Geno Working Out Down at IMG Academy

BroadwayJoe12

Then we will just have to see.

You see a guy with the worst QB rating stinking up the place.  I see a guy with ONE decent functional NFL receiver, Kerley, managing to actually wring 8 wins out of this dreck.

The choice of metrics and comparisons to Manning in his rookie year are not coming close to a whole picture.

I will tell you what concerns me about Smith.  He didn't just throw interceptions.  ALL of his interceptions were his fault.  not one tipped pass. Not one.  Every one he threw either an inaccurate pass or one where he did not see the defender.  And this was not a guy who was in an O designed to take big risks, either.  It was in a very conservative passing attack. 

He also had much more run support than his fans give the Jets credit for.  Compare the stats for Qb's like Kaepernick, Wilson and others. 

Along with everyone else I saw the Jets win three of their last four and Smith minimize turnovers.  But those three wins were against bad teams with bad pass defenses.  I can't come up with a positive trend there.

Smith may be able to claim weak support at wideout, but that's the only metric that supports arguments in his favor.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Manning NOPE

2. Brady NOPE

3. Brees NOPE

4. Luck NOPE

5. Rodgers NOPE

6. Wilson NOPE

7. Romo NOPE

8. Rivers NOPE

9. Kaepernick NOPE

10. Newton NOPE

11. Roethlisberger NOPE

12. Griffin III NOPE

13. Flacco NOPE

14. E. Manning NOPE

15. Cutler NOPE

16. Tannehill NOPE

17. Bradford NOPE

18. Stafford NOPE

19. Dalton NOPE

20. Foles NOPE

21. Smith NOPE

That's 21 definite's that he will never beat

The next bunch are maybe's

1. Glennon (same class)

2. Manuel (same class)

3. Locker

4. Ponder

5. Palmer

6. Gabbert

The next bunch, he could POSSIBLY finish ahead of

1. Keenum

2. Pryor

3. Hoyer

4. Freeman

5. Flynn

You think Tony Romo is better than Philip Rivers and Cam Newton? 

Holy crap. :face:

The choice of metrics and comparisons to Manning in his rookie year are not coming close to a whole picture.

I will tell you what concerns me about Smith.  He didn't just throw interceptions.  ALL of his interceptions were his fault.  not one tipped pass. Not one.  

That's where I stopped reading. You have a terrible memory. 

What interceptions were tipped?  Describing one would be a good start.

You have to realize there is a fairly massive difference between a tipped pass for an INT and one definitively being 100% the QB's fault.  Is there not blame to pass around when an INT occurs because the QB gets blasted while he's throwing due to bad pass protection, or a WR running a sh*tty route or pulling up on their route?  Not to mention there was at least an INT or two that went bouncing off of Holmes this season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make excuses for Geno's crappy year here.  Those types of circumstances don't apply to anywhere close to the majority of his INTs; most of them were certainly all his fault, just like every other QB in the league.  But again, there's a pretty big difference between that and going out of your way to make sure that everyone else on the offense is deemed as completely blameless just so you can push your agenda of making sure that Geno is the only one who gets any blame.  This is while also going out of your way to make sure that you present this falsehood as something that applies to only Geno throughout the entire league.  Again, it's clearly an agenda and nothing more.

You think Tony Romo is better than Philip Rivers and Cam Newton? 

Holy crap. :face:

See, you always jump to conclusions. I merely listed , IN NO PARTICULAR order the 21 that he will never finish ahead of. They are NOT rated.

Oh, and by the way, YES I would rate Romo ahead of Rivers and Newton.

I will tell you what concerns me about Smith. He didn't just throw interceptions. ALL of his interceptions were his fault. not one tipped pass. Not one. Every one he threw either an inaccurate pass or one where he did not see the defender. And this was not a guy who was in an O designed to take big risks, either. It was in a very conservative passing attack. .

Ever seen in your lifetime a QB throw an INT that made you say, "HOLY S#IT, WHO WAS HE EVEN THROWING THAT F'ING BALL TO?!"

