Titans make Chris Johnson available for trade

joewilly12

If Idzik made this move I would hate him. We don't need help with running the ball. Averaged 4.4 yards a carry, can't ask for anything more than that.

We COULD use a pass catcher though if Goodson is unavailable. Johnson does fit the bill there. MJD is preferable to him, however.

Want to clean up this free agency mess acquire a quality RB like Chris Johnson and instantly not only improve our running game but our entire offense.

You literally want everyone you've ever heard of before. It's hysterical.

Other needs need attending to first that are worth that much money

Agreed, and I'm not saying give Johnson a boatload of money at 29.  But we could use a RB, no doubt about it.  If Goodson is available we can't count on his health.  If he's not available we can't count on just Ivory and Powell.

I imagine Idzik would prefer to bring one in via the draft and I'd have no problem with that.

Agreed, and I'm not saying give Johnson a boatload of money at 29.  But we could use a RB, no doubt about it.  If Goodson is available we can't count on his health.  If he's not available we can't count on just Ivory and Powell.

I imagine Idzik would prefer to bring one in via the draft and I'd have no problem with that.

Yeah, probably not through free agency. Some quiet talent should slip late in the draft. Wouldn't be surprised if we grab devonta freeman or charles sims in the 4th

If he'd take 3/$12-15M, with a team option for a 4th at $4M, I'd do it.  More than $5M/year I wouldn't.  We don't need a 1-year solution and statistically he's unlikely to be worth $6M or more 2-4 years from now.  The only reason for the 4th yr option would be if he's still effective as a 3rd down back, if the cap goes up as much as rumored then $4M might not be so nutty for a 3rd down back for 1 more year if we're presently contenders and he's an important part of it.

If we're going to acquire a veteran running back, I'd much rather it be MJD as opposed to Johnson.  Johnson doesn't strike me as a team player, judging from the constant excuses about why he's not getting his yards or that he's not being utilized properly by the coaching staff.  MJD, on the other hand, did his job in Jacksonville for a team that has been bad for a while now without complaining much, at least publicly. 

Archived