Jets interested in Matt Schaub?

BurnleyJet

If -- and, frankly, when -- Matt Schaub is released by the Houston Texans, the quarterback might not be out of work for long.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that a trio of teams are believed to have interest in the veteran passer, including the Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders and New York Jets, according to a source informed of Schaub's situation.

All three squads make sense as potential landing spots.

The Raiders are starting over at the position, while the Jets are a lock to chase after an experienced signal-caller if -- and, again, when -- they cut Mark Sanchez.

In Cleveland, adding Schaub would reunite him with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, the former Texans play-caller who squeezed the most out of the quarterback during their time together.

If cut, Schaub will have a say in where he goes next, which adds complexity to the process. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported last month that the quarterback has no interest in backing up the Jets' Geno Smith, which would suggest that Schaub has no interest in backing up potential young passers in Oakland or Cleveland, either.

Both teams are likely to draft a rookie quarterback, and neither can sell Schaub as a difference-maker to their wounded fans after he comprehensively withered last season in Houston.

Still, after one NFL assistant coach said in January that a released Sanchez would "be the starter as soon as he walked in the door for us," maybe Schaub has a better shot than we're giving him to earn another No. 1 gig.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000331945/article/matt-schaub-could-have-interest-from-browns-raiders

Honestly I don't like any of the QBs that are, or are going to be available... If I had to choose though I'd probably take McCown. He did really well last year for Chicago, and would come significantly cheaper than Vick or Schaub. Plus Vick is almost as bad at turning the ball over lately as Geno, and Schaub is on the downswing in my opinion.

The fact that Oakland and Cleveland are looking to sign this guy should tell us plenty.

This .... They have nothing to lose because they have no faith in anyone on their rosters but the jets have hope for Geno and thus won't want to give up as much

Schaub is in for a rude awakening when he finds out there isn't a team willing to hand him the starting job without competition in camp, dude is old, and sucks worse than Sanchez, I hope he takes his ball, and goes home after he is released.

Honestly I don't like any of the QBs that are, or are going to be available... If I had to choose though I'd probably take McCown. He did really well last year for Chicago, and would come significantly cheaper than Vick or Schaub. Plus Vick is almost as bad at turning the ball over lately as Geno, and Schaub is on the downswing in my opinion.

Vick has always been a turnover machine, it's not something new. The Jets need more of a game manager in the interim. McCown has had one good (part of a) year in his 76+ seasons, and he did it with a pair of exceptional receivers, and an excellent dual-threat RB, in an aggressive offensive system. I don't see him repeating that fleeting magic here. Maybe he could be a clipboard-holding potential game manager. Maybe. In that respect, he might be the best choice.

The veteran market is terrible this year. Schaub would probably be my first choice.

Vick has always been a turnover machine, it's not something new. The Jets need more of a game manager in the interim. McCown has had one good (part of a) year in his 76+ seasons, and he did it with a pair of exceptional receivers, and an excellent dual-threat RB, in an aggressive offensive system. I don't see him repeating that fleeting magic here. Maybe he could be a clipboard-holding potential game manager. Maybe. In that respect, he might be the best choice.

The veteran market iand is terrible this year. Schaub would probably be my first choice.

Yup.  Vick is crap.  On top of that, he is old, inaccurate, broken down crap.  If they could bring in McCown it would be a much more stable move. I know coaches always say they want a backup who is dying to start.  It sounds good.  But it could suck on a football team.  I like backups who know they are backups and who know how to be backups.

The New York Daily News reports the Jets have expressed interest in free agent QB Shaun Hill.

Hill hasn't started a game since 2010, but would provide the Jets with a veteran backup to push Geno Smith in training camp. With Matt Cassel re-signed, Hill is Rotoworld's No. 4 free agent quarterback.

The New York Daily News reports the Jets have expressed interest in free agent QB Shaun Hill.

Hill hasn't started a game since 2010, but would provide the Jets with a veteran backup to push Geno Smith in training camp. With Matt Cassel re-signed, Hill is Rotoworld's No. 4 free agent quarterback.

Nice

Mike Vick is the lead story on ESPN NFL right now, and Ashley Fox, who does the story says and I quote "Micheal Vick is the best option at QB in Free Agency"

Izzy, go get this dude, and make the Jets Instant contenders as the one and only Adrian Peterson, says about the Vikings if they get Vick.

A new post for every sentence.  This is going to catch on in a big way.

I feel like they are trying to link the Jets with every well known free agent the only one they haven't was Byrd lol

Quite Frankly, I think Schaub is the best option out there and I'd love to see him come here

This .... They have nothing to lose because they have no faith in anyone on their rosters but the jets have hope for Geno and thus won't want to give up as much

The only way the Jets land him is if he wants to go to the Jets over other teams despite the lower salary but that won't happen because I bet he'd rather be with his old coordinator in Cleveland

A new post for every sentence.  I think this is going to catch on in a big way.

That's part of why my family left there. Corruption all over the place.

In all seriousness, she probably did whack that dude, but their justice system, took the emphasis off the fact that some kid got murdered, and onto a system that looks so inept and dysfunctional , that no one really cares about the actual crime anymore. pathetic.

In all seriousness, she probably did whack that dude, but their justice system, took the emphasis off the fact that some kid got murdered, and onto a system that looks so inept and dysfunctional , that no one really cares about the actual crime anymore. pathetic.

2 things

-She killed a woman not a dude.

-If you want to critique a failed justice system youreally  need to look no further than right here.

We have the 2 tier justice system. Justice for the wealthy vs the average to poor citizen are very different here.

2 things

-She killed a woman not a dude.

-If you want to critique a failed justice system youreally  need to look no further than right here.

We have the 2 tier justice system. Justice for the wealthy vs the average to poor citizen are very different here.

Sorry, forgot it was her roommate right, who obviously was female. Look, I'm not saying our system is anything to brag about, but sheesh, that system. Can we even try someone in the US in abstentia? I thought the accused had to be in attendance at his or her trial.

Sorry, forgot it was her roommate right, who obviously was female. Look, I'm not saying our system is anything to brag about, but sheesh, that system. Can we even try someone in the US in abstentia? I thought the accused had to be in attendance at his or her trial.

Go somewhere else to discuss judicial systems. Consider staying there.

Archived