Heres a tip, some of those are actually the WR's fault....pppakkkkkooowwwww, I just blew ur mind, didnt I?

So, we can never draft a QB because he's a rookie and we have to develop him?

This obviously means that:

1.That even if a surefire Talent like ANDREW LUCK is available, we cant take him as he is a rookie

2.Even if an ANDREW LUCK talent were available, our coaching staff, is so piss poor that it cant develop anyone, and would even ruin Andrew Luck

3.We are destined to bringing in RETREAD Vets, and relying on Mark Sanchez

Unbelievable.

Obviously not my meaning but how often does that happen?

Every year it's fans screaming for a new qb.

Without noticing there are no weapons for a qb here, no reggie wayne (future hall of famer), no coby fleener (previously had success with luck & chemistry), and no t y hilton (very good & productive) you want a qb to make you win but with out the pieces he can't.

Trent dilfer has a ring, the qb with the bucks won a ring, can't remember his name.

There no peyton mannings or tom bradys. They did their job on great teams. Build a great team and with Marty & david lee we have qb's that can win, we have no 1 to help them win.

Bringing in a new rookie MEANS HE MITE HAVE TO DEVELOP, but even if he doesn't a early pick for him means we miss out on 1 of better receivers or tight ends.

That's a idiotic move on our be half.

Obviously not my meaning but how often does that happen?

Every year it's fans screaming for a new qb.

Without noticing there are no weapons for a qb here, no reggie wayne (future hall of famer), no coby fleener (previously had success with luck & chemistry), and no t y hilton (very good & productive) you want a qb to make you win but with out the pieces he can't.

Trent dilfer has a ring, the qb with the bucks won a ring, can't remember his name.

There no peyton mannings or tom bradys. They did their job on great teams. Build a great team and with Marty & david lee we have qb's that can win, we have no 1 to help them win.

Bringing in a new rookie MEANS HE MITE HAVE TO DEVELOP, but even if he doesn't a early pick for him means we miss out on 1 of better receivers or tight ends.

That's a idiotic move on our be half.

Look, I don't want to bring in a QB EVERY year, but I don't want to stop bringing one in if the ones we have suck. When we get one even serviceable, I will stop screaming to draft a QB, but the last 2 have been historically or epically bad.

Somehow, people forget that Geno was LAST in QBR, the worst rated QB in the league. They use this "no weapons" excuse, and hang their hat on that, and it may be legit, but it also may not be, and again, if we go through all next year with Geno as the guy, and he sucks again, and we missed out on a QB this year, then we will be in the same predicament in 2015, and we will have people still screaming, "NO, we cant trade all those picks to move up, its too costly.

Whats too costly is having a QB that is horrendous.

Trent dilfer has a ring, the qb with the bucks won a ring, can't remember his name. .

Brad Johnson?

It was a very similar statement to this that made me tolerate Sanchez a couple more games than I shouldve!...Heaven help us! Lol

I will tell you what concerns me about Smith. He didn't just throw interceptions. ALL of his interceptions were his fault. not one tipped pass. Not one. Every one he threw either an inaccurate pass or one where he did not see the defender. And this was not a guy who was in an O designed to take big risks, either. It was in a very conservative passing attack.

He also had much more run support than his fans give the Jets credit for. Compare the stats for Qb's like Kaepernick, Wilson and others.

Along with everyone else I saw the Jets win three of their last four and Smith minimize turnovers. But those three wins were against bad teams with bad pass defenses. I can't come up with a positive trend there.

Smith may be able to claim weak support at wideout, but that's the only metric that supports arguments in his favor.

Really?

We had no player running or catching put up 1000 ALL PURPOSE YARDS, LET ALONE RECEIVING OR RUNNING.

We were predicted to be a 4 win team and win 8 with a defense and rookie qb.

The browns, panthers, and dolphins defenses do not suck at all.

