survivor mafia

CTM

My personal opinion is that mechanics don't need to be over-thought. I put more effort into aligning roles and mechanics to the story I've chosen to adapt, which I think is what makes moderating a creative endeavor. 

Pac does the same with his games. 

I'd love to actually play in a game you moderate, because I've begun talking to my moderator throughout my games. It would actually be fun to discuss how I'm flipping back and forth between left and right brain mafia.... rather than just argue constantly, you old bitch.

ya,i know.. But, i was the first one to moderate a 2 scum team game here that turned out nicely. bringing new (to the board) mechanics is risky but can pay off the best if done well.

ya,i know.. But, i was the first one to moderate a 2 scum team game here that turned out nicely. bringing new (to the board) mechanics is risky but can pay off the best if done well.

Fair enough. 

Also, thank you for proving you don't have me on ignore.

Sucker.

You could do trivia questions related to your theme and let everyone answer, then if multiple people answer correctly use random.org decide who would get the immunity or whatever you give for the day. 

problem with that is you'd be doing random.org for every single player, every single challenge..  too easy to find the answer to anything in 2 minutes these days.

You could do trivia questions related to your theme and let everyone answer, then if multiple people answer correctly use random.org decide who would get the immunity or whatever you give for the day. 

yes, that's where i was leaning.. give like a 4 hr deadline and if multiple people answer then maybe do something to break a tie.. .. i was actually thinking of tieing it to sports games.. name the winner of x vs y and final score...

i have another wifom centered game i am working on, but again, sometimes new mechanics can blow up in your face..

problem with that is you'd be doing random.org for every single player, every single challenge..  too easy to find the answer to anything in 2 minutes these days.

True. I did like the coin thing I did last game, but I still probably had some kinks to work out with it. 

True. I did like the coin thing I did last game, but I still probably had some kinks to work out with it. 

Yeah the coin worked well... I know it sounds like more bragadocio but I really like the idea of getting a player to do something in game that might not be so obvious to other players to earn their prize..  ie, making you tell people to gft, making hess talk about bonzai trees etc..

entertains the mod immensly and allows for players to "earn" a prize.. 

I'm ticked that no one has ever given me the chance to earn stuff.. bg gave me a post restriction but wouldn't give me anything for doing it..  it just became boring and monotonous.

So on the CSN boards (collegiate sports nation), they've done a survivor thing before.  I think I have somewhere around 50 posts on the whole site, so I'm not exactly in the know with all their stuff, but it just clicked that they do that there.

I remember going in the thread one time to see, and the only challenge I saw had to do with Google Earth.  Players were PM'd a couple of google earth shots or something to that effect, and they had to pinpoint where it was on the map.  You could drag along roads and everything (it actually used Google Earth IIRC), so you could take your time and get a fairly accurate spot.  The catch was it's timed, and based off how close you were to the true location and how long it took you, you got X amount of points.  It's actually a website or program, I remember messing with it.  Was pretty cool...I was terrible.

Anyways, that wouldn't be contengient upon whoever was first to recieve the PM or challenge or whatever, but how good they were at the actual searching.

Whenever I'm free I'll try to find their threads if they still exist, there might be some other challenges that would be usable.

I think Pac is on to something with different items too, sort of like their reward challenge?

I know the last season of the show I watched, they started using the hidden immunity idols that you could find laying around wherever.  The whole point of that one was that they'd all cast their votes and whoever had it could use it.  If it were us, for example, and we'll use Pac since no one wants him to win (lol).

There are 7 of us left, 6 of us vote to lynch Pac.  Pac votes to lynch me.  If Pac has the item, I'm lynched.  If instead there were two people tied, the way the show did it was that everyone voted again, but it was only for the two players tied.

I think that made sense...it's late.  

Changed my mind and went to look.  Eh...not so sure we can use much of it, but maybe it'll spawn some ideas.

For one game the mod picked a game on Yahoo Games (with the same user name as their user name on the message board) and screen shot high scores.

Several are hard to tell, because they apparently only sent the PM's out to the individuals or teams so I get the general idea but not the details.  For example, one is called "Crack the Code"...and that's all I can tell.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-643888.html -- that one is sort of what Pac was getting at.  Make the mod laugh, you get points or something to that effect.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-647753.html -- mini putt putt.  Very meh.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-631763.html -- "Name that Car."  Which benefits whoever is the first to see it....so meh.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-651105.html -- The Impossible Quiz

And here's the one I was talking about before:  http://csnbbs.com/thread-657421.html

And the site used for that one was this www.geoguessr.com, which has a link at the top to create a game or challenge

Archived