Revis being shopped

aec4

I would sign him for 5 years 55 mil. 30 mil guaranteed

1st three 10 mil per

Last 2 12.5 mil

First three all $$ guaranteed

Last two no guarantee

We have the cap space

Plus you can't pay anything up front cause the first year he is making less cause you paid him at the start he will hold out

This will be Revis' life from here on out:

2014: Signs 2 yr, $24.5 mil deal with Colts

2016: Signs 1 yr, $10 mil deal with Redskins

2017: Signs 2 yr, $8 mil deal with Steelers

2018: Retires

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I like to dream about a Revis reunion, I would assume the conversation would be go something like this between Idzik, and Woody "Hi Mr. Johnson I wanted to get your thoughts on possibly contacting Revis, and his agents, and feeling them out to see where they stand on coming back? Woody "Over my dead body John, and over your job, now how would you like to mow my lawn!

Oh, I don't think so either.  But if the Colts decide they like Revis more, maybe we have a legit shot at Davis. Nice "consolation" prize.

If he makes it to FA on Wednesday, it would be a smart play on his part to come home, for Legacy's sake.  He's gotten paid three times over.  Come home, become a team-guy first (if he's capable of that train-of-thought). Throw Mark in with a bag of balls.  Get this done Idzik!

I will be souped out of my mind if Idzik gets Revis back in here next year for less than 10mil.  If Milliner plays next year like he did the last few games PLUS Revis on the other side.......nuts

not to mention, we basically got Richardson for renting out Revis like a used whore for a season.....

HA!!!

I wonder if the Bucs will get more than we did due to him having a year back from the surgery.

What day does it become official that we get the 3rd?

Not in a million years. No one will pay up couple of firsts for Revis while taking on that monstrous contract, albeit zero guarantees.

Imagine if Idzik worked a deal to get Revis back he would instantly be a hero.

He would have traded Revis for cap space relief and a long-term deal on the defensive rookie of the year and a 4th round pick, only to then get him back after he completed a full season of "rehab" in Tampa Bay? Legendary.

He's not coming back guys,.ever, let it go...as long as he doesn't wind up with the pats I'm fine with it.

Disagree there's a good chance he comes back. We are in the market for a CB he just became the best available if hes released or trade them Sanchez for Revis even up.

Disagree there's a good chance he comes back. We are in the market for a CB he just became the best available if hes released or trade them Sanchez for Revis even up.

The very hands on owner hates his guts.

Can probably sign Verner plus a lower-tier guy like Rogers or Munnerlyn for the money Revis will want.

I hear what you're saying, but Darrelle Revis put together the best season for a CB that I've ever seen in my life. NO, im not saying go get him, but Verner and a lower tier guy isnt better than Darrelle Revis. The problem with Revis is actually what you wrote, he will hold your cap hostage for as long as he's on your team. 

If Revis would play for 10 million flat for the rest of his life the Jets would definitely consider. 

What's funny is that I was asking for clarification as to who was tripping on dicks there, then realized that it looked like I was asking an entirely different question.

I meant they waste no time in going after a piece they really  like.   The ground never even hit D'Qwell Jackson's feet before they signed him.

being able to play 16 games, which would be 6 more games more than Talib. 

Pretty sure Talib only missed three games last year and played in both of their playoff games.  Again, the play of one CB is not what booted them from the playoffs, not sure how Revis puts them over the top. 

Pretty sure Talib only missed three games last year and played in both of their playoff games.  Again, the play of one CB is not what booted them from the playoffs, not sure how Revis puts them over the top. 

the past 4 years talib average is missing a quarter of  the season. pass, with a capital PASS. 

the past 4 years talib average is missing a quarter of  the season. pass, with a capital PASS. 

Pass on what? I was never advocating for us to acquire him, not even remotely. I was merely pointing out that swapping Revis for Talib doesn't suddenly transform the Patriots into some Super Bowl-bound juggernaut in order to quell the woe-is-me crown, at which point you decided to wrongly inform me that Talib played in six less games as Revis. Not a big deal, not here to argue over how many games who played, just that Revis signing with the Patriots is not the end of the world. 

Pass on what? I was never advocating for us to acquire him, not even remotely. I was merely pointing out that swapping Revis for Talib doesn't suddenly transform the Patriots into some Super Bowl-bound juggernaut in order to quell the woe-is-me crown, at which point you decided to wrongly inform me that Talib played in six less games as Revis. Not a big deal, not here to argue over how many games who played, just that Revis signing with the Patriots is not the end of the world. 

Relax

I didnt say you did. Im simply saying that if the Pats picked up Revis and passed on Talib it would be good for them because they will more than likely have Revis for the year. Talib will miss on average a quarter of the season. I didnt wrongly inform you of anything, I was exaggerating given that Talib is bound to miss significant time on average. 

Archived