And I watched holmes lose a fight for 1int, or how about gates dropping a easy td pass against the pats? We lost by 3.....

You want to blame geno because you don't like geno, i'm just being honest every jet offensive player SUCKED but kerley but he was alright every body else was terrible so he looked great compared to them. Geno is the only bright spot we had on offense.

Look, I don't want to bring in a QB EVERY year, but I don't want to stop bringing one in if the ones we have suck. When we get one even serviceable, I will stop screaming to draft a QB, but the last 2 have been historically or epically bad.

Somehow, people forget that Geno was LAST in QBR, the worst rated QB in the league. They use this "no weapons" excuse, and hang their hat on that, and it may be legit, but it also may not be, and again, if we go through all next year with Geno as the guy, and he sucks again, and we missed out on a QB this year, then we will be in the same predicament in 2015, and we will have people still screaming, "NO, we cant trade all those picks to move up, its too costly.

Whats too costly is having a QB that is horrendous.

No qb can win with nothing, it's no excuse it's a reason.

If we have a team in place that is ready to compete and geno stinks then ok, but we don't.

a rookie with no receivers or dominate run game sucking?

What else could he do?

He had to force passes no 1 was open and we needed points.

I think Geno will have a very good year. He was awesome the last few games of the year and seemed to really click. Get him some good receivers and I think he can be a top 10 QB this year.

You guys are clueless with this idea that Eugene clicked in the last quarter of the year.   3 of the 4 teams the Jets played against were really mediocre...Miami (8-8), Oak (4-12)  and Cleveland (4-12). Not exactly stellar defenses. The one team in that quarter that was playoff bound...the  Panthers (12-4)....

In that game he was 15 for 28 ...53%   167 yrds passing  1 TD 1 Int - WOW Yippie Yahoooeee.  Overall in the last quarter his completion rate was around 55% threw for 4 td's and 3 int's. and 790 yards total ..about 200 yrds a game.  Sorry but that is really not awesome - more like a poor man's pedestrian stat sheet. 

You guys are clueless with this idea that Eugene clicked in the last quarter of the year.   3 of the 4 teams the Jets played against were really mediocre...Miami (8-8), Oak (4-12)  and Cleveland (4-12). Not exactly stellar defenses. The one team in that quarter that was playoff bound...the  Panthers (12-4)....

In that game he was 15 for 28 ...53%   167 yrds passing  1 TD 1 Int - WOW Yippie Yahoooeee.  Overall in the last quarter his completion rate was around 55% threw for 4 td's and 3 int's. and 790 yards total ..about 200 yrds a game.  Sorry but that is really not awesome - more like a poor man's pedestrian stat sheet.

3 of the 4 mediocre? you mean 3 of the 4 were awful. Combined, their record was 16-32, or about .334. They were awful. Your too kind my friend when assessing Geno.

No qb can win with nothing, it's no excuse it's a reason.

If we have a team in place that is ready to compete and geno stinks then ok, but we don't.

What else could he do?

He had to force passes no 1 was open and we needed points.

Uh Ivory is considered Beast II. We had the 6th best running attack in football.  What are you talking about? He forced passes because he cant read a defense to save his life. He has horrible footwork, a long winded delivery, and has a lousy sense of the pocket.  That's why Marty told him to RUN in the last quarter of the year, because he is terrible going through his progressions.      

You guys are clueless with this idea that Eugene clicked in the last quarter of the year. 3 of the 4 teams the Jets played against were really mediocre...Miami (8-8), Oak (4-12) and Cleveland (4-12). Not exactly stellar defenses. The one team in that quarter that was playoff bound...the Panthers (12-4)....

In that game he was 15 for 28 ...53% 167 yrds passing 1 TD 1 Int - WOW Yippie Yahoooeee. Overall in the last quarter his completion rate was around 55% threw for 4 td's and 3 int's. and 790 yards total ..about 200 yrds a game. Sorry but that is really not awesome - more like a poor man's pedestrian stat sheet.

