Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

Ware is that much better than Peppers? I've kind of always grouped them very close together.

You just pointed it out 3-4 vs. 4-3 but yeah, Ware is better than Peppers, period...but he's also older and isnt even really in the same conversation as a pure pass rusher...like not at all.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I like Jared Allen better than both Ware and Peppers?

That said, I guess Ware replacing Pace makes more sense for the Jets.

I'd like to see Jets get Revis back. That would be sweet.

Please God, don't let him sign with the Pats. 

The Jets should've been ALL OVER Byrd as a no brainier signing but instead we're twiddling our thumbs and waiting for them to sign hasbeens with their 50 million of cap room. 

I agree 100%...did Byrd sign elsewhere? Revis might be a pipe dream, but I thought going hard after Byrd and another FA corner was a no-brainer, too.

Peppers was amongst the best run stopping weak side ends this season. He also a double digit sacks guy. Had His DT not been hurt he would have easily gotten it this season. As for Ware, he's been breaking down since turning age 30 and has surgery every season it seems to fix something. So it seems Ware looks more like the 34 years old with Peppers being the 32 year old. But on our base defense Ware would be more valuable without a doubt.

Resign Colon and Howard, Reed, sign Revis and Ware and I'm good Lol. Then draft weapons. And Garoppolo.

I meant to quote this...I'd be pretty happy too but I'd like to see at least an Emmanuel Sanders type in the mix.

They need to land at least 1 veteran WR, IMO.

Peppers was amongst the best run stopping weak side ends this season. He also a double digit sacks guy. Had His DT not been hurt he would have easily gotten it this season. As for Ware, he's been breaking down since turning age 30 and has surgery every season it seems to fix something. So it seems Ware looks more like the 34 years old with Peppers being the 32 year old. But on our base defense Ware would be more valuable without a doubt.

The Jets dont need run stoppers...they got run stoppers galore.  They need pass rusher and Ware is far superior in that category. 

And I'm not sure what you're talking about with Ware.  He's only missed like 1 game in his career up till last season.  He's been banged up but usually plays through it.  He had 11 sacks the year before...19 the year before that...pretty consistent till this last year.

EDIT: and thats a crazy stat for Peppers considering how bad their D was last season.

Archived