Fluff piece on Garoppolo. Jets certainly showing interest.

eboozer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Romo is not a great qb.

True, but perhaps we have to consider the point of comparison being used; just look at the rest of that list.  After all, Romo is still better than the rest of those other supposedly "great" QBs, with the possible exception of Simms.  The bar doesn't seem to be set particularly high.

Doesn't mean he didn't benefit from sitting for a few years, Romo's career does nothing to help the case of Garoppolo hypothetically being able to be a successful week 1 started, because we have no idea what actually would have happened if Romo started from the beginning of his rookie season. Which is the point I was making.

If you're looking for a FCS week 1 starter at QB it's Joe Flacco, who has a completely different skill set than Garoppolo. And Flacco started his career at an FBS school unlike Jimmy G.

Garoppolo would be fine as a mid-round project, but I've heard way too many people say he's skittish in the pocket and as T0m referenced "sees phantom pressure". Not a trait I want in my QB.

Jeff Mathews?

Here's that Waldman takedown of Garopollo. I'd paste it, but there's embedded video attached.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/03/05/qb-jimmy-garoppolo-knockout/

Not going to lie, I noticed Garoppollo sense phantom pressure to and it scares me, but that release of his is sick and we really need to add a qb. His article on Manziel is pretty interesting to, nice find.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/02/02/boiler-room-qb-johnny-manziel-and-why-i-think-of-ali/

Every year there's some middling QB prospect that gets so terribly over-hyped a month or two before the draft, because the internet scouting community didn't know who they were until they heard or saw and NFL team looking at them.  This year's Garoppolo. It seems he's got some developmental ability, which is definitely a plus, but this idea that some dude from Eastern Illinois is just going to waltz in and take over the job starting week 1 is absurd.  

Yea kind of like how absurd it was for Eugene to be the starter last year instead of signing a vet after Sanchez went down. If Garrapolo is chosen by the Jets he beats out  Eugene...Period.

Archived