The next QUARTERBACK of the NY Jets - Jimmy Garoppolo

fishing92070

With a draft this rich in QB's, they better draft one.  Hopefully this one.  If they don't draft one it will show just how inept the organization is,

Many things are in flux with the Jets 2014 draft but one guarantee I can make is they will 100% spend one of those 12 picks on a QB.

If I'm taking a QB who's not going to start this year, just give me Mettenberger, the guy with the prototypical size and arm.  More likely than not, no QB drafted outside of the first round, even then, is not going to beat out a Geno Smith who's already had one year working in this offense.  I'd love for someone to outplay Geno and take the job, I just find it unrealistic that a rookie is going to come in, learn how to deal with the NFL, learn a brand new offense and outperform someone who was making strides toward the end of the year.  I'd love that guy to be Zach, or anyone, just not sure I see it happening.  

If I'm taking a QB who's not going to start this year, just give me Mettenberger, the guy with the prototypical size and arm.  More likely than not, no QB drafted outside of the first round, even then, is not going to beat out a Geno Smith who's already had one year working in this offense.  I'd love for someone to outplay Geno and take the job, I just find it unrealistic that a rookie is going to come in, learn how to deal with the NFL, learn a brand new offense and outperform someone who was making strides toward the end of the year.  I'd love that guy to be Zach, or anyone, just not sure I see it happening.  

No really, the guy from Cornell has everything but a good 40 time. 

That said, Geno has got this. 

If his brother wasn't ruined by a brand new franchise and a piss-poor oline, we wouldn't even be thinking about any other QB than Derek Carr.  The whole "he's not good under pressure" thing is so overblown.  Carr is going to be an animal for some lucky team.  otherwise Jimmy G. gets my vote.  Mettenburger next.

Funniest post of the year!  I mean you really should quit your day job and take up comedy!

If you use the YouTube "Share" link it embeds automatically.   :)

Damn this kid can make all the throws. He makes it look so easy.  We would have to trade up to get him in round 2.  there are 5 teams that may pick a QB in the first 2 rounds and they all pick before we do.  I predict Garrapolo will go in round 2 to either the Raiders or the Vikings.  We would have to trade up to get him. Just do it!  

Houston - Bortles

Jaguars - Manziel

Browns - Bridgewater

Raiders - Carr

Vikings - ?

If I am the Jets I trade back from 18 to the mid 20's pick up another 2nd rounder and draft Jimmy in the first. Then us my two 2nds on the best WR and TE available. Or maybe two WR. Jimmy will not get past the Texans in round 2 because they are taking Clowny with their 1. Mark it!

If I am the Jets I trade back from 18 to the mid 20's pick up another 2nd rounder and draft Jimmy in the first. Then us my two 2nds on the best WR and TE available. Or maybe two WR. Jimmy will not get past the Texans in round 2 because they are taking Clowny with their 1. Mark it!

Brilliant!  Trade back with 49ers and get their pick #30 and an additional 3rd rounder.  With the 30th pick - Jimmy Garrapolo.  Then we would have a 2nd rounder (Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA)   and THREE 3rd rounders   Deone Bucannon, S,  Jarvis Landry*, WR, C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE.  

Without a doubt Garrapolo will be gone early in round 2 to one of these teams who do not pick a QB in round 1.... Houston, Jaguars, Browns, Raiders, or Vikings.  

Brilliant!  Trade back with 49ers and get their pick #30 and an additional 3rd rounder.  With the 30th pick - Jimmy Garrapolo.  Then we would have a 2nd rounder (Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA)   and THREE 3rd rounders   Deone Bucannon, S,  Jarvis Landry*, WR, C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE.  

Without a doubt Garrapolo will be gone early in round 2 to one of these teams who do not pick a QB in round 1.... Houston, Jaguars, Browns, Raiders, or Vikings.  

Niners have two picks in both the 2nd and 3rd round this year. (30, 56, 61, 77, 94)

We have (18, 49, 80, *). 

http://www.gbnreport.com/picksbyteam.html

If we're sliding from 18 to 30, I would want more compensation than just an additional third rounder. 

Archived