Aliens Mafia - Game Over man, game over

Leelou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree.

I PM'ed Leelou that I thought Ishy was scum. It was too easy to rattle his cage for being a low activity poster. It lit a fire under his butt, until the town started looking elsewhere.

Hafta run me up to find out, yeah?

Unvote

Vote CTM

He hasn't questioned anyone's logic, hasn't tried to pied piper anything ... not enough content to read him, so it's just a hunch. Based on irony from last game having us both turn out to be town.

I'm going to make one last point about Pac, then I honestly can't bear to go back and forth anymore.

Every EVERY time I've sniffed him out when he is scum he does exactly what he's doing now. I've said it before, it is ONLY when I figure him out that he becomes hard for me specfically to get lynched. His defense tactic when he's scum and I'm town is to drown me out, or fight with me until drown myself out. SMC, CTM and Pac each use this strategy to deal with me when I'm on to them.

Take it for what it's worth. I don't need to take him down today... but eventually, you'll all see I'm right.

In the meantime, let's see what else we can scrounge together here.

52 page D1

Nolder's whole game was only 54 pages.

Awesome.

Just notice that.  Most outstanding day 1 of all time.  We need to lynch scum today and wrap this baby up in one day.  Personally I have to look at stuff again to get a feel.  3 cops so far?  Just seems really odd.  With no nights hard to tell sane or whatever. 

Nice game set up by Leelou. 

I'm going to make one last point about Pac, then I honestly can't bear to go back and forth anymore.

Every EVERY time I've sniffed him out when he is scum he does exactly what he's doing now. I've said it before, it is ONLY when I figure him out that he becomes hard for me specfically to get lynched. His defense tactic when he's scum and I'm town is to drown me out, or fight with me until drown myself out. SMC, CTM and Pac each use this strategy to deal with me when I'm on to them.

Take it for what it's worth. I don't need to take him down today... but eventually, you'll all see I'm right.

In the meantime, let's see what else we can scrounge together here.

Glad you went on the record with this.  That way when you're proven wrong, just like last game, you'll possibly stop pretending you have scum tells on me or can read me.

When I was trying to get you lynched you weren't my best for scum.  I just felt like seeing if I could get you killed..  kind of for sport.

The game was busted wide open and Smash was dead.  No one listened to me when he was at L2 so I figured they might listen to killing you.

So yeah...  It's been a run away for town.  An absolute thumping.  So I was trying to go outside of the box and go for a lynch not everyone was talking about.  Tbh, I'd still vote you for fun.  Town has won this game.

All we have to do is vote BG, AVM, CTM, and Ishy till we hit one..  It's over.  If BG is scum then that's 3 of 4 for me on my day 1 list.  What more can I do than that?

I am probably going to sleep pretty soon but I expect day might end while I'm asleep so I want to get this out now.

I think the cops should all choose between 2 targets to test sanity. This helps because the chances of 2/3 overlaping is 100% and we might even go 3/3. If there is still a mafia capable of killing they could choose between those two targets as well to try to prevent someone else from being "cleared" (assuming they're not 1 of the 2) but then we'll get a dead body and alignment to compare at least 1 of our readings to. So either way it seems like we get sanity check one way or another.

The only downside I see is if an alien infects one of the two people, trying to get them "cleared".

But then the aliens run the risk of a potential mafia shot anyway.

I don't know. I'm really tired but it feels like no matter which way it works out it works out in towns favor.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am probably going to sleep pretty soon but I expect day might end while I'm asleep so I want to get this out now.

I think the cops should all choose between 2 targets to test sanity. This helps because the chances of 2/3 overlaping is 100% and we might even go 3/3. If there is still a mafia capable of killing they could choose between those two targets as well to try to prevent someone else from being "cleared" (assuming they're not 1 of the 2) but then we'll get a dead body and alignment to compare at least 1 of our readings to. So either way it seems like we get sanity check one way or another.

The only downside I see is if an alien infects one of the two people, trying to get them "cleared".

But then the aliens run the risk of a potential mafia shot anyway.

I don't know. I'm really tired but it feels like no matter which way it works out it works out in towns favor.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

So you think there were 2 aliens with a CL, 2 weyland with a symp, 3 town vig shots, and 3 cops (with 2 of them having altered sanities)?  I don't know that seems heavily weighted against town.  I don't see how without pulling out the kind of day 1 we did we'd stand a chance.

I think your plan is cool but I also believe there's only 1 baddie left and not sure they can convert.  Now that we've had a defacto mass reveal the only people that it can be are BG, AVM, CTM, and Ishy..  I believe the first 2 cop claims and I don't think there's any way you add yourself into the mix as scum.