Haters gonna hate!

.....and it may be legit, but it also may not be....

And me saying, "Geno IS going to be awesome!"...would be as dumb as you saying, "Geno IS going to be terrible!"

Lets take a look at some good qb's and their rookie seasons, shall we...

E. Manning - 48.2 comp % - 115.9 yds/game

D. Bledsoe - 49.9 comp % - 191.8 yds/game

T. Aikman - 52.9 159.0

D. McNabb - 49.1 79.0

R. Cunningham - 42.0 91.3

J. Elway - 47.5 151.2

P.Simms - 50.6 145.3

Oh and your favorite and mine!

J. Namath - 48.2 170.8

Yeah Yeah, times and rules and gameplans have changed...gotcha!

But fact is Geno does possess some positive attributes that give him the slightest benefit of the doubt

Ok if youre like...."ummmm, not to sure about Geno"....granted,

But your lowest QBR Genos horrible and always will be schtik SUCKS!

Answer this...

If hes good next year, will you root for him?

And me saying, "Geno IS going to be awesome!"...would be as dumb as you saying, "Geno IS going to be terrible!"

T. Aikman - 52.9 159.0

D. McNabb - 49.1 79.0

J. Elway - 47.5 151.2

P.Simms - 50.6 145.3

J. Namath - 48.2 170.8

But fact is Geno does possess some positive attributes that give him the slightest benefit of the doubt

Answer this...

Answer this...

No. Because there is more to being a QB than being 'good'  there's leadership, style, moxie, intelligence, class, humility, grit...he has none of these qualities. 

Answer this...

No. Because there is more to being a QB than being 'good' there's leadership, style, moxie, intelligence, class, humility, grit...he has none of these qualities.

Grreeaattt!!!

Look forward to you trolling harder.

Answer this...

No. Because there is more to being a QB than being 'good' there's leadership, style, moxie, intelligence, class, humility, grit...he has none of these qualities.

I'll take tacos over collard greens any day of the week.

And exactly which one of these qualities do you possess?

Uh Ivory is considered Beast II. We had the 6th best running attack in football. What are you talking about? He forced passes because he cant read a defense to save his life. He has horrible footwork, a long winded delivery, and has a lousy sense of the pocket. That's why Marty told him to RUN in the last quarter of the year, because he is terrible going through his progressions.

BEAST 2!

WHO THE HELL CALLED HIM THAT?

if ivory was so good or our run game was so good why did no jet on offense make the pro bowl but mangold as a RESERVE?

why didn't ivory put up a thousand then?

Please!

Ivory is average at best, he could be better in the future but last year he was average.

And his best games came off terrible run defenses.

Geno can only get better. But he needs a better team to do it!

Successful qb's need blocking catching and defense to win rings, or at lease 2 of the 3.

Brady has 3 rings that came with run games, and defense, and his receivers weren't amazing but they got the job done.

Unlike here.

Geno's turnovers from his ROOKIE SEASON gave him that qbr, and his t/o & qbr was the only terrible stats he had. Peyton had more as a rookie, now look. It a f#cking rookie season. Namath had more when he won the superbowl for christ sake. From geno's stats look at our record, when he stops the turn overs then imagine how many more wins he'll have!

BEAST 2!

WHO THE HELL CALLED HIM THAT?

if ivory was so good or our run game was so good why did no jet on offense make the pro bowl but mangold as a RESERVE?

why didn't ivory put up a thousand then?

Please!

Ivory is average at best, he could be better in the future but last year he was average.

And his best games came off terrible run defenses.

Geno can only get better. But he needs a better team to do it!

Successful qb's need blocking catching and defense to win rings, or at lease 2 of the 3.

Brady has 3 rings that came with run games, and defense, and his receivers weren't amazing but they got the job done.

Unlike here.

