Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

The Jets should get Revis Sproles Decker and Ware

That is all.

Sproles adds a very nice safety valve for a young QB or any QB for that matter something we have not had here in a long long time other than an old washed up LT

Im right there w ya on this except i'd like to see tate over decker

am I missing something here?? the jets have serious needs at cb and safety. 2 young pro bowlers are available in verner & ward. the jets were said to have interest in these 2 players and if that was just the media blowing smoke, the jets should damn well should have interest in them. jets are 40m under the cap. both players sign extremely team friendly deals. what am I missing?????

There's a ton of reasons why this might not work out for us that easily. Free agency is a two-way street. The Jets were a bad to mediocre team last year. They have a negative perception nationally as a poorly run organization. They have a god-awful offense without a legit QB. Teams with a lot of cap space were ****ed over because the cap was unexpectedly raised this year, leading to more competitors. New York is cold and has high state taxes. There is another team in New York that has been bashed less by the media as a joke organization.

The Jets have had their share of incompetence, but I'm inclined to believe the Jets are interested, but are attempting to remain disciplined in handing out contracts, or are just not a preferable destination right now all things considered. We're either going to have to "overpay" or wait until the market settles.

Revis signing sells tickets and puts money back in Woodys pocket.

Aren't all the games pretty much sold out anyway? Jets fans are loyal and can endure massive amounts of pain!

Maybe they sell some more Revis jersey's, but he's only been gone less than a year.

There's a ton of reasons why this might not work out for us that easily. Free agency is a two-way street. The Jets were a bad to mediocre team last year. They have a negative perception nationally as a poorly run organization. They have a god-awful offense without a legit QB. Teams with a lot of cap space were ****ed over because the cap was unexpectedly raised this year, leading to more competitors. New York is cold and has high state taxes. There is another team in New York that has been bashed less by the media as a joke organization.

The Jets have had their share of incompetence, but I'm inclined to believe the Jets are interested, but are attempting to remain disciplined in handing out contracts, or are just not a preferable destination right now all things considered. We're either going to have to "overpay" or wait until the market settles.

ward signed for 5.5m. verner signed for 6.5m.i don't see how you could be more disciplined at handing out contracts at those prices. if idzik has a better overall plan, I am all ears. until I see it, it looks like idzik couldn't close a paper bag

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are showing "serious interest" in free agent Maurice Jones-Drew.

Jones-Drew won't be returning to Jacksonville after the Jags gave Toby Gerhart $4.5 million guaranteed. He'd be a nice addition to a Jets backfield without a reliable back. Chris Ivory is injury prone, while Mike Goodson is recovering from a torn ACL. MJD is very much on the downslope, however. He's not going to get as much money as Gerhart.

Why are people continously putting Decker's name out there as serious solution to the offense? The only reason he is being mentioned as a top FA WR is due to his two great statistical years with Manning throwing him the ball, and he also had the benefit of other targets on the team that gave him more opportunities to get open. It would be a waste of money to sign Decker at this point, he won't make the offense any better than drafting a rookie in the first or second round. I say we focus on re-signing Howard, getting Revis back on board and making a concerted effort at signing Miles Austin. Austin would be a great #2, and we can focus on finding a #1 WR in the draft.

• Upvote 1

How did he do against jimmy graham this season?

ps: he got hurt in the AFCCG

Yeah, I know. That's a big reason why they lost and why Bellicheat was so angry at Welker. After Talib went out, Thomas couldn't be handled.

And regarding Graham, he did great, except for that TD, that Graham was too tall for him. That's about all graham got that day.

Check the stat sheets.

Graham was crying to the refs all game.

According to the NFL Network, talks between the Jets and free agent Michael Vick have hit a "roadblock."

The roadblock is reportedly Vick wanting a starting job. That's interesting, because it suggests either the Jets have a stronger commitment to Geno Smith than they've let on, or Vick doesn't want to fight for snaps. If Vick thinks he's going to be handed a starting gig at this point in his career without competing for it, he's kidding himself. Reporter Kim Jones says the two sides could revisit a deal in the future. Right now, Vick's best landing spot looks like the rudderless Raiders.

Players are subject to nj tax not ny

Edited by aec4

The upper deck is half not sold out.

Surprising.

Living in Pa. I don't get to the games anymore.

Last game I saw in person was the GB game that we won to clinch a PO spot. Last game of the season.

Edited by eboozer