If I didn't know everyones name I would have still been down to kill Crusher.  That's nothing against you Crush...  everyone including myself gave a name.  I just think it was a bad idea to allow character reveals this game.

We used to have a ban against that for a couple years..  not sure why we're back to allowing them.  Without names we could have gotten into day 3 or 4 and this game would have been beyond confusing.

And regardless of the fact that game is basically over, mass revealing day 1 is lame.  To steal a line from the Ape, I don't spend time on these games to end them on technicalities...but I digress.

And regardless of the fact that game is basically over, mass revealing day 1 is lame.  To steal a line from the Ape, I don't spend time on these games to end them on technicalities...but I digress.

I'll put my Pete hat on for a minute...

I agree.  The reason I was complaining so much earlier is because the challenge is what makes the game so compelling.  Day 1 mass reveals are a great way to win the game for town...  but also the laziest and most boring way of doing it.

It's also not fair to whoever that last baddie out there is.  They're trapped.

If you recall votes were peeling off Smash and he did a nice job with his claim of bodyguard.  He had me doubting myself for a minute..  but as soon as he named himself I was back to thinking he was 100% scum.  I was kind of put off by the whole thing which is why I started the failed lynch Ape campaign.. to add some fun.

Glad you went on the record with this.  That way when you're proven wrong, just like last game, you'll possibly stop pretending you have scum tells on me or can read me.

When I was trying to get you lynched you weren't my best for scum.  I just felt like seeing if I could get you killed..  kind of for sport.

The game was busted wide open and Smash was dead.  No one listened to me when he was at L2 so I figured they might listen to killing you.

So yeah...  It's been a run away for town.  An absolute thumping.  So I was trying to go outside of the box and go for a lynch not everyone was talking about.  Tbh, I'd still vote you for fun.  Town has won this game.

All we have to do is vote BG, AVM, CTM, and Ishy till we hit one..  It's over.  If BG is scum then that's 3 of 4 for me on my day 1 list.  What more can I do than that?

Sigh.

I knew what you were doing idiot. This was me trying to use whatever retardation you were giving me to work off of it.

You want my on-record list? Ask Leelou for it when the game is over.

I'll put my Pete hat on for a minute...

I agree.  The reason I was complaining so much earlier is because the challenge is what makes the game so compelling.  Day 1 mass reveals are a great way to win the game for town...  but also the laziest and most boring way of doing it.

It's also not fair to whoever that last baddie out there is.  They're trapped.

If you recall votes were peeling off Smash and he did a nice job with his claim of bodyguard.  He had me doubting myself for a minute..  but as soon as he named himself I was back to thinking he was 100% scum.  I was kind of put off by the whole thing which is why I started the failed lynch Ape campaign.. to add some fun.

1. I never doubted my read on Smash from the minute I cased him. 

2. His reveal had NOTHING to do with me shooting him. At the point I pulled the trigger I had to do so, because immediately when he revealed you went on your lynch Ape campaign. At no point after his reveal do I recall you calling bullsh*t - which I'd expect from you if you really thought he was 100% scum. Instead, you were onto me - diverting people from the opportunity to even discuss his reveal.

3. You are lying about why you came at me.

4. You are so blatantly butthurt about character reveals being allowed, I'm sure Leelou has gotten an earful from you about it already. Poor girl. 

5. Unvote, VOte Pac

I'm just don't see how I could be wrong about this.

Who? Please say me.

You.

Taunting me with the prospect of being wrong about you, isn't going to make me change my mind. 

You go ahead and do what you need to do to help you forget how bad I used you to decimate the town a couple games ago... I'm sure having me truck you and Smash this game isn't going to take the sting off that anytime soon.

You.

Taunting me with the prospect of being wrong about you, isn't going to make me change my mind.

You go ahead and do what you need to do to help you forget how bad I used you to decimate the town a couple games ago... I'm sure having me truck you and Smash this game isn't going to take the sting off that anytime soon.

Wow expert work. So am I an alien that begged to kill my fellow alien or weyland who had his symp turn against him?

Awesome.. so it appears the only clueless one left is the ape. A perfect place for him to be.

Clueless? Nah... I'm just betting on the long shot.

I can't argue with the logic about what is left... but, I can't deny to myself 1.) the fun of watching you bop around like a crusher the day he discovered cake because you've got it all figured out and nobody else contributed anything, and 2.) the fact that you have hit what I've come to know as your scum tells. 

Plain and simple. Maybe you suddenly snapped out of  your funk this game, or maybe my read is spot on and your song and dance is only fooling the mouthbreathers. We'll see. 

In the meantime, I'm going to need you to complain more about the character reveals for me. I need you to really sell the angle that in name reveals solved the game, despite the fact that you've been telling us there's got to be conversions all game long. 

Archived