Geno's turnovers from his ROOKIE SEASON gave him that qbr, and his t/o & qbr was the only terrible stats he had. Peyton had more as a rookie, now look. It a f#cking rookie season. Namath had more when he won the superbowl for christ sake. From geno's stats look at our record, when he stops the turn overs then imagine how many more wins he'll have!

Ivory (Beast II) this was said many times by announcers.....he didn't run for 1000 because for several games he had only a handful of carries due to injuries and he shared the position with Powell 176 carries  Ivory 182 carries . how can you not know that?  

T. Aikman - 52.9 159.0

D. McNabb - 49.1 79.0

J. Elway - 47.5 151.2

P.Simms - 50.6 145.3

J. Namath - 48.2 170.8

Answer this...

Of course I'll root for him. I rooted for him this year. I rooted for Browning Nagle, Mark Sanchez, Tay Lucas, etc. That doesn't make them any good just because we root for them NOW granted, a lot of of it was rooting for them to decide to take up another sport like Bowling, or rooting for them to be honest with the coach, and ask to be benched etc. but I was still rooting.

I'll root for Geno, but I will also tear him a new one, the moment he goes Sanchez on us.

I was in the same boat with Sanchez after his FIRST year, I hated him then and wanted them to move on, just like I am here now with GENO. I may be wrong, but I also think that Geno could actually end up worse than Sanchez and that's scary.

Brad Johnson?

It was a very similar statement to this that made me tolerate Sanchez a couple more games than I shouldve!...Heaven help us! Lol

When we are hoping that our QB is at least as serviceable as Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer, then it is merely another case of BEATEN DOWN JET FANS, willing to accept complete mediocrity.

It happened with our current coach, where we had Bruce Coslet, Charlie Winner, Lou Holtz, Rich Kotite etc. so with our current coach being a .500 coach, beaten down Jet fans put the guy on a pedestal, and cant wait for him to be voted into the HOF, when in reality, he is completely mediocre.

In the last quarter of the season his comp% was 58.6, and he threw for 4 TDs and 2 ints. His passer rating was 83.6 over that time. He also rushed for 186 yards and three more TDs in those four games. If he was as bad as you say, you wouldn't have to exaggerate his numbers down.

You will all see...Eugene is a worse option than Sanchez....if Eugene is allowed to 'mature' be prepared for 4-5 years of utter mediocrity.

Not one single person is advocating anything like this. The "all" of us that you're ranting at doesn't exist. The Jets spent a second rounder on him, they're not married to him at the position they way they were to #5 overall Sanchez. They're going to bring in a QB or two this year and there's going to be competition. If that competition doesn't yield a starting QB, they'll do it again next year.

In the meantime, the Jets have the worst group of receivers in the NFL, and that's before they cut Santonio Holmes. They need to get better there for Geno or the QB who takes his place.

I can't stand. When people start comparing mannings rookie year to someone else . Peyton's rookie year was terriable but if u watched him you saw that he was going to be good . Just like luck you saw how great he's going to be . And I don't remember Peyton look as bad as smith did in the Miami game !

I can't stand. When people start comparing mannings rookie year to someone else . Peyton's rookie year was terriable but if u watched him you saw that he was going to be good . Just like luck you saw how great he's going to be . And I don't remember Peyton look as bad as smith did in the Miami game !

I have said the EXACT thing you have posted many times, and the last time I posted it, Sperm Edwards ripped me a new one.

My exact thought was as you wrote it, you could just watch, Manning ,Elway, Luck etc. and juts knew that no matter how terrible they looked early in their careers, that they were the real deal.

The exact opposite of course was SANCHEZ where you could see mistakes that he made , that you knew were incurable and they were, same watching Geno.

OK, Sperm, have at it.

I have said the EXACT thing you have posted many times, and the last time I posted it, Sperm Edwards ripped me a new one.

My exact thought was as you wrote it, you could just watch, Manning ,Elway, Luck etc. and juts knew that no matter how terrible they looked early in their careers, that they were the real deal.

The exact opposite of course was SANCHEZ where you could see mistakes that he made , that you knew were incurable and they were, same watching Geno.

