Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, you got me wrong. I didn't mean any personal offense. As far as I'm concerned, your list might as well be my list. I'm not criticizing you for putting that list together, I'm saying we never should have let it come down to this. A top tier player or 2 should have been locked up moving into day 2 of free agency.

1 -- I'm gonna keep the tough guy act up to save face.  You suck (but I apologize...don't tell anyone though, ok? cool.)

2 -- I don't disagree...but we were never getting any of these guys over the 49ers, Broncos, or Saints.  We just weren't.  I guess I came into this FA expecting that already, so I'm less disappointed?

3 -- If they bring in Decker or Revis (either are still possible, though I personally doubt they'll happen), they have that top tier player still.  I'm just not going to jump off the cliff because they didn't get players over the teams on the cusp of a SB.

Seriously though- what do non win now teams generally do when they have a lot of cap space to play with?

Scour around in the scrap heap for good buys...The Jets will spend money in FA, it just didn't happen on the crazy first day of FA. The Cubs last year had money to spend but as a bad team spread their money around 9 ML FA contracts. Pretty much going to see the same thing here.

1 -- I'm gonna keep the tough guy act up to save face.  You suck (but I apologize...don't tell anyone though, ok? cool.)

2 -- I don't disagree...but we were never getting any of these guys over the 49ers, Broncos, or Saints.  We just weren't.  I guess I came into this FA expecting that already, so I'm less disappointed?

3 -- If they bring in Decker or Revis (either are still possible, though I personally doubt they'll happen), they have that top tier player still.  I'm just not going to jump off the cliff because they didn't get players over the teams on the cusp of a SB.

It wasn't just Superbowl competitors that signed players though. The Browns did, the Giants did. Others besides that. Neither of the two I mentioned are in an obviously superior position to us.

Every time I see another CB come off the market, a little piece of me dies. Because that means we're one step closer to going into next year with Milliner and Wilson, or we're using our fourth-1st rounder in the past eight years on yet another CB.

Can always crawl back to Cro.

I can never tell if you're being serious, both scenarios are ridiculous. If I have to pick though it's obviously #1, though he's more likely hiding under his mattress. Everyone including Revis loves the idea of playing for Rex, sports illustrated said so. This is all about Idzik being sackless..If we just made Rex GM like I suggested a year ago he'd be swinging the big dick all over free agency.

BONUS: MEET Jay-Z!!!

+1.  Doubt Tate leaves Detroit without a contract, but the point stands.

Tate will be gone in your opinion, you don't think we'll get Revis or Decker... OK... the safeties are gone, the tackles are gone, the tight end market is weak. You're optimistic because?

It wasn't just Superbowl competitors that signed players though. The Browns did, the Giants did. Others besides that. Neither of the two I mentioned are in an obviously superior position to us.

Eh...FA's are going to sign with the Giants before the Jets.  Blah blah Rex blah blah...never bought in to that.

As for Cleveland, yeah -- that sucks.  I don't think we were really players for Dansby though (I could be wrong).  Whitner would have been nice, but given the Browns (home for him) and Jets -- I don't think you're gonna see the Jets picked very often in that situation.

Eh...FA's are going to sign with the Giants before the Jets.  Blah blah Rex blah blah...never bought in to that.

As for Cleveland, yeah -- that sucks.  I don't think we were really players for Dansby though (I could be wrong).  Whitner would have been nice, but given the Browns (home for him) and Jets -- I don't think you're gonna see the Jets picked very often in that situation.

If FA's wont come here, that's on Idzik IMO. Plenty of players should want to come to a team with an ascending defense, lots of cap room, tons of draft picks in the biggest market and the biggest city in the country.

DRC is still on the market as well as a handful of other guys who would instantly be upgrades over Walls, Wilson or last years Cro.  Davis got away and the Jets weren't real suitors for Verner, not sure why everyone is so damned close to the ledge.  Idzik has shown that he's going BPA come draft time and if it's a CB , he's going to pick him regardless of whether we need a new one or not, point in case with drafting Sheldon last year. 

It's just a weird day. It's odd when you spend a week prior to free agency clearing a ton of cap space, and then the GM's best move on the first day of free agency is not overpaying a marginally average right tackle. It's a long offseason, but the first 24 hours are weird as all hell.

Archived