I just want the draft to happen already, with that said...Jets Picks and Moves.

BroadwayJets

With the incredible depth of wide receivers coming up in this draft I like to think if we pass on a wide receiver on the first pick, that might leave another greatly talented receiver to go undrafted until our 2nd round pick. Assuming Buffalo is going to franchise tag or resign byrd, I wouldn't mind us going after a dominant safety. If this was the case, I would personally like to see us snag Clinton-Dix, and have former teammate Dee milliner improve even more than he did the last few games of the season. That would really solidify our defense. There's a lot of talk of Marqise lee, I personally don't see Idzik going after him. I will say he's incredibly talented, but I don't believe that it would be the best move for us. If Mike Evans is available, I say take him. If not, I'd rather wait on a Jordan Matthews or Brandin Cooks in the second round and use our 1st pick wiser. I say pass on Lee.

*Sammy Watkins will obviously not be available unless we trade up, which I don't see happening.

I wouldn't mind a tight end either but again I'd rather use our first pick wiser.  I used to be a huge fan of Ebron, but after watching game footage of seeing that his hands are not the greatest, i'd rather allow the giants to take him and not get upset/have him suck. Also he isn't that great at blocking, and there are a few better blocking tight ends with better hands than him. There is also pretty good depth at the tight end position. 

OL: Before I say draft a OL, I'd wait until free agency to see if we could resign Howard, and Colon to a smaller deal.

DE/OLB: I'd wait on this until later rounds in the draft, if we cannot draft Pace/switch to a 4-3, trade up and grab Jadaveon Clowney. This will not happen but I'd be all for it. 

RB: Ivory is a health risk but a solid rb. Powell, I do believe can continue to be a nice #2, but I wouldn't be against us drafting a RB in the 4th round. 

*Don't know how accurate this is, but I heard Jets were looking at Ben Tate. Not too crazy about it, but probably couldn't hurt us to have another Ivory (in terms of health risk and potential).

QB: Keep Geno as the starter, but I say 5th round grab the best QB available, because ya never know. Drop Sanchez.

FA WR: James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Riley Cooper. If we can get one of these guys, I'd be a happy camper.

*all #2s. Stay away from Decker.

Wilk: Use some of the extra cap money everyone has and sign wilk to an extension. Need it. 

Cromartie: Obviously we cannot restructure Crom's contract, he's gone. Crom loves the Jets and has said he'd take a pay cut to stay, but how much is the question. if not... CB: Take 2nd Round

Folk: Resign

S: Again, if Byrd does get resigned/franchise tagged, and Mike Evans is gone, I say go Clinton-Dix or Pryor. If not I like Delmas as a possible FA signing. 

I like your style.   Don't agree on everything, but appreciate the thought and time you put in.  

I think you can get a #1 WR in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.  rare, but beneficial for us.

I think trading back is the smartest thing any top 20 picking team can do...which is what will make it hard to, unfortunately.

I think OL and OLB need to be addressed before WR this year, simply due to the glut of talent at WR....its a crapshoot any way.

I think QB is your pick if one of the top three fall to 18 (Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr).

I think Garrapolo or Mettenberger fall to the 4th, and become a steal.

I think a RB in the 2nd round gets you a mighty beast.

I think CB and Safety are best filled with FA's.

I think Chris Borland will be Luke Keukly light, and make to the fifth round due to short arms.

I think Idzik loads up on late round tackles since the other positions are so overvalued in this draft

I think a receiving RB is going to be a Jets priority...Extra kudos for PR and KR ability

I think the Jets will be stuck with Cumberland and maybe even the mad fapper at TE this year.

I think Idzik will make this the season to put his own stamp on.  

That's what I think

I like your style.   Don't agree on everything, but appreciate the thought and time you put in.  

I think you can get a #1 WR in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.  rare, but beneficial for us.

I think trading back is the smartest thing any top 20 picking team can do...which is what will make it hard to, unfortunately.

I think OL and OLB need to be addressed before WR this year, simply due to the glut of talent at WR....its a crapshoot any way.

I think QB is your pick if one of the top three fall to 18 (Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr).

I think Chris Borland will be Luke Keukly light, and make to the fifth round due to short arms.

