get ready for Geno/Vick competition. Shefter

eboozer

Oh I will. My want to see the Jets finally win one is greater than any judgement I can muster up. It just sucks because when it comes to Vick I don't wanna get over it.

Once the attacks start from every walk of media, public it becomes an "us against them" thing and it gets easier. Until then, I'm as ambivalent as you are, although I have to say at the very least it's going to be interesting.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be down with this if the intent was to give Geno a mentor-type who has seen every part of the NFL lifestyle, but I can't believe that he wouldn't be coming here to start. It just muddies the water long term.

Mike Vick isn't coming to NY to hold Geno's clipboard. Mike Vick comes here with only one thing in mind, and that's teaming up with MM again.

hey, if your GENO, suck it up and win the job.

Or wait until Vick pulls a hammy going out of bounds in week 5.

Yep. Start out 3-2, Mehta writes 50 articles about how Rex and Vick are attaining redemption together, then the hamstring tears, then a broken and used Geno Smith comes in to finish the season 8-8, then we start over again next year with the role of Vick being played by Jake Locker.

I don't like what he did with the canines, but it's got nothing to do with why I don't want him as a Jet.

He's a non-conventional QB that's had some success in a specific environment.

We don't need trick shot artists in the primary or back-up roles running our already besh*tted offense. 

Tim Tebow was time and money well spent wasn't it?

He's a 'back to the circus' mentality.    Vick is going to bring a lot of unwanted attention to the Jets once again that has nothing to do with football.  

And he's pretty much been one of the most overrated QBs of all time in the NFL.  He's had moments, but he's had far more ESPN highlight moments over being a good QB moments.    And again, it's PR & publicity, over being good for a team.

The guy I don't think has played a full season in the NFL in his entire career.   So even if they do sign him,  the guy is almost guaranteed to miss a few games or more.    What does that do for a team?   And who wants that?   

And I think if Vick is signed,  any close competition,  Vick is going to get the job.

He's a 'back to the circus' mentality.    Vick is going to bring a lot of unwanted attention to the Jets once again that has nothing to do with football.  

And he's pretty much been one of the most overrated QBs of all time in the NFL.  He's had moments, but he's had far more ESPN highlight moments over being a good QB moments.    And again, it's PR & publicity, over being good for a team.

The guy I don't think has played a full season in the NFL in his entire career.   So even if they do sign him,  the guy is almost guaranteed to miss a few games or more.    What does that do for a team?   And who wants that?   

And I think if Vick is signed,  any close competition,  Vick is going to get the job.

I agree with your last sentence.

NFL Rumors: New York Jets to be in on Michael Vick

By Bryan Rose - Mar 2nd, 2014 at 3:27 pm

The New York Jets seemed content with Geno Smith when the 2013 started – but that confidence quickly wained as Smith looked terrible during his rookie season.

Granted, yes, it was his freshman campaign and improvement is likely but the Jets simply can’t afford to wait on Smith, which is why they’re expected to be in on free agent quarterback Michael Vick – this according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter who made the comments on the Ross Tucker Podcast.

“I don’t expect Michael Vick to be back in Philadelphia,” said Schefter. “And then he’s gonna have to decide what’s the best circumstance for him moving forward. I think the Jets will be in play. I definitely think the Jets will have some level of interest in Michael Vick. Definitely.”

You get that, folks? Definitely.

Of course, the Jets aren’t going to be the only team with interest in Vick as others – like the Oakland Raiders – are expected to show interest in the free agent signal caller as well.

Vick has given no indication as to where he’d like to play.

Schefter is reporting this? Perfect. That means its not happening. 

Any reporter that reports anything, you say "good its not happening because such and such said it".

Just out of curiosity, did someone once do some kind of story on you that you perceived false?, as your hatred for the press and media borders on the Psychotic.

Also, is there any reporter, that is ANY, just 1 that you actually trust or believe?

Also, is their a phobia named for fear of the media and reporters?

How does Schefter saying "I think the Jets will be in play" translate to any actual interest the team has (or doesn't have) in Vick? 

Took a lot of heavy lifting to make that prediction-less prediction, seeing as how the Jets are looking for a veteran QB who can actually start (even if only for a few weeks until he gets hurt). A real prediction would be "The Jets are going to sign Michael Vick." This is a nothing-prediction that he can claim someone told him they heard a rumor that the Jets were thinking about maybe showing some interest if Vick is still unsigned in August and their offseason QB decisions aren't going as hoped.

