Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres nothing that indicates Decker is going to get overpaid...why are you convinced he will be?

If he gets a #2 money contract...wouldnt that be spot on?

Really, are there any signs telling you Idzik is going to overpay?

I think the fact that Denver didn't sign him suggests he's looking to be over paid.

Ah, gotta love the good ole Jets fans.  We've heard non-stop for months how the Jets priorities need to begin, end, and be nothing else but WRs, and most certainly not continue to waste their time and money on this defense nonsense.  Day 1 of FA comes and the first wave of signings is almost entirely DBs, while absolutely no WRs are signed, yet somehow the Jets are forever doomed by it.

Now don't get me wrong, the Jets suck and I freely admit that, but them not prioritizing DB in FA just because a bunch of other teams decided to do so could not possibly have less to do with any of the reasons why.

If we could have landed Asamoah I'd have been happy with Day 1 of Free Agency.  Since we didn't I'm just slightly irked.  But it's a good thing we don't have a Tannenbaum running the show.  We'd have overpaid Donte Whitner and Howard.

I don't understand giving Decker big $$$$$$, the Jets could just draft the same exact type of player, but with better hands in the 2nd round in Jordan Matthews.  And this new rumor of limiting Smith to 20 passes per game then why waste big $$$$ on a WR?  Shouldn't you be investing in run mauling offensive lineman?

Because we need more than one starting receiver, and it'd be nice if one of those is a veteran.  I don't like the idea of handing Decker WR1 money, but the dude put up numbers even when Tebow was QB.  So I'm not against bringing him in for WR1/WR2 tweener money.

I think the fact that Denver didn't sign him suggests he's looking to be over paid.

That, and they already handed a sizable contract to Welker and will have to pay Demaryius and Orange Julius at some point.

Talib to Broncos.

Think I saw 6 for 57M w/ 26M guaranteed (i think, something very close to that)

I wanted Talib but that's crazy money. I thought Verner would've gotten more than that.

Can anyone argue now how Revis has basically transformed the pay scale at the CB position? Nobody's getting 16, but he put a spotlight on the importance of the corner in today's NFL

Nah i think they are just more focused on building the defense for this last run at winning a super bowl, scoring wasnt the problem last year it was defense

I take it back, kinda. He's being overrated, but signing him (even in an overpay) would be a positive step for this franchise.

My reaction at first was the same. Even a slight overpay here would be ok. You were probably thinking about the Super Bowl like I was. But the Seahawks completely dominated the whole Denver offense that day, not just Decker. I'm more concerned about the Seahawks OT that is visiting. He looks kinda sh*tty.

Nah i think they are just more focused on building the defense for this last run at winning a super bowl, scoring wasnt the problem last year it was defense

I've read Denver flat out told him they think he's a #2 and they'll pay him as such. But that they would try to match his best offer. 

Denver spread the wealth with Manning- their issue was defense- they got run over by Seattle on defense in Super Bowl

Manning never got a drive going either. I think Elway is in full blown panic mode. 

Archived