Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah but we could have had Vernier for less than 7 per or right at 7.

I said the other day, we could have Verner plus another CB for Revis money.... But we missed the boat. Not sure what is left other than Revis at this point.

@AdamSchefter: Saints reached agreement with S Jairus Byrd on a six-year deal.

Ok that all but crushes our plans to upgrade the secondary only Verner is left to sign.............................then along came Darrelle Revis...you are Idzik and Rex wants Revis back and Woody likes a sideshow so Revis it will be watch and see.

Maybe Idzik does not want to spend until this team starts to contend. In the mean time continue to build through the draft and hold off on big FA spending until we can narrow down our needs rather than trying to plug huge holes this team currently has at various positions S, OL,CB,WR,RB,TE and the biggest of all QB

True. But reports are the Jets were not even close to the money the Bucs gave Verner. I'm hoping its because they are going to go get Revis or DRC, and not because they are looking for this years Goodson or Winslow.

I can't believe they'd intentionally pocket the money at this point. Mehta clearly got that "not in the same ballpark" on Verner from his agents. Rex is on a one-year deal. They've got the money, and they've got the draft picks to back it up. Weird.

Its Revis or bust guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The New York Daily News reports Darrelle Revis would "love" a reunion with the Jets.

Revis has found the grass isn't always greener away from Gang Green. The Jets are in the market for a new No. 1 corner after releasing Antonio Cromartie, and will certainly look into Revis if/when he hits the open market. They'll likely be one of the finalists.

I can't believe they'd intentionally pocket the money at this point. Mehta clearly got that "not in the same ballpark" on Verner from his agents. Rex is on a one-year deal. They've got the money, and they've got the draft picks to back it up. Weird.

Verner wasnt a good fit anyway. I'm not throwing in the towel yet - but if I have to watch Walls run after WR's this year it will be a long season.

On Byrd...I thought The Saints were in cap Hell?

yeah it seems like only the Jets cant make sh*t happen when In cap hell... Remember what this team did in 2011 when we had major OL issues and kept signing thug Bargain basement WR's while ignoring all the other needs on the team ? one year after 2 consecutive AFCCG appearances letting the strength on the team go to sh*t

Its Revis or bust guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The New York Daily News reports Darrelle Revis would "love" a reunion with the Jets.

Revis has found the grass isn't always greener away from Gang Green. The Jets are in the market for a new No. 1 corner after releasing Antonio Cromartie, and will certainly look into Revis if/when he hits the open market. They'll likely be one of the finalists.

No.

The teams that paid today paid top dollar. 

The nice thing is you still have alot of good to great corners on the board and all the top WR's are still on the board. To me those are the two biggest needs now that Cromartie is gone.

Idzik will strike when the time is right.

Archived