I think Idzik loads up on late round tackles since the other positions are so overvalued in this draft

I think a receiving RB is going to be a Jets priority...Extra kudos for PR and KR ability

I think the Jets will be stuck with Cumberland and maybe even the mad fapper at TE this year.

That's what I think

Man how sweet would it be if Mack or Matthews fell to 18 somehow? Pipe dream.

That's what I think

Thanks, couldn't be more true with the 2nd round rbs and the receiving back. I wouldn't go QB first round but i agree with Garropolo and mettenberger in the 4th. Both steals.

According to Ian Rapoport the Jets indeed have interest in Vick. Wouldn't mind him as a back up honestly. He's familiar with MM's west coast offense and can be a threat to Geno in a competition.

I sort of agree, but if geno slips up and doesn't improve and we make vick the starter, it's just a matter of time before he gets hurt. I say if we go veteran, we go McCown

Thanks, couldn't be more true with the 2nd round rbs and the receiving back. I wouldn't go QB first round but i agree with Garropolo and mettenberger in the 4th. Both steals.

Would be a steal.

Former Colts GM Bill Polian projects Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo as a first-round pick.

It's unclear if that means Polian believes Garoppolo is deserving of a first-round pick, or will be a first-rounder. Either way, it's a fanciful prediction from the man who oversaw the decline of the Colts. Standing in at 6-foot-2, 219 pounds, Garoppolo has been praised for his footwork and release, but faces major questions about his arm strength. He's generally considered a mid-round prospect. For what it's worth, CBS' Dane Brugler believes it's "possible" Garoppolo will be a first-rounder.

Would be a steal.

Former Colts GM Bill Polian projects Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo as a first-round pick.

It's unclear if that means Polian believes Garoppolo is deserving of a first-round pick, or will be a first-rounder. Either way, it's a fanciful prediction from the man who oversaw the decline of the Colts. Standing in at 6-foot-2, 219 pounds, Garoppolo has been praised for his footwork and release, but faces major questions about his arm strength. He's generally considered a mid-round prospect. For what it's worth, CBS' Dane Brugler believes it's "possible" Garoppolo will be a first-rounder.

Garoppolo's "rise" is an overreaction to draftniks finding out, after three months of guessing, that teams don't really like Manziel, Bridgewater, or Bortles all that much. Guys like Brugler, Rang, and Matt Miller don't find any of that out until the Combine when some actual low-level scouts throw them a bone.

Garoppolo's "rise" is an overreaction to draftniks finding out, after three months of guessing, that teams don't really like Manziel, Bridgewater, or Bortles all that much. Guys like Brugler, Rang, and Matt Miller don't find any of that out until the Combine when some actual low-level scouts throw them a bone.

tumblr_mpcrsy3KnT1swb8m1o1_500.gif

The overreaction on here is maddening. Draftniks =/ real scouts.  

I'd pass up on those three in the 1st round too. Even the Jets, I'm so against going after another qb this year. If geno throws 25 tds and only 15 picks i believe we win 10-11 games this year. But if he goes jackel and hyde again this year, next years the year for a qb. It is realistic for one or two of the qbs brightwater, manziel and bortles to fall back this year and I think we'd be better off trading those picks. I wouldn't want to follow the raiders footsteps and start drafting qb's 1st round every year and falling into the same pattern of them sucking.

it's questionable to me that this regime values the S position enough to make it a first round pick. Rex certainly doesn't give a crap about safeties. THis is a man who ran Jim Leonard out there and Eric Smith. All he wants the safeties to do is tackle. If the Jets go DB in rd 1 it's gonna be a corner. I agree with the need and it might be something we the fans want to happen but I don't see it. btw if there is a Rex safety in this draft its Calvin Pryor. hard hitting SS, Rex will start 2 of those guys. 

he played well at EW and senior bowl. The guy earned the rise with his quick release. 

According to Ian Rapoport the Jets indeed have interest in Vick. Wouldn't mind him as a back up honestly. He's familiar with MM's west coast offense and can be a threat to Geno in a competition.

Did he say the Jets were interested? Or just that the Jets are a potential landing spot for him? Seems to me there's a lot of speculation because Vick needs a new home and his old OC works for the Jets, so story-starved reporters are connecting dots.