How does Schefter saying "I think the Jets will be in play" translate to any actual interest the team has (or doesn't have) in Vick? 

Took a lot of heavy lifting to make that prediction-less prediction, seeing as how the Jets are looking for a veteran QB who can actually start (even if only for a few weeks until he gets hurt). A real prediction would be "The Jets are going to sign Michael Vick." This is a nothing-prediction that he can claim someone told him they heard a rumor that the Jets were thinking about maybe showing some interest if Vick is still unsigned in August and their offseason QB decisions aren't going as hoped.

He hates all media, all reporters, all writers, so how does he perceive that these stories make it to press and the various websites?

Any reporter that reports anything, you say "good its not happening because such and such said it".

Just out of curiosity, did someone once do some kind of story on you that you perceived false?, as your hatred for the press and media borders on the Psychotic.

Also, is there any reporter, that is ANY, just 1 that you actually trust or believe?

Also, is their a phobia named for fear of the media and reporters?

Do you actually read these articles? Or do you just read the headlines? 

Schefter said "I definitely THINK the Jets will have an interest." Dude's not even claiming to have a source. He is merely speculating and the writer of the article is taking Schefter's reputation as an NFL "Insider" as some sort of proof that this will be happening. That's piss poor journalism on Brian Rose's part. In fact, it's lazy and stupid. 

I can easily connect the dots for you on Schefter's line of thinking - Marty Morningwheg, the Jets currect OC, used to do the same job with the Eagles where he was Michael Vick's OC.

Of course, Schefter and Rose both fail to mention that in his last year in Philly, which was also Michael Vick's last near full season as the starter in Philly - Vick had the worst season any quarterback has ever had in Marty Morningwheg's system when Morninghwheg was an OC. 

It doesn't. Yet the headline reads "get ready for Geno-Vick competition" as if it is happening. 

Do you actually read these articles? Or do you just read the headlines? 

Schefter said "I definitely THINK the Jets will have an interest." Dude's not even claiming to have a source. He is merely speculating and the writer of the article is taking Schefter's reputation as an NFL "Insider" as some sort of proof that this will be happening. That's piss poor journalism on Brian Rose's part. In fact, it's lazy and stupid. 

I can easily connect the dots for you on Schefter's line of thinking - Marty Morningwheg, the Jets currect OC, used to do the same job with the Eagles where he was Michael Vick's OC.

Of course, Schefter and Rose both fail to mention that in his last year in Philly, which was also Michael Vick's last near full season as the starter in Philly - Vick had the worst season any quarterback has ever had in Marty Morningwheg's system when Morninghwheg was an OC. 

Just the headlines, I HATE anything Schefter reports. LOL

say what you want about Mike Vick and his terrible crimes against dogs... he served his time. He paid his debt to society. As a backup/competition to Geno the Jets literally can't do better. When Mike Vick walks in an NFL locker room the other players know who he is and believe in his ability. The fans might hate his guts for obvious reasons but he'd have the respect of the locker room. There's few other backups in this league we can say that about. 

say what you want about Mike Vick and his terrible crimes against dogs... he served his time. He paid his debt to society. As a backup/competition to Geno the Jets literally can't do better. When Mike Vick walks in an NFL locker room the other players know who he is and believe in his ability. The fans might hate his guts for obvious reasons but he'd have the respect of the locker room. There's few other backups in this league we can say that about. 

Jet fans will hate his guts, until he starts lighting up other teams defenses in ways Geno only dreams of, then all of a sudden, Idzik will be proclaimed a genious by the same haters. Typical Jet Fans.

Jet fans will hate his guts, until he starts lighting up other teams defenses in ways Geno only dreams of, then all of a sudden, Idzik will be proclaimed a genious by the same haters. Typical Jet Fans.

Mike Vick lit up other team's defenses once in his career, back in 2010. And in his best season, he threw for fewer yards and TDs than Mark Sanchez did in his best season.

People on the Vick bandwagon are seriously overrating the guy. I honestly do not believe that he'd beat Geno out in an open competition.

Mike Vick lit up other team's defenses once in his career, back in 2010. And in his best season, he threw for fewer yards and TDs than Mark Sanchez did in his best season.

People on the Vick bandwagon are seriously overrating the guy. I honestly do not believe that he'd beat Geno out in an open competition.

But if he did, would you root for him?

when is that how we started rating vick

he had 673  rushing yards and 9 rushing touchdowns

besides when you look at the 171 more passing attempts for sanchez its no suprise sanchez had 400 more yards

Archived