Melo's Farewell Tour--Remainder of 2013-2014 NY Knicks Thread

SMC

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good day for the Knicks and their fans.  They have legitimate hope.  Time will tell if Phil can build a team or not.  Really interested to see if Carmelo wants to waste another prime year to be around to see what Phil builds, or bolt now to a legitmate contender like Chicago or Houston.

A good day for the Knicks and their fans. They have legitimate hope. Time will tell if Phil can build a team or not. Really interested to see if Carmelo wants to waste another prime year to be around to see what Phil builds, or bolt now to a legitmate contender like Chicago or Houston.

Spot on on all accounts.

In reading all the articles, it cracks me up how all of them are running with the "Dolan will leave Jax alone ... for now" narrative. He's not messing with Jackson.

Dolan didn't interfere with Isiah. He interfered with Walsh because 1) he didn't want him and 2) Walsh didn't get LeBron.

Does anyone think Walsh would've meddled with Walsh if LeBron was on the team? Walsh's master plan would've worked so Dolan could go be an Eagles groupie without a Knick care in the world.

Dolan about to do a half hour in-studio with lackey Michael Kay, for those of you with the false hope that Dolan's ego might be in check.

An odd moment at the end when Kay asked Dolan if his band would do their show for an hour. Not sure if Dolan thought they were effing with him or that playing backup to a sports talk show was beneath the greatness of JD and the Straight Shot. But sounded like he did not appreciate the invitation.

Jackson took a pile of money yesterday knowing his girlfriend's brother won't let him near the Lakers. He's a very smart guy who knows the NBA. But the idea he'll be catnip for free agents is almost certainly a pipe dream.

Jax gives Knicks some pull with FA, but I agree he won't be catnip. He presents a level of competence that free agents can't challenge.

That said, I think money and weather mean most to NBA players now. Back in the day NYC had pull because of the nightlife. Now, NBA players are so rich they can party anywhere including overseas during the offseason.

During the season while they're on a homestretch they'd rather party where they're not freezing their balls off.

Jax gives Knicks some pull with FA, but I agree he won't be catnip. He presents a level of competence that free agents can't challenge.

That said, I think money and weather mean most to NBA players now. Back in the day NYC had pull because of the nightlife. Now, NBA players are so rich they can party anywhere including overseas during the offseason.

During the season while they're on a homestretch they'd rather party where they're not freezing their balls off.

It's lost on Dolan, the NY media and fans that NY is not nearly the lure it was.

CR, valid questions but I believe Melo will buy into any system that wins.

Melo is not getting a max deal from Jax because it messes up the rebuilding plan. So Melo has to decide where he'll get less money from.

That said, the biggest question to me is not Melo--whom I think is signing elsewhere--it's whether Jax will be healthy enough to see this through.

CR, valid questions but I believe Melo will buy into any system that wins.

Melo is not getting a max deal from Jax because it messes up the rebuilding plan. So Melo has to decide where he'll get less money from.

That said, the biggest question to me is not Melo--whom I think is signing elsewhere--it's whether Jax will be healthy enough to see this through.

Will he buy into a system that he feels limits his offensive game and expect to play D? He has the ability to do it.

Will he buy into a system that he feels limits his offensive game and expect to play D? He has the ability to do it.

I believe so. He's never been in this situation before in a proven system with a championship pedigree.

LOL at people who claimed this draft class would rival 2003. Wiggins and Parker sh*tted the bed to start the NCAAs.

Fortunately, it looks like Denver will get a crap pick from the Knicks after all

This game however is pretty good

Classic game. Kinda silly Wichita had to play that team in the round of 32...that's a final 4 level type of matchup today. But the committee gets what they want now. Pitino/Cal, UK-Louisville.

Knicks ran into that Cavaliers buzzsaw, I guess.

We're just reminded how awful Felton is.

Woodson has done such a crappy job. He was brought in to be a defensive assistant but his defense sucks. It's obvious now he relied heavily on veteran players last year to coach the team for him, which is a telltale sign of poor coaching. A person is not a good teacher simply because all her self starter students get straight A's.

Doesn't matter. He'll soon be gone and so will JR, hopefully.

We're just reminded how awful Felton is.

Woodson has done such a crappy job. He was brought in to be a defensive assistant but his defense sucks. It's obvious now he relied heavily on veteran players last year to coach the team for him, which is a telltale sign of poor coaching. A person is not a good teacher simply because all her self starter students get straight A's.

Doesn't matter. He'll soon be gone and so will JR, hopefully.

Yeah, it's too bad he doesn't have any veteran leaders on the team. #Melo

Archived