get ready for Geno/Vick competition. Shefter

Would Vick rather have AP running behind him or Ivory? Cordarelle Patterson catching it or Stephen Hill?

Bye- Bye Mike!

Booze, MONEY TALKS. Vick lost literally near 100 mill, with the dog fiasco, lost salary etc. Dude needs the money and the Jets have it, and he knows Marty's system.

Hello Mike.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Vick circus, the Vick circus!!   The only way to provide this team with: (1) a veteran QB that knows MM's system, (2) who has experience as a "running" QB, and (3) will be instantly jeered more

What # will he wear Geno Smith already has #7.

Signing Michael Vick is imminent Woody Johnson likes the circus type atmosphere here it will draw media and fans who like and hate Vick.

Booze, MONEY TALKS. Vick lost literally near 100 mill, with the dog fiasco, lost salary etc. Dude needs the money and the Jets have it, and he knows Marty's system.

Hello Mike.

So now you want us to overpay a sh*tty QB to keep him off the Vikings?  :confused0058:

So now you want us to overpay a sh*tty QB to keep him off the Vikings?  :confused0058:

Not just the Vikings. Vick will have at least SIX teams who want him (rightfully so, as he can still ball), but we have all the cap space needed to outbid all of them.

He will be our most important acquisition this off-season.

Hello Mike.

The Vikings are up against the cap? According to Jason @ OTC they have around $40 mil to spend.

Bye - Bye Mike!!

Not just the Vikings. Vick will have at least SIX teams who want him (rightfully so, as he can still ball), but we have all the cap space needed to outbid all of them.

He will be our most important acquisition this off-season.

Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?

Vick gives you the lightning in a bottle factor.  If that is what they want, then bringing him makes sense.  Personally, I'd rather draft a few kids to compete with the kid we have.  Make finding the long term solution at the position the top priority.  Solve the longstanding QB problem and things can get better.

I'm not a big Geno fan, but he's got enough talent to keep developing him, but they can't make the same mistake they made with Sanchez.  They must continue to develop the position.  No Brunells.  No Garrards.  No sage without talent.

Edited by Meddle

Vick gives you the lightning in a bottle factor.  If that is what they want, then bringing him makes sense.

If that's what they want  - we're hosed. Our defense is developing into a top 3  - it would be wise to build a consistently ok offense to go with it, not 45 points one week and zipsh*t the next.

If that's what they want  - we're hosed. Our defense is developing into a top 3  - it would be wise to build a consistently ok offense to go with it, not 45 points one week and zipsh*t the next.

Vick had some good moments with Mornhinweg's offense.  I can see the upside, but I'd prefer to deal with the long term rather than clog the depth chart with older players like Vick.  I don't want any of the available vets.  Waste of roster space and money.

Doesn't Vick have a serious turnover problem as of late? Isn't that the biggest concern with Geno?... I don't see us shelling out a fat contract to Vick.

A big fat contract would be a huge mistake.  I assume we'd sign him to a one-year deal.  Who out there is looking to give a multi-year deal to Vick?

Doesn't Vick have a serious turnover problem as of late? Isn't that the biggest concern with Geno?... I don't see us shelling out a fat contract to Vick.

Yes in the games he did play last couple of years Vick had numerous turnovers- seems similar to the problems we have had doesn't it

A big fat contract would be a huge mistake.  I assume we'd sign him to a one-year deal.  Who out there is looking to give a multi-year deal to Vick?

I didn't say multi-year, I said fat... meaning earning 5-6 million on a one year deal. I don't want to pay 5+mil on him.

Their not going to give Vick a big multi year contract.  What they might do is over pay him for one season to let him compete with Smith and see what happens

Their not going to give Vick a big multi year contract.  What they might do is over pay him for one season to let him compete with Smith and see what happens

See post above^ where did everyone get multi-year from? Those words are nowhere in my post. I said a FAT deal. meaning over-paid... Vick would command a salary between 4-6 million. Probably more like 5-6. I know it'd be a 1 year deal, but I don't think we should spend that much on him when we could just draft a later round QB. Especially since he's been turnover prone, when that's our biggest problem with Geno.

Edited by NYJetsVets91

See post above^ where did everyone get multi-year from? Those words are nowhere in my post. I said a FAT deal. meaning over-paid... Vick would command a salary between 4-6 million. Probably more like 5-6. I know it'd be a 1 year deal, but I don't think we should spend that much on him when we could just draft a later round QB. Especially since he's been turnover prone, when that's our biggest problem with Geno.

