25) San Diego Chargers - David Yankey, OG, Stanford

26) Cleveland Browns - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State

27) New Orleans Saints - Cyrus Kouandijo, OT, Alabama

28) Carolina Panthers - Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU

29) New England Patriots - Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida

30) San Francisco 49ers - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

31) Denver Broncos - Dee Ford, DE, Auburn

32) Seattle Seahawks - Jace Amaro - TE - Texas Tech

I'm sure you all will hate me for taking Ealy, but all I'm going to say is Sheldon Richardson...

Richardson: 294 lbs, 6'3, 40yd: 5.02, bench: 30 reps, vert: 30in - Ealy: 273 lbs, 6'4, 40yd: 4.92, bench: 22 reps vert: 31in 

Pretty close to identical stats, but the one thing Ealy beat every other d lineman in was the 3 cone drill with a 6.83. The only defensive players other than corners and safeties to have a better cone time than Ealy were 2 linebackers. He can move in space and could also play OLB for us as a hybrid. 

He's a lot like the former Missouri player in Richardson; with similar intangibles. They've both played together as well. This kid is a hell of a prospect, and with Evans, Lee, and Ebron off the board I wouldn't mind us going D with the first pick. Again, I'm also assuming that we will pick up at least one big WR in FA. Ealy had 9.5 sacks, 14.5 TFL, a FF, and 6 PDs. He is also very versatile, and can play coverage.

Please also check out my full "post-combine" mock draft for the Jets too so you can get a better feel for the entire draft class instead of just the 1st rounder... Hey, we've struck gold with 3 out of 3 D-line picks in the first round the past 3 years; why not continue the trend?

The draft isn't the only means of acquiring players. Believe me, we're going to be active in free agency on offense especially at WR. Look at my full Jets mock draft to see the rest of rounds 1-3. We don't draft based on need, we draft talent based... Ealy could play OLB which is also one of our bigger needs. He could be used as a hybrid playing at OLB, as well as coming up and playing DE in certain formatoins. Read the description; Imagine 3-4 with Wilkerson, Richardson, and Harrison on the line and then Coples and Ealy at OLB.

The draft isn't the only means of acquiring players. Believe me, we're going to be active in free agency on offense especially at WR. Look at my full Jets mock draft to see the rest of rounds 1-3. We don't draft based on need, we draft talent based... Ealy could play OLB which is also one of our bigger needs. He could be used as a hybrid playing at OLB, as well as coming up and playing DE in certain formatoins. Read the description; Imagine 3-4 with Wilkerson, Richardson, and Harrison on the line and then Coples and Ealy at OLB.

The Jets are not going to draft Ealy just to transition him to OLB when they can simply draft a OLB. The only OLB taken before the Jets pick is Mack. Why would the Jets pass on every other OLB to draft a DE to simply convert him to OLB? I cant see the Jets taking Ealy, play him out of position while also making the decision to pass on Calvin Pryor, arguably the #1 safety in the draft and a position of need. 

The Jets are not going to draft Ealy just to transition him to OLB when they can simply draft a OLB. The only OLB taken before the Jets pick is Mack. Why would the Jets pass on every other OLB to draft a DE to simply convert him to OLB? I cant see the Jets taking Ealy, play him out of position while also making the decision to pass on Calvin Pryor, arguably the #1 safety in the draft and a position of need. 

Ealy could be used as both a DE and a OLB like a Coples. I think with this mock he'd be the best value player left on the board; that is the mantra of Idzik&Co's draft philosophy. I'm sure he is pretty high on their draft board like Richardson was. Plus, Everyone does their draft trying to imagine what holes will be filled in. I think we'll be active in FA especially for WR and S.

we got Barns he will be good with our front 4 Barns is going to have alot of sacks

Ealy could be used as both a DE and a OLB like a Coples. I think with this mock he'd be the best value player left on the board; that is the mantra of Idzik&Co's draft philosophy. I'm sure he is pretty high on their draft board like Richardson was. Plus, Everyone does their draft trying to imagine what holes will be filled in. I think we'll be active in FA especially for WR and S.

I understand your reason behind the pick. Ealy isnt a bad player at all. Like Coples however, Ealy would have to learn the position and it will take some time. Coples was originaly bought in as a Dlineman and was converted afterwards to an OLB based on the talent we already had at Dline and that was outside of even drafting Richardson. Maybe Ealy played alot of OLB in college, im not sure. There will be plenty of quality OLB's on the board at 18 though to take instead of having to draft a guy simply to develop him. We would have two OLB (Ealy, Coples) that are learning the position along with Ealy having to learn the playbook as well. That OLB position needs production now. Depending on Ealy's college role I could be completely wrong. What was his amount of playing time as a backer?

I understand your reason behind the pick. Ealy isnt a bad player at all. Like Coples however, Ealy would have to learn the position and it will take some time. Coples was originaly bought in as a Dlineman and was converted afterwards to an OLB based on the talent we already had at Dline and that was outside of even drafting Richardson. Maybe Ealy played alot of OLB in college, im not sure. There will be plenty of quality OLB's on the board at 18 though to take instead of having to draft a guy simply to develop him. We would have two OLB (Ealy, Coples) that are learning the position along with Ealy having to learn the playbook as well. That OLB position needs production now. Depending on Ealy's college role I could be completely wrong. What was his amount of playing time as a backer?

Ealy was recruited to Missouri as a linebacker. While more often then not he was used as the LDE, he also played LOLB in certain packages. He seems to have an easier time getting in the backfield standing up as opposed to having his hand in the dirt. Don't get me wrong though, he can play both positions.

we got Barns he will be good with our front 4 Barns is going to have alot of sacks

It's true we do have Barnes, and he was highly productive until he was injured. That is the question mark though, will he return to the same form he was playing at?... Again, Ealy can play both OLB and DE therefore he could rotate at OLB with Barnes. Barnes will only play OLB so maybe in sub packages we move Ealy from OLB and put him at DE and bring in Barnes or vice versa. I think we could move Richardson to NT seeing as he is a great run stuffer, and have him play DE/DT then have Ealy as the DE/OLB. In our 4-3 formations we could have Ealy - Richardson - Harrison - Wilkerson on the line and Barnes - Harrison/Davis - Coples at linebacker. That'd be one of the best, if not the best front 7 in the league.

Ealy was recruited to Missouri as a linebacker. While more often then not he was used as the LDE, he also played LOLB in certain packages. He seems to have an easier time getting in the backfield standing up as opposed to having his hand in the dirt. Don't get me wrong though, he can play both positions.

Okay, you may be on to something here!

It's true we do have Barnes, and he was highly productive until he was injured. That is the question mark though, will he return to the same form he was playing at?... Again, Ealy can play both OLB and DE therefore he could rotate at OLB with Barnes. Barnes will only play OLB so maybe in sub packages we move Ealy from OLB and put him at DE and bring in Barnes or vice versa. I think we could move Richardson to NT seeing as he is a great run stuffer, and have him play DE/DT then have Ealy as the DE/OLB. In our 4-3 formations we could have Ealy - Richardson - Harrison - Wilkerson on the line and Barnes - Harrison/Davis - Coples at linebacker. That'd be one of the best, if not the best front 7 in the league.

yeah i guess, with all the holes we got on the O side we dont need to draft a Dline men so early, i think that other guys can be develop i like Gayle from VA tech he is not bad and with rex he can develop into what you have in mind and we can get him in the 4th

Archived