OK, Sperm, have at it.

Well there are a few of us who don't just look at stats and actually watch football games to get an opinion . I'm not saying he's terriable and prob will be our starting qb but he's not manning! For all those people who argue that he's a top ten qb. Look at the top ten qbs and which team would trade you there qb for smith !

Well there are a few of us who don't just look at stats and actually watch football games to get an opinion . I'm not saying he's terriable and prob will be our starting qb but he's not manning! For all those people who argue that he's a top ten qb. Look at the top ten qbs and which team would trade you there qb for smith !

The guy who said he could be top 10 was simply using hyperbole to make a ridiculous point, that all of a sudden, Smith was going to progress into a legitimate Franchise QB. He really didn't believe it, and if he did, then he must have thought the same about Sanchez after his 1st year.

After his first year, I don't think too many people thought Eli Manning would win two Super Bowls.  Fact is, the Giants went out and got Plaxico Burress to help bring him along because Eli was clearly lost down there.  Heck, after his third year every tabloid in New York was screaming that the great New York Manning Experiment was officially a failure and it was time for the Giants to cut free from Eli before the bum turned into another Ryan Leaf disaster.

You send the kid out there with no quick back in the Leon/LaDainian mold and the worst receiving corps I ever saw assembled on a pro team-and that was before all the injuries.  Then you say-okay, tryout over, Geno's not a starter.  I don't think so.

In the last quarter of the season his comp% was 58.6, and he threw for 4 TDs and 2 ints. His passer rating was 83.6 over that time. He also rushed for 186 yards and three more TDs in those four games. If he was as bad as you say, you wouldn't have to exaggerate his numbers down.

Not one single person is advocating anything like this. The "all" of us that you're ranting at doesn't exist. The Jets spent a second rounder on him, they're not married to him at the position they way they were to #5 overall Sanchez. They're going to bring in a QB or two this year and there's going to be competition. If that competition doesn't yield a starting QB, they'll do it again next year.

In the meantime, the Jets have the worst group of receivers in the NFL, and that's before they cut Santonio Holmes. They need to get better there for Geno or the QB who takes his place.

Funny how you left out he threw for ONLY about 200 yrds a game in that last quarter which is pretty pathetic in this day of the NFL. And against putrid defenses at that.  And he ran and ran and ran because he is so inept going thru his progressions. He will get CLOCKED soon.  He is not as agile as Wilson, Kapernick, Griffin..he's not even as quick as Luck.  Eugene is all HYPE...don't believe the hype.  I hope you are right regarding this QB competition.  It all depends on who Idzik brings in.  If he signs Henne and drafts a sleeper qb in round 6, then it wont be much of a competition and just a smoke screen to validate picking Eugene with the 2nd round pick.  Personally I don't care who he beats out, I cant stand him either way.  I don't like his style, his attitude, his game, his persona.  He has nothing to say other than " I gotta play better". No sh*t Sherlock.  I cant stand this egomaniac.  He is as selfish as they come. 

Funny how you left out he threw for ONLY about 200 yrds a game in that last quarter which is pretty pathetic in this day of the NFL. And against putrid defenses at that.  And he ran and ran and ran because he is so inept going thru his progressions. He will get CLOCKED soon.  He is not as agile as Wilson, Kapernick, Griffin..he's not even as quick as Luck.  Eugene is all HYPE...don't believe the hype.  I hope you are right regarding this QB competition.  It all depends on who Idzik brings in.  If he signs Henne and drafts a sleeper qb in round 6, then it wont be much of a competition and just a smoke screen to validate picking Eugene with the 2nd round pick.  Personally I don't care who he beats out, I cant stand him either way.  I don't like his style, his attitude, his game, his persona.  He has nothing to say other than " I gotta play better". No sh*t Sherlock.  I cant stand this egomaniac.  He is as selfish as they come. 

Ozzie is bringing it. No beating around the bush. Bravo.

Archived