Geno Working Out Down at IMG Academy

BroadwayJoe12

Geno was awesome in college? Uh not really. Tavon Austin was AWESOME. He turned flat screens into breakout bombs. Totally inflated Eugene's numbers.

Are you really going to over look the amazing down field passes geno made to take away credit.

That's a big chunk of peyton mannings stats last year, I guess he's not the best?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't tell on me again!

First of all, I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Secondly, do you understand that you can disagree with someone without insulting them? In fact, its far more rewarding to actually outwit someone than to just call them stupid. Calling someone stupid suggests that you can't think of a way to rebut their argument. 

First of all, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Secondly, do you understand that you can disagree with someone without insulting them? In fact, its far more rewarding to actually outwit someone than to just call them stupid. Calling someone stupid suggests that you can't think of a way to rebut their argument.

If it makes you feel any better, I forgot my reading glasses.

Better?

Matt39:

Apparently you have little respect for your own line of reasoning.  You posted the following:

I havent flown in a few months, but as far as I can remember it isnt that difficult to not get kicked off of an airplane. 

This post strongly implies that despite the airline's apology, Geno must have done something wrong in that situation.

I've never been mugged.  Most people have never been mugged.  So the ones who have been mugged must have been doing something wrong.

Simply following your own argument-if something bad happens to you that almost never happens to someone else, you must have done something to bring it onto yourself.

You can't be this stupid.

Just applying your own argument to another unfortuate situation.  Such hostility.

I agree pretty much with what you are saying, and if you read my posts, I am all for trading up and getting Manziel or Bridgewater BUT if that doesn't occur (and the consensus is it wont), then I would still want them to draft one of the so called "second tier" guys and hope for a Russell Wilson miracle. Also, My view is that many of these second tier guys could easily beat out Smith, especially if he doesn't show any progress this year.

Well, I would think unless one is talking about going too far down the draft board, to the extent a pick is for someone with no more upside than Simms (at which point why bother?), I would agree a mid round pick is better than doing nothing.  Yes, even a mid-round pick might be an upgrade over Smith, particularly if he does not improve.

My own preference remains a vet Qb, but that is undermined by the lack of obvious choices there.

I have been saying our receivers sucked since we lost the 1st afc championship.

The best receivers of the rex ryan era was holmes and edwards, keller wasn't consistent and pure never going to be reached potential.

Braylon is job less for a reason, and I like the guy. And holmes was over hyped since that superbowl catch. When they were FA's I wanted braylon. Our success came off of running and defense, even most previously we're undefeated when geno scores a rushing touchdown.

I loved holmes calling out the panthers, it pissed them off and they exposed this receiving core of practice squad players that feature a reinvented still unproven david nelson, a up incoming slot guy in kerley, and a has been probably best suited for the slot or 2nd if the qb is elite piece of sh*t named holmes who's a walking headache....

My question, why have every 1 been screaming about qb's and never noticed this!!?

I agree with u I've said I can't remember the last offensive guy we delvoped!

Well, I would think unless one is talking about going too far down the draft board, to the extent a pick is for someone with no more upside than Simms (at which point why bother?), I would agree a mid round pick is better than doing nothing.  Yes, even a mid-round pick might be an upgrade over Smith, particularly if he does not improve.

My own preference remains a vet Qb, but that is undermined by the lack of obvious choices there.

I don't know. They really aren't that bad:

Vick

McCown

Hill

Kolb

Henne

All would beat out Smith.

I don't know. They really aren't that bad:

Vick

McCown

Hill

Kolb

Henne

All would beat out Smith.

I would also see if Dallas might be willing to trade Kyle Orton.

Ftr I don't see Vick making it through another season, probably ever.  He's too fragile.  If the Jets really go and try and upgrade Qb with a vet, and fill enough other holes to make a playoff run, we'll all be biting our nails hoping he makes it through the season.  And when he doesn't, in comes Smith having sat all season long.

While I don't think Smith has earned the starting job, considering where he is I would have to say an injury prone Qb like Vick is a particularly bad match for Smith.  Of course anyone can get hurt, but we are talking odds here.

I agree any of the others would be an ungrade over Smith, btw.

I would also see if Dallas might be willing to trade Kyle Orton.

Ftr I don't see Vick making it through another season, probably ever.  He's too fragile.  If the Jets really go and try and upgrade Qb with a vet, and fill enough other holes to make a playoff run, we'll all be biting our nails hoping he makes it through the season.  And when he doesn't, in comes Smith having sat all season long.

While I don't think Smith has earned the starting job, considering where he is I would have to say an injury prone Qb like Vick is a particularly bad match for Smith.  Of course anyone can get hurt, but we are talking odds here.

