Potential WR Emmanuel Sanders Contract

joewilly12

Well, in my scenario he would be traded away.  So.....

David Nelson is 6'5

Cumberland is 6'4

and Sudfeld is 6'7

How many red-zone targets do we need if we never get there in the first place? 

With CBs and Safetys getting bigger faster and stronger you need a few WRs over 6' who like to brawl for the ball.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Nicks and Decker are #1s and Britt and Tate have the potential to be #1s

Britt had that potential for the last four or five years, he's just incapable of realizing it.  Also, Golden Tate is 5'10, doesn't that go against your whole "Short receivers can't be a true #1" philosophy??

Britt had that potential for the last four or five years, he's just incapable of realizing it.  Also, Golden Tate is 5'10, doesn't that go against your whole "Short receivers can't be a true #1" philosophy??

Yes I made a mistake on Tate too short for a #1.

I think "number one receiver" is becoming one of those terms that is completely overused.

I agree.  Most teams don't have a legit #1 guy or they don't have a HOF like QB.    You look at Manning & Brady and they get the ball to whoever the hell plays for them, doesn't really matter.  And they get the ball to every RB, WR, TE, and more.    Rodgers is another guy like that.      Yeah they have good WRs/TEs now and again, but most of those teams also have other guys that catch 60+ passes.   They have RBs or TEs that'll catch a ton of passes or TDs.  

The Jets have a QB who stunk most of last year and who knows if he'll be any good.   They have no WRs, TEs. RBs that can do much to actually win a game.   Decker isn't the best WR ever, but with a good QB throwing to him, he can make a difference.   A guy like Tate might be similar.  But neither are going to be a Roy Williams or Larry Fitzgerald.      

We've seen teams give ok WRs big contracts and those guys just bombed.   I sure wouldn't say Mike Wallace was that great of a pickup for the Dolphins considering what they paid for him.   I fear the Jets might be in a similar situation if they sign a guy like Decker to some big contract.  He might make some plays now and again, but he sure won't be worth 60 million.

I think "number one receiver" is becoming one of those terms that is completely overused.

I think of it like this, the league has become such that you might not need a 1A guy to win it all (Megatron).  But you need two 2's in that case.  The Jets depth chart starts off with a # 3 Kerley.  So they need to add two guys in front of him. 

It would be great if the Jets had two guys that you could debate if one would be a #1 if the other guy didn't exist.  Unfortunately...the Jets are pretty far removed from that point.

I think of it like this, the league has become such that you might not need a 1A guy to win it all (Megatron).  But you need two 2's in that case.  The Jets depth chart starts off with a # 3 Kerley.  So they need to add two guys in front of him. 

It would be great if the Jets had two guys that you could debate if one would be a #1 if the other guy didn't exist.  Unfortunately...the Jets are pretty far removed from that point.

Exactly. I think you can live without a "number one" if you have three guys that can get open. Even someone that is not a "game changer" like Kerley actually was because his absence certainly changed Smith's game.

Archived