NFL expected to adopt 15-yard penalty for use of N-word on the field

CTM

I read this whole thread. I hate that I did.

I don't know how you really enforce this. "15 yard penalty..." for? ... unsportsman like conduct? acting racist? inappropriate language? what if the ref just THOUGHT he heard it and the player was saying something else?

all this said, the times are changing. the NFL is larger than life and the internet allows for things to go viral. the NFL is trying to clean up it's image because with all the access everyone has now, it's easy to see what a bunch of f*cking idiots NFL players usually are. and you can't play both sides of it. it can't be a regular business when you cut players and not a regular business when they put certain policies in place. if it's a business, it's a business all the time. in most businesses, if you use that kind of language in most businesses, you're penalized/fired. if the NFL is trying to better its image, they're going to try to be more like a run of the mill business.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this whole thread. I hate that I did.

I don't know how you really enforce this. "15 yard penalty..." for? ... unsportsman like conduct? acting racist? inappropriate language? what if the ref just THOUGHT he heard it and the player was saying something else?

all this said, the times are changing. the NFL is larger than life and the internet allows for things to go viral. the NFL is trying to clean up it's image because with all the access everyone has now, it's easy to see what a bunch of f*cking idiots NFL players usually are. and you can't play both sides of it. it can't be a regular business when you cut players and not a regular business when they put certain policies in place. if it's a business, it's a business all the time. in most businesses, if you use that kind of language in most businesses, you're penalized/fired. if the NFL is trying to better its image, they're going to try to be more like a run of the mill business.

save the whales!

Archived