I'd pass up on those three in the 1st round too. Even the Jets, I'm so against going after another qb this year. If geno throws 25 tds and only 15 picks i believe we win 10-11 games this year. But if he goes jackel and hyde again this year, next years the year for a qb. It is realistic for one or two of the qbs brightwater, manziel and bortles to fall back this year and I think we'd be better off trading those picks. I wouldn't want to follow the raiders footsteps and start drafting qb's 1st round every year and falling into the same pattern of them sucking.

I agree with you.

The Jets have a lot of needs here in the middle of a rebuild. Geno showed a little promise despite his abysmal surrounding cast, and that cast needs to be the focus this offseason. If Geno improves with improved talent around him, the Jets are in good shape. If he doesn't, the next Jets QB will be in better shape because they improved the talent around him.

They should upgrade Garrard and Simms, too, and I believe they will. They need to have at least one QB they can turn to if Geno needs to be benched again.

I agree with you.

The Jets have a lot of needs here in the middle of a rebuild. Geno showed a little promise despite his abysmal surrounding cast, and that cast needs to be the focus this offseason. If Geno improves with improved talent around him, the Jets are in good shape. If he doesn't, the next Jets QB will be in better shape because they improved the talent around him.

They should upgrade Garrard and Simms, too, and I believe they will. They need to have at least one QB they can turn to if Geno needs to be benched again.

Exactly, and that's why the raiders suck.

Also look at seattle. Wilson without his speed is only decent at best, but they probably still would have won the superbowl because of the team, not qb.  If we could get geno to play smart on a great team, which we have the capability to do, we should be tough competitors. 

Forget vick and 1st round qbs.

I'll bite.  Jets offense next year:

QB1 - Geno Smith

QB2 - Michael Vick (UFA)

RB1 - Chris Ivory

RB2 - Bilal Powell

RB3 - Lache Seastrunk (Rd.3)

WR1 - Marqise Lee (Rd. 1)

WR2 - Jeremy Kerley

WR3 - Emmanuel Sanders (UFA)

WR4 - Paul Richardson (Rd. 3)

WR5 - David Nelson

TE1 - Jeff Cumberland

TE2 - Brandon Pettigrew (UFA)

Offensive line:  Same as Week 17 last year

This supposes that we spend picks in Rds 2 (Kyle Van Noy) and 4 (Safety) on defense.

I'll bite.  Jets offense next year:

QB1 - Geno Smith

QB2 - Michael Vick (UFA)

RB1 - Chris Ivory

RB2 - Bilal Powell

RB3 - Lache Seastrunk (Rd.3)

WR1 - Marqise Lee (Rd. 1)

WR2 - Jeremy Kerley

WR3 - Emmanuel Sanders (UFA)

WR4 - Paul Richardson (Rd. 3)

WR5 - David Nelson

TE1 - Jeff Cumberland

TE2 - Brandon Pettigrew (UFA)

Offensive line:  Same as Week 17 last year

This supposes that we spend picks in Rds 2 (Kyle Van Noy) and 4 (Safety) on defense.

This would be great except the tight end position. Can't do much of anything with that when Cumberlands our #1. We saw that this season. I think the way it'll play out, we draft a TE in the 2nd round. 

This years Class is absolutely LOADED:

Manziel

Bortles

Bridgewater

Carr

McCarron

Mettenberger

Murray

Garrapolo

Smith

Savage

Mathews

Renner

Boyd

Deep class with at least 3 franchise types, and probably 6 starters.

I see 13 names and not one of them a sure thing.  That is not loaded.  Tell me which ones are guaranteed to throw for 3,000 yards this year and that tells me all I need to know about this class.  A whole lot of projections and projects. 

I see 13 names and not one of them a sure thing.  That is not loaded.  Tell me which ones are guaranteed to throw for 3,000 yards this year and that tells me all I need to know about this class.  A whole lot of projections and projects. 

Guaranteed for 3000:

Manziel

Bortles

Bridgewater

Carr

Probably:

Mettenberger

McCarron

Garrapolo

Outside chance:

Murray

Smith

Boyd

I see 13 names and not one of them a sure thing. That is not loaded. Tell me which ones are guaranteed to throw for 3,000 yards this year and that tells me all I need to know about this class. A whole lot of projections and projects.

That's very subjective of you. Outside of Luck there hasn't been a sure thing in 10 years. Your expectations might not be realistic.

Archived