Melo's Farewell Tour--Remainder of 2013-2014 NY Knicks Thread

SMC

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES

You guys still taking solace in the fact that Wiggins and Parker are out of the NCAAs and will thus be bad pros anyway?

I'm not, but my friends started calling me Cohle based off my paralells to the charecter from True Detective so maybe I'm just negative

so when does phil strangle JR ?

mike breen is a putz.  any game the knicks have a lead is brutal to listen to him. 

"knicks were up by as many as 11, but the other team scored a basket !!  now its only 9 !!!  it they score again it will be only 7 !!!"

hate that guy

Pretty sure that watching SMC back away from his childish, years-long defense of Carmelo Anthony is the most spineless thing I've ever witnessed on the Internet.

No, I've seen more spineless things.

But, hey, if he's not going to be a Knick anymore there's no need to defend him.

Plus, it's not my fault you don't have anyone to root for on your teams.

No, I've seen more spineless things.

But, hey, if he's not going to be a Knick anymore there's no need to defend him.

Plus, it's not my fault you don't have anyone to root for on your teams.

I was hoping for a more explosive flip-out. Losing my touch. :)

Sacramento still has a team? Do they have uniforms?

What's more surprising is that former Sun Kevin Johnson is the mayor of Sacramento.

I bet right now he can defend better than Felton

Haven't looked closely at both teams schedule, but the way the Hawks are playing the Knicks realistically are the better team and should get in. But then again this is the Knicks.

Agreed.

The Knicks factor creates an unpredictable variable

Simply cannot wait to watch Fred Hoiberg trying to reprimand Carmelo and JR for not getting back on D. OMG THE TEARS

My prediction is:

1) Melo signs with Chicago

2) Felton and JR get bought out

3) Matt, T0m, and Bugg have a tough time figuring out which Knicks player to hate

My prediction is:

3) Matt, T0m, and Bugg have a tough time figuring out which Knicks player to hate

I dont hate for the sake of it. There have been plenty of Knicks I've loved. There have just been a lot of unlikeable guys over the past 13 years or so

My prediction is:

Look at SMC throw Melo under the bus, after years of screaming at people for pointing out what a loser Melo is.

if hoiberg leaves iowa state, he will regret it for the rest of his life

Why any successfull coach would leave college for the NBA is a mystery, The money is only better over the short term. The NBA season is way longer. Recrutiing does suck, but it's not nearly as hard as watching guranteed  contract man JR Smith for 10 minutes. Woodson must be a saint not to have beaten Smith to death with a hard object any number of times.

And there is a new crew of players every yaar who haven't heard your speil of nonsense.

Or look at tTom Thibadeau dealing with management basically taking a torch to his roster. In college the successful coach is a god. In the NBA he is a passenger.

Look at SMC throw Melo under the bus, after years of screaming at people for pointing out what a loser Melo is.

You guys were and still are wrong, but you can fight the Khmer Rouge for so long.

Why any successfull coach would leave college for the NBA is a mystery, The money is only better over the short term. The NBA season is way longer. Recrutiing does suck, but it's not nearly as hard as watching guranteed  contract man JR Smith for 10 minutes. Woodson must be a saint not to have beaten Smith to death with a hard object any number of times.

And there is a new crew of players every yaar who haven't heard your speil of nonsense.

Or look at tTom Thibadeau dealing with management basically taking a torch to his roster. In college the successful coach is a god. In the NBA he is a passenger.

agreed, the money compared to the on campus lifestyle has to be sweet. he played in the NBA for 10 years, gotta think he is already well off.

recruiting has to suck tho, doing the living room dance and telling the kids mom you're gonna be his best friend must get stale real fast

hoiberg is also an alum of the school.  he is already known as the mayor there.  to leave for money would be super dumb

his contract is 10 years, 20 million. 

to coach at his alma mater in his freakin home town

My prediction is:

Some days. Other days the Knicks' roster of miscreants and douchebags makes it easy.

agreed, the money compared to the on campus lifestyle has to be sweet. he played in the NBA for 10 years, gotta think he is already well off.

recruiting has to suck tho, doing the living room dance and telling the kids mom you're gonna be his best friend must get stale real fast

hoiberg is also an alum of the school.  he is already known as the mayor there.  to leave for money would be super dumb

his contract is 10 years, 20 million. 

to coach at his alma mater in his freakin home town

A guy I grew up with was for a time an head coach at a MAAC school. He has since found pleasant employment as a TV guy. The one crazy thing about being a college coach is your entire career could be destroyed by an 18-year old boy doing something dumb one Friday night, something you have no control over but might still be held accountable for. And anyone who has been or dealt with an 18-year old boy could understand that.

Or you could have to watch JR Smith for 10 minutes.

A guy I grew up with was for a time an head coach at a MAAC school. He has since found pleasant employment as a TV guy. The one crazy thing about being a college coach is your entire career could be destroyed by an 18-year old boy doing something dumb one Friday night, something you have no control over but might still be held accountable for. And anyone who has been or dealt with an 18-year old boy could understand that.

Or you could have to watch JR Smith for 10 minutes.

JR Smith is basically that 18 year old but making millions of dollars

Although the Knicks are technically in 8th place after wiping their asses with the Brooklyn N0ts, I think the Hawks make the playoffs.

That is, unless, Danny Ferry is committed to tanking

Archived