Eagles release WR Jason Avant - per league source.

Arsis

What makes him a clown? One of the nicest guys in the game according to everyone.

Also, when did Arsis come back?

I see nothing wrong with bringing in leadership type guys for the vet min to compete for the 4wr spot.

Also, today.

I think we should definitely sign Avant AND Andre Roberts. I also believe we should trade every pick in rounds 1-3 for five 4th rounders, five 5th rounders or seven 6th rounders.

Nah, we should go out and sign the best guy at every position for the max we can fit under the cap. I think depth is overrated. Especially in a league like the nfl where injury is such a rare thing.

Nah, we should go out and sign the best guy at every position for the max we can fit under the cap. I think depth is overrated. Especially in a league like the nfl where injury is such a rare thing.

Agreed. pro Bowler,, All pro or first ballot HOF'er at every position please. 

Nah, we should have 22 equally paid and talented guys on the field at all times and their backups too because you know, smartness and all that. GREATER THAN THE SUM OF THEIR PARTS I TELL YA.

Yeah we should save the most money we can as well because you know the cap is not going anywhere at all. Definitely not going up by 17 mil over the next two year. All of our current contracts will be on the books as well and since this is baseball, all of them are guaranteed. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what it is a GM does.

Agreed. pro Bowler,, All pro or first ballot HOF'er at every position please. 

Emanuel Sanders is not an all pro. Goldent Tate is not a HOF'er, I'd be happy with either of them, but if you think you can sign has beens and also rans but tons of them and win, then you're mistaken.

You are fifty million dollars under the cap because you've earned it with a horrible roster. Jason Avant and Andre Roberts are not appreciably better than what you have already.

Nah, we should have 22 equally paid and talented guys on the field at all times and their backups too because you know, smartness and all that. GREATER THAN THE SUM OF THEIR PARTS I TELL YA.

Yeah we should save the most money we can as well because you know the cap is not going anywhere at all. Definitely not going up by 17 mil over the next two year. All of our current contracts will be on the books as well and since this is baseball, all of them are guaranteed. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what it is a GM does.

Lmao, that would be terrible. I hope we get Byrd and sanders/tate. That is different from bringing in competition to fill out the roster. Not every move is sexy.

No scrubs I want our depth guys to be good ones not JAGs

You've spent the last 2 months pining over washed up big names. Avant is a steady contributor, I believe he plays special teams too. Is it completely lost on you that teams need quality role-players? 

You've spent the last 2 months pining over washed up big names. Avant is a steady contributor, I believe he plays special teams too. Is it completely lost on you that teams need quality role-players? 

I agree, we need somebody to replace Stephen Hill's non-production. Doesn't grow on trees.

You know, I had a feeling we were overstating each others position. I started it.

Just a fun bit of back and forth. I agree that if we bargin binned it with as much cap space as we have that it'd be stupid. We still need vets for camp fodder.

Archived