Eagles release WR Jason Avant - per league source.

Arsis

I agree, we need somebody to replace Stephen Hill's non-production. Doesn't grow on trees.

I've said it before many times here... the WCO that MM runs can be very productive with four or five 40-60 catch range guys. We can have offense without Megatron or AJ or Dez...

I've said it before many times here... the WCO that MM runs can be very productive with four or five 40-60 catch range guys. We can have offense without Megatron or AJ or Dez...

Fair enough.

It's going to have to unless we hit an absolute bingo in the draft. I hope Geno is up to it.

Kerley, Nelson, Hill (I don't think he's going anywhere, is he?) + Tate/Sanders/Decker (if he's not being offered the world) + draft picks (they'll be high ones, no?)

I don't know who Avant replaces in this scenario unless as a camp bod--oh, I see. Light bulb.

Are they signing Tate, Sanders and Decker?  Otherwise there is plenty of room.  Remember this team had Nelson, Salas, Hakim, Gates, Cribs, Obamanu and Salas on the roster at times last year.  They are dumping Holmes.  I probably like Hill and Gates more than anybody here and there is still plenty of room for Avant. .  

Are they signing Tate, Sanders and Decker?  Otherwise there is plenty of room.  Remember this team had Nelson, Salas, Hakim, Gates, Cribs, Obamanu and Salas on the roster at times last year.  They are dumping Holmes.  I probably like Hill and Gates more than anybody here and there is still plenty of room for Avant. .  

How many roster spots go to receivers? Six?

They're overloaded with expensive receivers now. They'll replace Avant with a minimum wage rookie

I thought we were getting him cheap. Guy is 33 years old how much could he possibly command?

I'm not going to lose my mind about a 5th or 6th receiver. They deem him worthy to sign, who am I to argue. I just don't know who doesn't make the roster to make room for him. In a perfect world, hopefully no one. We'll see.

I thought we were getting him cheap. Guy is 33 years old how much could he possibly command?

I'm not going to lose my mind about a 5th or 6th receiver. They deem him worthy to sign, who am I to argue. I just don't know who doesn't make the roster to make room for him. In a perfect world, hopefully no one. We'll see.

Well, we'd get him relatively cheap. Iirc, the vet minimum is around $1 mil. The rookie minimum is around $400k.

In camp? More. I am not saving roster spots for the likes of David Nelson. If this team is about competition let them compete. I'm still predicting Gates makes the team.

Everyone but Ivory and Kerley, line excluded, needs to earn a spot on offense.

I would take Avant on the cheap.  Add him to the mix with Kerley, Nelson, Hill :sign0182:.  If Avant came cheap, we would still be able to sign someone like Tate, Nicks, Jones and then draft a WR.  I didn't include Decker in this conversation because he's probably going to be too expensive. 

I would take Avant on the cheap. Add him to the mix with Kerley, Nelson, Hill :sign0182:. If Avant came cheap, we would still be able to sign someone like Tate, Nicks, Jones and then draft a WR. I didn't include Decker in this conversation because he's probably going to be too expensive.

I think you excluded Decker because you're a goddamned racist. What do you think about that, Cooter?

I think you excluded Decker because you're a goddamned racist. What do you think about that, Cooter?

LOL!  You found me out!  In all reality he's probably gong to be too expensive.  We can use that money elsewhere and sign a couple of cheaper options at WR that will fill a need.

What makes him a clown? One of the nicest guys in the game according to everyone.

Also, when did Arsis come back?

Didn't mean clown personally.  Just that we would sign a guy who's really no more than a 3/4 and make him our big offseason acquisition.  Ala Justin McCareins, Curtis Conway, Chaz Schilens, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc FML

He'd be a decent bargain basement signing. He knows the offense like the back of his hand and he's a good 3rd down weapon. Must be cheap though and he'd be no lock to make the team.

I guarantee you couldn't pick the back of your hand out of a lineup.

NO - more nonsense "Sign everybody" threads. Avant is crap. We can get crap cheap from many other sources. Carlson...Avant....the Saints' offense...NO! A difference maker or eff off. the rest of the guys are just salary sponges not worth the time or cap space. Except Jared Allen and Sproles. But they are probably asking more than their worth anyway.

I guarantee you couldn't pick the back of your hand out of a lineup.

I could pick the back of his head out of a lineup.  A sweet, sweaty lineup.  My pants are warm.  So uncomfortably warm.  How about you guys?  Anyone else uncomfortable?  yeah.  mmmmm.  me too.  By the way, Shane, your "hand" comment was kinda gay.  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO more nonsense "Sign everybody" threads. Avant is crap. We can get crap cheap from many other sources. Carlson...Avant....the Saints' offense...NO! A difference maker or eff off. the rest of the guys are just salary sponges not worth the time or cap space. Except Jared Allen and Sproles. But they are probably asking more than their worth anyway.

This is why you're not a GM. On a 53 man rostet you need quality depth and backups. It's also always a good idea to bring in vets to compete in camp.

This is why you're not a GM. On a 53 man rostet you need quality depth and backups. It's also always a good idea to bring in vets to compete in camp.

I'm just happy you quoted me.  Like in Gilligan's Island, I'm your slave for life.  Or until you save my life.  Whatever.  I'm not even sure i have the right sitcom.  

Also, haven't heard from you in a long time.  Nice to see you visiting old friends.

Also, It's been so long, I'm not sure if your cool or a total dick...just can't remember.

Also....I think you were probably a dick.  

And finally, good to here from you.  I tend to repeat myself.

And by the way, Avant is a crapgarden which grows crap berries which are eaten by birds of crap which spread their crap seeds to fertile, lovely valleys and poop them on glorious mountaintops turning fields of lilly and sage into crap fields of flowering crap flowers.  JMO.

I'm just happy you quoted me. Like in Gilligan's Island, I'm your slave for life. Or until you save my life. Whatever. I'm not even sure i have the right sitcom.

Also, haven't heard from you in a long time. Nice to see you visiting old friends.

Also, It's been so long, I'm not sure if your cool or a total dick...just can't remember.

Also....I think you were probably a dick.

And finally, good to here from you. I tend to repeat myself.

And by the way, Avant is a crapgarden which grows crap berries which are eaten by birds of crap which spread their crap seeds to fertile, lovely valleys and poop them on glorious mountaintops turning fields of lilly and sage into crap fields of flowering crap flowers. JMO.

Could I get your dealer's number?

Archived