WR. If the Jets made some ridiculous trade to get into the top whatever to grab one of the top 3 QBs in this draft, that QB would in turn be saddled with the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Like it or not, Geno is going to be -at a minimum- competing for the starting QB job this year. The new GM spent a second rounder on him, and they're going to want to evaluate him as fairly as possible. That means getting him receivers. If Geno still sucks with better receivers, they'll be looking for a franchise QB in 2015. If that's the way they go, that QB will be given a better chance to succeed than either of the last two QBs the Jets drafted because he'll have better weapons around him.

We shall see, but if what I am predicting comes true, then we will have wasted another year, and if we finish our usual 7-9,8-8,9-7, and are drafting 16-18, and I am advocating for trading the FARM (like this year to get Manziel), will I be bombarded with the same rhetoric next year as this year, in that "Oh, we cant trade 2 #1s and a #2 to trade up to get WINSTON. I sure hope not.

We shall see, but if what I am predicting comes true, then we will have wasted another year, and if we finish our usual 7-9,8-8,9-7, and are drafting 16-18, and I am advocating for trading the FARM (like this year to get Manziel), will I be bombarded with the same rhetoric next year as this year, in that "Oh, we cant trade 2 #1s and a #2 to trade up to get WINSTON. I sure hope not.

Next year is a long way away. This year, it would be incredibly reckless to trade the farm for a 5'10" sand lot QB. This is a deep draft. Good year to make a lot of picks, rather than trade away a lot of picks. One of those picks will be a QB. I'll be surprised if they don't take one in the first three rounds.

Next year is a long way away. This year, it would be incredibly reckless to trade the farm for a 5'10" sand lot QB. This is a deep draft. Good year to make a lot of picks, rather than trade away a lot of picks. One of those picks will be a QB. I'll be surprised if they don't take one in the first three rounds.

If the object is to upgrade the Qb position in the draft, a second or third round pick is an unlikely way to do that.

I know there's not a whole lot of choices out there in FA or potential trades for a vet Qb, but as for the draft the odds are that a first round pick is a more promising way to upgrade Qb.

The real concern here is how much do the Jets want to rely on Smith being the starter, with no real competition? I should hope the answer to taht is not very much.

Imo it really is the key question to this off season, and will help answer what this FO's not only philosophy is, but also how competent they are.

What if we do and manziel sucks?

What if we don't and geno is good or great?

I mean it's all guessing but I know on a team lacking receivers we were 1 WIN away from the playoffs and some talented pass catchers make us better regardless.

While I get what you are saying, you have to realize that around here you're going to get nothing but an eye roll and a brush off when you pat yourself on the back over and over again while proclaiming Geno's failures.  Predicting the awfulness of a Jets QB isn't some brilliant analysis, it's usually about as sure-money of a bet as you could make in the NFL.  Sad, but true.  Sure, you still have the same folks who will endlessly defend them all no matter how awful they are, but the truth is that's not the majority of people around here.  If anything, given that it's only one year in, you have people who are cautiously hopeful that Geno gets his crap together so that we don't have to continue to go through this whole song and dance.  And keep in mind, while you seem to be convinced that Manziel is destined for greatness, there's plenty of others who think he's not much more than a rich-man's Tebow, which is why they'd rather hope Geno can get his sh*t together than spending lots more picks on a guy they think is no more likely to be this team's long-term answer.  Fair or not, the (relatively) limited investment that went into a pick like Geno tends to make it all a little easier for the masses to deal with when it doesn't work out.

Keep in mind that QB is also probably the one position you'll have more disagreement over than any other out there.  You've clearly taken some very strong stances regarding a number of QBs both past and present, but amongst all of the generally critical positions you've taken, you still put up on a pedestal a guy in Chad Pennington who is despised by a number of folks on this board.  The point being that if you can't get agreement on a guy who spent as many years on this team as he did, you sure as hell cannot realistically expect to get it on a guy one year into his career, or another who hasn't even stepped foot into the league.  I think everyone would agree that the Jets need to keep trying to address the QB position until they finally find the right answer, but the real difference is the disagreement in how to best do that.

I just cant wait until we have lets say, Eric Decker, or Golden Tate, and we draft say Marquise Lee, or Mike Evans, and we have all these so called "weapons", and Geno starts putting up 65 QBR's and acting like his predecessor, and people start screaming about how we should replace Geno, with who ever his backup is, or asking why we didn't get so and so in FA or why we didn't draft this QB or that QB, and all the people who keep saying "Just give Geno weapons" will quickly be changing to" Iknew Geno sucked no matter who he is throwing to"

Ozzie, just watch. It will be fun and sad to see.

You have a very interesting way looking at thing almost like you need for Geno to suck to feel good about yourself. 

Archived