Revis being shopped

aec4

Per PFT on twitter.

@ProFootballTalk: Buccaneers are actively shopping CB Darrelle Revis. First reported by @alexmarvez. Confirmed by PFT.

I'd explore this before Veldner or however you spell it. I mean I'd see if he's going to be cut or if he'll take 12 a year.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Bucs are "stepping up [their] efforts" to trade Darrelle Revis.

If GM Jason Licht wants to deal Revis, he'd likely prefer to do so ahead of Thursday when Revis is due a $1.5 million roster bonus. Tampa Bay could save $16 million against the cap by trading Revis. We've officially entered crazy season in the NFL, with free agency set to kick off Tuesday, so we can't believe everything we hear. But this isn't the first time it's been reported that the Bucs are trying to trade their best player. ESPN's Adam Caplan mentions free agent CB Alterraun Verner as a potential Revis replacement in Tampa Bay.

@JasonLaCanfora: Several teams interested in Revis believe ultimately Bucs might simply release him. That coupled with his high salary complicates trade talk

No sh*t

I love the "trying to trade this overpaid player" scoops.

Unless the Broncos want to go all in for the remainder of Peyton's tenure, Revis is practically untradable.  I just can't see the Bucs admitting they gave up a 1st and 4th for the right to pay Revis $16 million to work his way back to form throughout the course of the season.  That's a tough sell.

Edit: Well F*ck me. Schefty is now reporting it. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bucs will release Darrelle Revis by 4 PM ET Wednesday if they can't find a trade partner.
The Tampa Bay Times has confirmed the report. Tampa Bay isn't going to pay Revis his astronomical $16 million salary, even if he is arguably the best corner in the game. None of the money in Revis' contract is guaranteed, so the Bucs will clear a boat load of cap room by moving on from him. Revis will have no shortage of suitors once he hits the open market. We don't expect a trade at this point.Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 10 - 9:14 PM

The laughs only grow louder by the day at those fools who trashed Idzik for this trade last year.  For a guy who would have been set to be a UFA tomorrow, the Bucs make a big trade and then gave him a massive raise on a new deal, only to already want him gone by the same time his old, cheaper deal would have run out.

Just sign with the Pats already and end this....we all know it's destined to happen

In what world would the Pats pay Revis anywhere close to the money he'd be asking for?  Even if no team is willing to pay him that ridiculous $16 million / year, I can't imagine the Pats going anywhere near the level of the top bids Revis would still be sure to draw in.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Short of a trade in the next two days, the Buccaneers are expected to release CB Darrelle Revis by 4 p.m. Wednesday, per league sources.

OH my.

Jets are flush with money.  Wouldn't it be a riot if Revis winds up back on the Jets, plus a 1st and 4th rounder.

Don't know where his value is, but I'll bet it's not close to $16,000,000

In what world would the Pats pay Revis anywhere close to the money he'd be asking for?  Even if no team is willing to pay him that ridiculous $16 million / year, I can't imagine the Pats going anywhere near the level of the top bids Revis would still be sure to draw in.

In the world where I've been a tortured Jets-Mets fan for 40 years and it will happen just because that's what happens.

OH my.

Jets are flush with money.  Wouldn't it be a riot if Revis winds up back on the Jets, plus a 1st and 4th rounder.

That would be insane. INSANE!!! 

In all seriousness do you think he knows his actual value is nowhere near 16mil a season? Maybe 10-11?

I wouldn't mind the Patriots signing Revis, that's less money for them to spend on receivers. Sign Revis and let Brady keep throwing to no names. Even if Revis signs in New England for like 9 million, that's a lot of money that could be spent elsewhere.

Wow. 1 and a 4 for 16M and a losing season.

Wasn't just a losing season, it was a gut the leadership and start from scratch debacle.

If the whole organization gets on its knees for 1 player, and that player consistently asks for more, the rest of the players - no matter how much "football stuff" they have in their makeup - will become detached from the organization, its leadership and coaches. 

Rex lost the Jets in Revis's last 2 years here, and Schiano lost the Bucs in his 1 year there. 3 straight seasons of the coach losing the team, while Revis collects. 

I don't care what kind of teammate he is, or he's reported about being, at the end of the day I have to imagine his presence and the way he holds a team hostage - while being fawned all over by the GM/Coach - has an impact on the rest of the team.

OH my.

Can't remember who said it, but I was talking to T0m the other day and he mentioned that some in the NFL believe his value in this market would be $11-$12 million per, which isn't terribly unreasonable, but almost makes you laugh at the Bucs paying $16 when the cap was even worse.  Idzik absolutely fleeced them.  If he ever came back, that would be one of the biggest robberies in recent memory.

The Jets need to acquire Revis imagine how great our defense would be with him back on it.

Rex Ryan will push hard for this.

Yeah he will.    Wonder what Revis value is in the current market?   9-10 million?  

This could get real interesting

In the world where I've been a tortured Jets-Mets fan for 40 years and it will happen just because that's what happens.

Yea this, I wish Woody got suspended from football like Steinbrenner so no one can stop Idzik from bringing Revis home where he belongs!

SIGN THIS BEAST BRING REVIS HOME.

Imagine if Idzik worked a deal to get Revis back he would instantly be a hero.

The Jets need to acquire Revis imagine how great our defense would be with him back on it.

Rex Ryan will push hard for this.

lol

Archived