Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone want to argue that we're not in a really bad position right now? I'd be happy to listen, as I'm a homer at heart.

We've been telling you for years: the Jets suck, the Jets always will suck, and our existence as fans is pathetic and meaningless. Welcome aboard.

Smart GMs are talking to players on 3rd/4th year of rookie contracts about extensions right now instead of jumping in deep end of FA pool

There's no one that it makes any sense to extend on the Jets, really. And even if you extended Kerley and Mo Wilk for some reason, you would probably still have $40 million dollars left, and multiple holes on the team that you COULD have fixed for $5m or $6m at a time.

We could go after DRC or Munnerlyn. Neither of them should be our #1 next year. Either way, we still miss out on top talent in a year where we will have 40, maybe 50 million to spend. That's ridiculous.

Is there an updated cap picture for all teams out there? I'm wondering if this puts us in a better position to sign those wide receivers. There's not much else left that's all that intriguing.

Just out of curiosity, given all of the names that are off the board, which guys (any position) would you be targeting now?

You try for Revis, sure.  Not going to give him 14-16 though.

Elsewhere, as we've both mentioned DRC and Munnerlyn are more than serviceable.  

Strief to fill in the hole at RT.

Make a run at Nicks, Sanders (my preference) or Decker.  I'm not high on them personally, but they need SOMETHING.  Much worse than they need a CB.  If Tate leaves Detroit without signing, you make a run at him.

Woodley would fill the hole left by Pace.

Daniels, Pettigrew, Graham at TE.

I think Wharton is the best guard left at this point?  Meh...

Wouldn't mind McCown at QB, but he's going to try and start somewhere.  Doubt we get him.

And I guarantee we make a move for MJD.  Not because I want him, but just because.

You try for Revis, sure.  Not going to give him 14-16 though.

Elsewhere, as we've both mentioned DRC and Munnerlyn are more than serviceable.  

Strief to fill in the hole at RT.

Make a run at Nicks, Sanders (my preference) or Decker.  I'm not high on them personally, but they need SOMETHING.  Much worse than they need a CB.  If Tate leaves Detroit without signing, you make a run at him.

Woodley would fill the hole left by Pace.

Daniels, Pettigrew, Graham at TE.

I think Wharton is the best guard left at this point?  Meh...

Wouldn't mind McCown at QB, but he's going to try and start somewhere.  Doubt we get him.

And I guarantee we make a move for MJD.  Not because I want him, but just because.

No offense man but that is terrible.Terrible.

At this point I can't even tell if I'm overreacting or underreacting.

We had one of the best cap situations in the league with tons of holes because our roster sucked enough to have a great cap situation and so far...nothing.

If it makes you feel any better, the Raiders and Jaguars can say the same thing.

Forget all these FAs how much would it take to get Tannenbaum back you guys

Tannenbaum is Jim Hendry to Idzik's Epstein...this is the same sh*t the Cubs are doing. It's annoying but there's worse things to do. Still plenty of interesting FAs available for a team that needs a quantity of players right now.

---

Favorite FA signing so far is the coup the Cardinals got in Veldheer.

So you mean to tell me that there wasn't a single guy not a single guy that fit into Idzik's tightwad budget???? For all the people that have been talking up how important it is to not overpay, put yourself in a good cap situation and the ones that keep talking up the "teams are built in the draft" crap, where does that get you now? You don't win a medal for being the team furthest under the cap.

What's more likely:

1. Idzik is electing to stuff his mattress with the $40 mil in cap space

--or--

2. The top free agents just don't want any part of this franchise

I can never tell if you're being serious, both scenarios are ridiculous. If I have to pick though it's obviously #1, though he's more likely hiding under his mattress. Everyone including Revis loves the idea of playing for Rex, sports illustrated said so. This is all about Idzik being sackless..If we just made Rex GM like I suggested a year ago he'd be swinging the big dick all over free agency.

Oh I forgot -- your turn with what's left.  Please...tell us how you'd put together an excellent team.

I'm waiting on pins and needles.

Hey, you got me wrong. I didn't mean any personal offense. As far as I'm concerned, your list might as well be my list. I'm not criticizing you for putting that list together, I'm saying we never should have let it come down to this. A top tier player or 2 should have been locked up moving into day 2 of free agency. The list wasn't terrible per se, it was terrible relative to what we could have done.

Way to save the offseason:

Sign Revis at 11 million per year

Sign Sander (WR)

Pick up a mid tier safety to improve what's been a weakness in our team since Rhodes left.

Draft the top TE/WR on the board with our first round pick

Resign Howard 

Best case scenario?

So you mean to tell me that there wasn't a single guy not a single guy that fit into Idzik's tightwad budget???? For all the people that have been talking up how important it is to not overpay, put yourself in a good cap situation and the ones that keep talking up the "teams are built in the draft" crap, where does that get you now? You don't win a medal for being the team furthest under the cap.

No one wants to play here.

Archived