I agree any of the others would be an ungrade over Smith, btw.

Orton would be a huge upgrade, and Maybe Dallas is looking to clear some cap space. Its worth a phone call, although the increase in the cap hurts those chances.

I have said all along that my ONLY reservation with Vick is his injury history. I know he can still play at a high level, especially in Marty's system, but as you said, if he foes down (and he usually does), then we are right back to Smith. We shall see soon enough what Idzik has planned.

I really liked some of the things Smith did with the ball last year.

I really hated some of the things Smith did with the ball last year...and that gives me Sanchez deja vu.

If anything I think you cant argue with some FACTS like...

His college offense wasnt the easiest transition (for him)

Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Winslow, Cumberland, Ivory all missed games...and even if they all played 16, combined, theyre mediocre AT BEST.

I like his mobillty...I think he has a good arm...BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE his drive to get better...I think and believe Geno wants to be the best

The ball placement to Holmes against Buffalo tho!...that s#!t was pretty.

And he had some other moments.

If he has 2 less terrible games...we go 10-6 and to the playoffs.

Im rooting for Geno...I hope for his sake, AND OURS...that he puts it together.

I really liked some of the things Smith did with the ball last year.

I really hated some of the things Smith did with the ball last year...and that gives me Sanchez deja vu.

If anything I think you cant argue with some FACTS like...

His college offense wasnt the easiest transition (for him)

Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Winslow, Cumberland, Ivory all missed games...and even if they all played 16, combined, theyre mediocre AT BEST.

I like his mobillty...I think he has a good arm...BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE his drive to get better...I think and believe Geno wants to be the best

The ball placement to Holmes against Buffalo tho!...that s#!t was pretty.

And he had some other moments.

If he has 2 less terrible games...we go 10-6 and to the playoffs.

Im rooting for Geno...I hope for his sake, AND OURS...that he puts it together.

I second this.

I keep hearing draft a qb but then what when they're not ready, the nfl and college aren't the same. Why keep developing these rookies to get rid of them?

So, we can never draft a QB because he's a rookie and we have to develop him?

This obviously means that:

1.That even if a surefire Talent like ANDREW LUCK is available, we cant take him as he is a rookie

2.Even if an ANDREW LUCK talent were available, our coaching staff, is so piss poor that it cant develop anyone, and would even ruin Andrew Luck

3.We are destined to bringing in RETREAD Vets, and relying on Mark Sanchez

Unbelievable.

I think Geno will have a very good year. He was awesome the last few games of the year and seemed to really click. Get him some good receivers and I think he can be a top 10 QB this year.

1. Manning NOPE

2. Brady NOPE

3. Brees NOPE

4. Luck NOPE

5. Rodgers NOPE

6. Wilson NOPE

7. Romo NOPE

8. Rivers NOPE

9. Kaepernick NOPE

10. Newton NOPE

11. Roethlisberger NOPE

12. Griffin III NOPE

13. Flacco NOPE

14. E. Manning NOPE

15. Cutler NOPE

16. Tannehill NOPE

17. Bradford NOPE

18. Stafford NOPE

19. Dalton NOPE

20. Foles NOPE

21. Smith NOPE

That's 21 definite's that he will never beat

The next bunch are maybe's

1. Glennon (same class)

2. Manuel (same class)

3. Locker

4. Ponder

5. Palmer

6. Gabbert

The next bunch, he could POSSIBLY finish ahead of

1. Keenum

2. Pryor

3. Hoyer

4. Freeman

5. Flynn

Nick Foles threw for a big 30 yds more per game than Geno last year.   He had DeSean Jackson to throw to and LeSean MCoy in his backfield.  Think that made a difference?

26 tds and 2 picks, are you kidding me? Instead of making the ridiculous comparison to Smith, you should be comparing FOLES to the dude he beat out for TOP QBR in the league, a guy named Peyton Manning.

Comparing the guy with the TOP QBR in the league to the guy with the WORST QBR in the NFL is ludicrous.

That top rated QBR quarterback had 6 TD's and 5 INT's his first year.  And he also had the aforementioned LeSean & DeSean last year as well.

If Foles can go from mediocre w/great support his rookie year to great w/great support his second year, why can't Geno go from lousy w/shït support his rookie year to good w/decent support in 2014?

That top rated QBR quarterback had 6 TD's and 5 INT's his first year.  And he also had the aforementioned LeSean & DeSean last year as well.

If Foles can go from mediocre w/great support his rookie year to great w/great support his second year, why can't Geno go from lousy w/shït support his rookie year to good w/decent support in 2014?

He could, but I will have to see it to believe it. If you asked me to bet in 2014:

Smith closer to Foles

or

Smith closer to Gabbert

I put every dime on the latter.

Archived