Melo's Farewell Tour--Remainder of 2013-2014 NY Knicks Thread

SMC

According to the Post, Houston asked Knicks about Melo at the trade deadline but Knicks said no.

Rockets will now try to trade Lin or Asik to make room to bid on Melo or use the in sign and trade.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything to make Dolan less involved is a good thing.

BTW, the slob joke was a play on you saying you like pie

Do you really think I have that thin of skin? IDGAF what you call me. I annoy you enough with the Knicks I deserve it.

Do you really think I have that thin of skin? IDGAF what you call me. I annoy you enough with the Knicks I deserve it.

No, I don't think you have a thin skin. It's probably thick and molted from all that beer and fatty foods.

Dolan is giving Jax a 5 year $60 million deal. He's not paying that to meddle. Hes paying that to give Jax free reign to turn the franchise around.

Isola has been writing good inside info on this. He wrote that Dolan is still bitter about losing out LeBron to Riley, so every executive who was in the recruitment meeting (Walsh, Grunwald, Ratner etc) have been fired.

Good. So what do you think? Phil can get Durant in 2016?

I guess that could be the reasoning....just hoping with Phil here Dolan can actually be patient because the fan base knows an actual basketball guy is working behind the scenes.

I guess that could be the reasoning....just hoping with Phil here Dolan can actually be patient because the fan base knows an actual basketball guy is working behind the scenes.

True, but screw it, how about Hardaway being the focal point of the Triangle offense?

He's 6'6" like Kobe and MJ and can score easily. He just has to learn defense in the offseason.

so how long before dolan screws this up ?  I say 4 months

He's not. He fell in love with Isiah because he thought Isiah was a basketball genius. Jax actually is.

Dolan has been chasing Jax for over 10 years. It cracks me up how the media has already created this meddling narrative for Dolan-Jax when Dolan personally asked Jax to take over the team.

Seriously, Knicks fans, read Isola's articles on how this all went down. It's enlightening.

Completely agree.

The thing is, the media is completely missing the comparison in trying to look at what happened to Walsh. Walsh was forced on Dolan by Stern after the sexual harassment debacle. Dolan never wanted Walsh. It was undisputed that Walsh had complete autonomy until it became clear that LeBron wasn't coming.

Let's be clear here--Walsh's job was all about LeBron. He cleared cap space then hired D'Antoni rather than Mark Jackson because he thought players wanted to play in DAs system. That all blew up in Walsh's face when LeBron said no. After that Walsh was on borrowed time.

Now contrast that to Jax, Dolan has always wanted him. Its his choice. He'll fall in love with Jax like he did with Isiah.

Our only fear right now is not Dolan's meddling, because he'd likely give Jax a blow job thsn challenge a basketball decision. The biggest fear is whether Jax is up to the task.

I'm really surprised the media and fans think Dolan will interfere with Jax.

Just read the articles and look how Dolan acts. He's a billionaire groupie. Thats why he tours with the Eagles. Jax only has to show Dolan his ring collection and Dolan will start shining his shoes.

Isola recounted a story where Dolan wanted to rehire Isiah and got into an argument with MSG execs over it. An exasperated Dolan finally yelled out, "But he's a basketball genius!"

He's not. He fell in love with Isiah because he thought Isiah was a basketball genius. Jax actually is.

Dolan has been chasing Jax for over 10 years. It cracks me up how the media has already created this meddling narrative for Dolan-Jax when Dolan personally asked Jax to take over the team.

Seriously, Knicks fans, read Isola's articles on how this all went down. It's enlightening.

can you pls link it, I couldn't find it

I'm really surprised the media fans think Dolan will interfere with Jax.

Just read the articles and look how Dolan acts. He's a billionaire groupie. Thats why he yours with the Eagles. Jax only has to show Dolan his ring collection and Dolan will start shining his shoes.

Isola recounted a story where Dolan wanted to rehire Isiah and got into an argument with MSG execs over it. An exasperated Dolan finally yelled out, "But he's a basketball genius!"

Donnie Walsh, Don Nelson, Lenny Wilkens, and Larry Brown are all basketball geniuses.

If Houston doesn't hit that shot in 2000, Phil would have been the Knicks coach.

Couldn't fire Van Gundy after making it to the Finals.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-phil-lebron-play-article-1.1722402

can you pls link it, I couldn't find it

Check the Daily News website and look for all articles wtitten by Isola the last 2 weeks since the story broke.

Above is a link to latest article where Isola talks about Dolan wacking everyone in the room after LeBron saidno.

Donnie Walsh, Don Nelson, Lenny Wilkens, and Larry Brown are all basketball geniuses.

First off, dumbass, Don Nelson wasnt hired by Dolan. Lenny Wilkins met his demise at the hsnds of Isiah who undeniably had free reign at the Garden.

First off, dumbass, Don Nelson wasnt hired by Dolan. Lenny Wilkins met his demise at the hsnds of Isiah who undeniably had free reign at the Garden.

Can't wait for Dolan to surprise Phil by inviting Isiah into one of the three Skype meeting they'll have this year.

Archived