Video of Ray Rice dragging unconscious gf out of AC elevator

nj meadowlands

Pressing charges or not pressing charges doesn't determine whether or not she's a victim. Knuckles to the mouth does.

Incorrect. If I consent, it is not a crime. I could let you punch me all day long if I'm ok with it.

Domestic violence victims can be like drug addicts. They do, at times, need help breaking away. Intervention. Fear and dependency own them.

That sure is reading alot and making alot of assumptions about someone you do not know in any way shape or form.

Maybe she consented because she wanted the money. Thats her right too. Or she really forgave him. Also her right. Or because Rice really isn't that person, has never done it before and she believes will never do it again. Also her right. Or (horrificly unpopular thought to so many) she DOES know she goaded him into it, which absolutely can happen when both parties are falling down drunk. etc. etc. etc.

Drug addicts and domestic violence recipients who continue to use drugs or stay with their abusers are not victims.

I know more than enough, more than I ever wanted to, about both.

No I'm not trolling and no I'm not seeking a moral high ground.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By WaffleFish's logic... If you were to be out and about, and notice a guy slapping around his wife, or son/daughter, or maybe someone being attacked... the right thing to do would be to make sure they are both men, or both women, before helping... and if not, then simply explain to them that there's nothing you can do to help because you believe in gender equality.

LMFAO

Did someone say "straw man"?

Lol.

As a general rule, I don't go rushing into likely domestic disputes looking to beat up one or the other party as their shining white knight, man and woman or man and man or woman and woman.

Thats why we have cops.

And yes, if you think Rice should be banned, and others who were convicted of similar levels of assault on men should not, you are a sexists, a mysogynist and a hypocrite.  You judge the crime purely by the gender of the peopel involved, thats textbook ffs.

Incorrect. If I consent, it is not a crime. I could let you punch me all day long if I'm ok with it.

That sure is reading alot and making alot of assumptions about someone you do not know in any way shape or form.

Maybe she consented because she wanted the money. Thats her right too. Or she really forgave him. Also her right. Or because Rice really isn't that person, has never done it before and she believes will never do it again. Also her right. Or (horrificly unpopular thought to so many) she DOES know she goaded him into it, which absolutely can happen when both parties are falling down drunk. etc. etc. etc.

Drug addicts and domestic violence recipients who continue to use drugs or stay with their abusers are not victims.

I know more than enough, more than I ever wanted to, about both.

No I'm not trolling and no I'm not seeking a moral high ground.

Whatever.

I don't have enough "outrage" to keep going back and forth with you about this. I don't think you are being very self-aware about the position you are taking here. I don't think you are being fair to the other participants in this thread suggesting racism (lynching, really?) and sexism or a level of outrage that just isn't here. 

Did someone say "straw man"?

Lol.

As a general rule, I don't go rushing into likely domestic disputes looking to beat up one or the other party as their shining white knight, man and woman or man and man or woman and woman.

Thats why we have cops.

And yes, if you think Rice should be banned, and others who were convicted of similar levels of assault on men should not, you are a sexists, a mysogynist and a hypocrite.  You judge the crime purely by the gender of the peopel involved, thats textbook ffs.

That wasn't a counter-argument, that was mockery of your logic. The argument is most a non-argument. Nobody here is outraged, or sexist, or e-lynching anyone, your entire premise built around us saying and doing things that we aren't. You are exaggerating what is actually being discussed in order to fit it into your narrative, and your narrative is propped up on an illogical premise.

I really don't know what else to tell you. Go bite a fart?

Integrity28 : "Vin made a comment, that came across as victim-blaming, which got people uppity for good reason." *

Got YOU and gEYno uppity, you mean.   side.gif

I saw no one else go all ballistic and overreactive.

You two took what I said as "victim-blaming" which simply means you twisted whatever I said into something you THINK I meant.

(*note : I only saw this part 'cause Warfish quoted you)

Integrity28 : "Vin made a comment, that came across as victim-blaming, which got people uppity for good reason." *

Got YOU and gEYno uppity, you mean. side.gif

I saw no one else go all ballistic and overreactive.

You two took what I said as "victim-blaming" which simply means you twisted whatever I said into something you THINK I meant.

(*note : I only saw this part 'cause Warfish quoted you)

You are ******* stupid .

Archived