Do we draft another QB to press Geno...or go for a...

JETS ROCK!

People keep saying that, but really, it just didn't suck as bad.  Solid?

He was 68-116 for a 59% completion rate and 790 yards, less than a 200 yard/game average.  4 TD, 2 INT and 5 sacks.  Average Rating of 83.2.

Want to know what 'solid' looks like?  Drew Brees (who played CAR twice those last four weeks as opposed to once for Geno) put up these numbers>:

123-173 for a 72% completion rate and 1,368 yards.  10 TD, 4 INT and an astounding 13 sacks (ouch!).  QB rating of 109.8.

Okay, maybe I'm not being entirely fair, but Geno's last four weeks only look solid because we are so used to seeing sucky.  Those stats are not good enough going forward.

He also added close to 200 yards and three TDs rushing over those last four games. He cut down on the turnovers, extended drives, and won 3 out of 4. Does he have to get better? Absolutely he does. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he did improve at the end of last season.

Jets will add a QB or two in free agency and/or the draft, but ultimately I expect Geno to win the job. From there, he'll have the year (or less) to prove he deserves the starting job. As a former second round pick, the Jets will not commit to him beyond that. They'll give him a chance in 2014, then go hard after a QB in 2015 if he's not the guy.

Drew Brees didn't start looking like Drew Brees until his fourth year in the league. Coming from that air raid offense, Geno would've been much better served sitting a year, too.

People keep saying that, but really, it just didn't suck as bad.  Solid?

He was 68-116 for a 59% completion rate and 790 yards, less than a 200 yard/game average.  4 TD, 2 INT and 5 sacks.  Average Rating of 83.2.

Want to know what 'solid' looks like?  Drew Brees (who played CAR twice those last four weeks as opposed to once for Geno) put up these numbers>:

123-173 for a 72% completion rate and 1,368 yards.  10 TD, 4 INT and an astounding 13 sacks (ouch!).  QB rating of 109.8.

Okay, maybe I'm not being entirely fair, but Geno's last four weeks only look solid because we are so used to seeing sucky.  Those stats are not good enough going forward.

One of the best posts I have read in a long time.

Cheers.

People keep saying that, but really, it just didn't suck as bad. Solid?

He was 68-116 for a 59% completion rate and 790 yards, less than a 200 yard/game average. 4 TD, 2 INT and 5 sacks. Average Rating of 83.2.

Want to know what 'solid' looks like? Drew Brees (who played CAR twice those last four weeks as opposed to once for Geno) put up these numbers>:

123-173 for a 72% completion rate and 1,368 yards. 10 TD, 4 INT and an astounding 13 sacks (ouch!). QB rating of 109.8.

Okay, maybe I'm not being entirely fair, but Geno's last four weeks only look solid because we are so used to seeing sucky. Those stats are not good enough going forward.

Yes solid, when you consider percentage change in accuracy turnover ratio and qbr, yes this is good stuff. To compare him to Drew Bree's? You are right that wasn't realistic bro

He also added close to 200 yards and three TDs rushing over those last four games. He cut down on the turnovers, extended drives, and won 3 out of 4. Does he have to get better? Absolutely he does. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he did improve at the end of last season.

Jets will add a QB or two in free agency and/or the draft, but ultimately I expect Geno to win the job. From there, he'll have the year (or less) to prove he deserves the starting job. As a former second round pick, the Jets will not commit to him beyond that. They'll give him a chance in 2014, then go hard after a QB in 2015 if he's not the guy.

Drew Brees didn't start looking like Drew Brees until his fourth year in the league. Coming from that air raid offense, Geno would've been much better served sitting a year, too.

Good counterpoint.  But I would parry with the fact that if Geno's improvement is mostly based on better rushing stats, that's not really what we're looking for.  Yes, the reduction in turnovers is encouraging but I'm not convinced it wasn't just a factor of playing some bad teams.  I'm fine with him this season if he fairly wins the TC competition as long as there is one. 

And I only used Brees to remind the downtrodden among us that that our view on what a good QB is might be a bit jaded.

Archived