If a team signs a player as a FA, that means that they are paying him more then any other team is willing to pay him.  90% of FA's are overpaid

If a team signs a player as a FA, that means that they are paying him more then any other team is willing to pay him.  90% of FA's are overpaid

90%? Hmmm. A little generous maybe? High profile FA's, yes more often then not they're overpaid. My point was just that we shouldn't be paying 5-6 million to bring in Vick when he has a turnover problem, seeing as that's our biggest issue with Geno.

NFL Rumors: New York Jets to be in on Michael Vick

By Bryan Rose - Mar 2nd, 2014 at 3:27 pm

The New York Jets seemed content with Geno Smith when the 2013 started – but that confidence quickly wained as Smith looked terrible during his rookie season.

Granted, yes, it was his freshman campaign and improvement is likely but the Jets simply can’t afford to wait on Smith, which is why they’re expected to be in on free agent quarterback Michael Vick – this according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter who made the comments on the Ross Tucker Podcast.

“I don’t expect Michael Vick to be back in Philadelphia,” said Schefter. “And then he’s gonna have to decide what’s the best circumstance for him moving forward. I think the Jets will be in play. I definitely think the Jets will have some level of interest in Michael Vick. Definitely.”

You get that, folks? Definitely.

Of course, the Jets aren’t going to be the only team with interest in Vick as others – like the Oakland Raiders – are expected to show interest in the free agent signal caller as well.

Vick has given no indication as to where he’d like to play.

By Eliot Shorr-Parks/NJ.com South Jersey Newspapers

Follow on Twitter

on March 09, 2014 at 10:16 AM, updated March 09, 2014 at 11:24 AM

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/nfl_free_agents_michael_vick_jairus_byrd_and_latest_eagles_rumors.html

Eagles stock

The Eagles got their first chance to start talking to free agents on Saturday, as the legal tampering period official got underway in the NFL.

So why does everything seem so quiet?

There was no blockbuster deal by the Eagles, or even a sign that it is coming. That does not mean there was no news, however.

Here are the latest rumblings and rumors with the Eagles and free agency:

Michael Vick: Vick is expected to have a number of suitors, and while those teams didn't become clear on Saturday, it looks like he might have a No. 1 team on his list. According to Tim McManus of Eagles 24/7, Vick has placed the New York Jets at the top of his list. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly still in the mix, however. As for the Eagles, a source close to the situation has told NJ.com that the Eagles are still on Vick's list -- so anything is possible.

Another name added to the list of B/U Qb's

Jason Campbell could be available soon

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Jason CampbellAP

A so-so veteran quarterback market could soon add another name.

Jason Campbell, former starter in Washington and Oakland, has a $250,000 roster bonus due on the third day of the 2014 league year. To avoid paying it, the Browns would have to cut or trade Campbell before Thursday.

Campbell, a first-round pick in 2005, started eight games for the Browns in 2008. But he won only one of them, throwing 11 touchdown passes against eight interceptions.

The Browns signed Campbell to a two-year contract in 2013. In addition to the roster bonus, he’s due to earn a $3 million base salary.

By Eliot Shorr-Parks/NJ.com South Jersey Newspapers

Follow on Twitter

on March 09, 2014 at 10:16 AM, updated March 09, 2014 at 11:24 AM

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/nfl_free_agents_michael_vick_jairus_byrd_and_latest_eagles_rumors.html

Eagles stock

The Eagles got their first chance to start talking to free agents on Saturday, as the legal tampering period official got underway in the NFL.

So why does everything seem so quiet?

There was no blockbuster deal by the Eagles, or even a sign that it is coming. That does not mean there was no news, however.

Here are the latest rumblings and rumors with the Eagles and free agency:

Michael Vick: Vick is expected to have a number of suitors, and while those teams didn't become clear on Saturday, it looks like he might have a No. 1 team on his list. According to Tim McManus of Eagles 24/7, Vick has placed the New York Jets at the top of his list. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly still in the mix, however. As for the Eagles, a source close to the situation has told NJ.com that the Eagles are still on Vick's list -- so anything is possible.

Awesome, His #1 team at the top of his list are the Jets, so:

1. Geno needs to get in lots of reps on how to hold that clipboard

2. Geno needs to find a hat that fits while on the sidelines

3. Geno AINT #7, so maybe like 62 or 63 OK?

4. REX needs to abandon his 20 passes/game he learned from Paul Brown

5. I need to start calculating what 50x50 equals, cha-ching