Revis on the block?

Matt39

Revis and a hopefully much improved Milliner, Wilson in the slot, send Cro packing for good. Then if Byrd is not franchised grab him and instantly have the top Defense in the NFL and use all your draft picks on Offense with still a decent amount of Money to spend on the OL and WR in FA and we would be in pretty good shape moving forward.

Lets face it Rex Likes his defensive backs and having a dominant Secondary allows him to get creative at the LOS something hes had to back off of the last few years since the numbers seem to Show Rex backing off the blitz more and more each year

Revis Byrd Allen Reed Milliner Wilson would be pretty formidable a group IMO and should leave plenty of FA money to spend on the offense along with a nice amount of draft picks.

Makes sense, we need to go in with FA playmakers on defense, draft offense, but I can't see revis

coming back, he really just got a one year deal last season, he's worth the most to a team he

puts over the top, his greed really scares people, his injury puts him at risk and he always wants

more more more! I would make a habit of drafting a couple corners every year in the back end of the

draft, it would be nice to get some talented rookies on rookie deals.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the only way Revis  moves.

It would be so cool if Revis came back for 8-9 million

funny part is i'm sure the jets would've given him the $12M a year with a lot of that guaranteed had he stayed. so his quest for the money-per-year crown actually cost him $$$. priceless!

Rumors circulating that the Pats are considering a Revis trade, and that the Bucs want a third rounder.

And to think, just a year ago there were people around here adamant in their beliefs that the Jets got screwed by "only" getting a 1st and 3rd/4th for the guy.  I can only imagine if the Jets had kept him and he were now a pending UFA.

And to think, just a year ago there were people around here adamant in their beliefs that the Jets got screwed by "only" getting a 1st and 3rd/4th for the guy.  I can only imagine if the Jets had kept him and he were now a pending UFA.

he would've held out long before becoming a UFA

Smart move when it's Tampa getting a very low 3rd for a 100% healthy Revis.  

Stupid move when it's the Jets getting a #13 overall pick and at worst a 4th round pick that isn't too much lower than the 3rd rounder Tampa would get from NE or Denver and when that trade is made while Revis is still 4-5 months away from being 75% healthy.

lol

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Bucs are "stepping up [their] efforts" to trade Darrelle Revis.

If GM Jason Licht wants to deal Revis, he'd likely prefer to do so ahead of March 13 when Revis is due a $1.5 million roster bonus. Tampa Bay could save $16 million against the cap by dealing Revis. We've officially entered crazy season in the NFL, with free agency set to kick off Tuesday, so we can't believe everything we hear. But this isn't the first time it's been reported that the Bucs are trying to trade their best player. The Bucs already need cornerback help, even with Revis.

Stupid move when it's the Jets getting a #13 overall pick and at worst a 4th round pick that isn't too much lower than the 3rd rounder Tampa would get from NE or Denver and when that trade is made while Revis is still 4-5 months away from being 75% healthy.

lol

It was a stupid move by Tampa.  As great as Revis is, he wasn't 100 percent healthy, he's never happy with his contract or situation,  and the Bucs were not that good of a team.  So trading for a guy, giving up a 1st rounder and a 3/4th rounder the following season was just stupid.  And it's why that regime is long gone.   The only good thing they did was the contract.

It was a good move on the Jets to get rid of him, but people thinking He's coming back for less money are out of their mind.   He's still a great player and now healthy again.   He doesn't need to beg the Jets for anything as many contending teams still want him and if they offer $12 million per year, he'd jump at that chance.

If you're great at what you do and still considered great and people want you,  you rarely go back to the organization who pretty much ran you out of town and you and the owner don't like one another.

lol

Preach on brother!

It was a stupid move by Tampa.  As great as Revis is, he wasn't 100 percent healthy, he's never happy with his contract or situation,  and the Bucs were not that good of a team.  So trading for a guy, giving up a 1st rounder and a 3/4th rounder the following season was just stupid.  And it's why that regime is long gone.   The only good thing they did was the contract.

It was a good move on the Jets to get rid of him, but people thinking He's coming back for less money are out of their mind.   He's still a great player and now healthy again.   He doesn't need to beg the Jets for anything as many contending teams still want him and if they offer $12 million per year, he'd jump at that chance.

If you're great at what you do and still considered great and people want you,  you rarely go back to the organization who pretty much ran you out of town and you and the owner don't like one another.

My post was more that I remember the attacks on the Jets for allowing Revis to go to another team for (what was considered) such low compensation.  And how Tampa fleeced the Jets with this move.

I'm sure, if Tampa trades Revis to anyone, it will be hailed as a smart move on Tampa's part because Revis is not worth $16M per year no matter how great he is.  It's the very reason we dumped him when we did; we knew Revis wanted this kind of deal and surely someone would give it to him (Tampa did even before the guy was able to practice with a team and was still finishing his rehab).  

We had a window of time, after which we would receive nothing in return.  Losing Revis, for the Jets, would coincide with this season of excesses in cap space, rendering the likelihood of recouping any compensatory draft picks as low.  So it was get a 1st and more from Tampa in April 2014 (and wipe the slate clean of his cap charges in that same roster-purging season), or get to use him for 1 more season on a non-winner, then take a $9M cap hit in 2015 after Revis opts out, and get nothing in return.  This was the situation and choice the Jets had.  It was obvious to most of us who were supportive of the trade.  Duh, everyone wanted Revis to play CB for the Jets forever.  As his demands made this unrealistic, Idzik smartly got the most he could while he could.  That he did it with only 1 serious suitor only makes the compensation that much more impressive.

No way the "Genius" Belicheat trades for Revis. Not his style. He likes bargains for the most part. Revis isn't giving any discounts if released so it's like trade n pay the 16 mil or wait till he is released n pay him around $12 mil. Either way, Pats can't afford it. Jets can but most likely won't.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up and how much of a pay cut he'll have to take.

He was really struggling at times last season and I don't think you can trust him with a best-in-the-league type deal. Hopefully he's put in his place and has to seriously drop his demands to make a team. In which case - Sign. This. Beast. 

back in Jets green,,he learned his lesson,  when he didnt see Revis Island on ESPN all 2013 , he realized NY area  promotion also equals money

You think he made that much more in endorsements here? He doesn't really have enough personality to be featured on a zillion commercials. I remember years ago he landed Dick's sporting goods but that was short-lived.

I think it was being 75%-healthy in a zone defense on a horrible team that made him Mr. Invisible.

Archived