fishing92070

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets interested in Vick...

Jets interested in Schaub...

Jets interested in McCown...

Jets interview Bortles...

Nothing you hear this time of year should be taken too seriously. Most of you should know that by now. :)

Dude, get it straight.  The Jets are not "interested in McCown"  They are GOING HARD AFTER McCOWN!

I am already there Hess! So do you think Geno is the future too like the rest of these morons?

I'm not confident. He seemed to turn a slight corner last 4 games, I liked the way he held himself via demeanor wise post games whatnot. I like that he's a perfectionist and seems like he has that will to want to improve. His skill set makes me waver a bit. He's not physically imposing and his arm strength seems ok enough if he can turn the other things around. I don't like that he's seems more introverted than vocal leader. It really really threw up red flags for me with dick shots and the plane thing right after the season ended, right or wrong. Just don't get yourself into those spots. My biggest concern though was his inconsistent accuracy. I have te door half closed on him but I think it's unfair and unreasonable to completely shut it after one 8-8 rookie season. I think they need to find a QB in the draft 2nd-6th and bring in a vet to compete.

I'm not confident. He seemed to turn a slight corner last 4 games, I liked the way he held himself via demeanor wise post games whatnot. I like that he's a perfectionist and seems like he has that will to want to improve. His skill set makes me waver a bit. He's not physically imposing and his arm strength seems ok enough if he can turn the other things around. I don't like that he's seems more introverted than vocal leader. It really really threw up red flags for me with dick shots and the plane thing right after the season ended, right or wrong. Just don't get yourself into those spots. My biggest concern though was his inconsistent accuracy. I have te door half closed on him but I think it's unfair and unreasonable to completely shut it after one 8-8 rookie season. I think they need to find a QB in the draft 2nd-6th and bring in a vet to compete.

It wasn't his demeanor or the results I liked the last four games, it was that he was throwing the ball.  Not pussyfooting around and then flippping it or nervously waiting for something to do with it.  The Raider game in particular, there were a couple of outs that could/should have been picked, but he just kept firing.  In earlier games he seemed to go into a shell and stop driving the ball.  

OK use of morons here gets you a  15 day suspension- new rule to be adopted by jetnation board

Use of morons 15 day suspension.  Being a moron, heartily encouraged!

As far as I'm aware, the Jets did not make any blockbuster trade for RG III.

Oh OK, I thought it was that there were no Blockbuster trades, period. You meant the Jets? My bad.

When really have we made a "blockbuster trade"? I don't think we have. We moved up for Sanchez, but that really wasn't a blockbuster.

Have we ever? I'm not sure.

Oh OK, I thought it was that there were no Blockbuster trades, period. You meant the Jets? My bad.

When really have we made a "blockbuster trade"? I don't think we have. We moved up for Sanchez, but that really wasn't a blockbuster.

Have we ever? I'm not sure.

Mark Sanchez, for how highly he was rated, was absolute Larceny on Tanny's behalf, but you're right, I can't put my finger on a blockbuster trade we've made. Then again, there only seems to be one every handful of years or so, so it's not too surprising we haven't been involved in one in recent memory.

Mark Sanchez, for how highly he was rated, was absolute Larceny on Tanny's behalf, but you're right, I can't put my finger on a blockbuster trade we've made. Then again, there only seems to be one every handful of years or so, so it's not too surprising we haven't been involved in one in recent memory.

Yeah, the ones that come to mind are obviously:

Elway forcing the Colts to trade

The Herschel Walker trade

The Ditka, Ricky Williams trade

The RGIII trade up

Others?

Not too big. They'd just need to be true to their draft board. If a QB drops that they love, they should pounce. If it's a QB they don't love, and have other prospects rated above him, they should pass.

This is an interesting draft with two or three QBs seen as potential top five picks, yet no consensus on which one is the best. I think the speculation will be all over the place with these guys over the next couple months. Carr's a guy who I could see drop into the second round pretty easily.

It's big if they have Carr as, say, their 15th guy and, say, Clinton-Dix as their 14th guy.

the Jets play Minnesota, Oakland, Buffalo 2x and Tennessee next year. all could be targeting Bortles.  That's why they are meeting him. Because it will be a scouting report they will need .

Meeting with a prospect in the uneventful scenario in which he falls to you is far more likely than hoping a 30 minute interview prior to him taking an NFL snap will somehow get you a head start on scouting him on the off chance that you play him next year. 

Archived